View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:10 am

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 OT: Bills considered Cam Cameron for head coaching job 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

OT: Bills considered Cam Cameron for head coaching job
Do they even know what they are doing in Buffalo. They ended up hiring Chan Gailey. On paper Gailey did ok as a head coach at Dallas (18-14), but I thought he squandered good talent.

Quote:
Bills considered Cam Cameron for head coaching job
by Brian Biggane

Considering the disaster that occurred when Cam Cameron got an opportunity to be head coach in Miami three years ago, it’s difficult to imagine another team considering him for the same job this quickly. But that’s apparently what happened when Buffalo conducted its recent search that ultimately settled on former Dolphins offensive coordinator Chan Gailey.

According to John Murphy, whose position as play-by-play man for the Bills’ radio network gives him credibility as a team insider, Gailey was one of five candidates given serious consideration for the job by recently hired GM Buddy Nix. The others: Gailey, Arizona offensive coordinator Russ Grimm, Minnesota defensive coordinator Leslie Frazier and San Diego D-coordinator Ron Rivera.

Murphy also wrote that the Bills had a wish list that included Bill Cowher, Mike Shanahan, Jon Gruden and Jim Harbaugh. Interesting, Jets offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer, who turned down a request to interview for the job, wasn’t on either list.

http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/thedaily ... ching-job/

Download the Free Phinfever Browser Toolbar

Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:00 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Global Moderator & FFL Commish
Phinfever Global Moderator & FFL Commish

Post Re: OT: Bills considered Cam Cameron for head coaching job
But Cammy would have been such a great fit in Buffalo.....oh what could have been.....

Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:07 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Imagine if Buffalo hired him and put together a great team that could kick our arse .. that would've been horrible

Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:27 pm
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

Cam is a really good offensive coach and has the tools to be a good head coach. He'll get another opportunity before we know it. Can't write off first time coaching failures, especially if only given one year.

Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:27 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

MTFan wrote:
Cam is a really good offensive coach and has the tools to be a good head coach. He'll get another opportunity before we know it. Can't write off first time coaching failures, especially if only given one year.

Says the man that would trade away Ronnie Brown for a 4th round pick. Cam Cameron could not control a team, he couldn't coach a team, he couldn't manage a game, he couldn't make personnel decisions, and he was extremely close to being the first winless coach in a season since the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in the 70's. He has zero tools to be a good head coach.

Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:10 pm
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Iowafin wrote:
MTFan wrote:

Says the man that would trade away Ronnie Brown for a 4th round pick. Cam Cameron could not control a team, he couldn't coach a team, he couldn't manage a game, he couldn't make personnel decisions, and he was extremely close to being the first winless coach in a season since the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in the 70's. He has zero tools to be a good head coach.

I'm with Iowa on this one. I cannot think of one good thing to say about him as a head coach. He was horrible.

Download the Free Phinfever Browser Toolbar

Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:32 pm
Profile WWW
2012 NFL Pick 'Em Champ
2012 NFL Pick 'Em Champ

Some guys are just good coordinators & lousy head coaches. Cam is certainly one of those guys. You cant argue with the way he has handled the Ravens offense while bringing along Flacco. You also cant argue for the opinions of him from us Dolphin fans. Just wait until he gets Ted Ginn again , he will make a pro bowl receiver out of him ... LOL.

Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:30 pm
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

Iowafin wrote:
MTFan wrote:

a 4th round pick? where did you pull that out of. I'm not for trading Ronnie Brown for anything.

I'm just saying I'm not going to bash Cam. He came into a bad situation with Dom Capers and Randy Mueller. Once Trent Green was out he had to decide between Lemon and Beck, ouch.

Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:21 pm
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

don't get me wrong, I couldn't be happier the way things are working out. I'm just stating the guy got a raw deal, but I'm glad he's gone.

Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:23 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

MTFan wrote:
Iowafin wrote:
MTFan wrote:

a 4th round pick? where did you pull that out of. I'm not for trading Ronnie Brown for anything.

I'm just saying I'm not going to bash Cam. He came into a bad situation with Dom Capers and Randy Mueller. Once Trent Green was out he had to decide between Lemon and Beck, ouch.

My apologies. I'm thinking of MdDolfan...
Regardless, Capers is a good coordinator. Minus that Cardinals game, he did an outstanding job with the Packers.

It was Cameron's idea to bring in that aging, mush head in the first place. Don't feel bad for him because he got hurt, we all knew it was coming. That's why everyone wanted to draft a quarterback with the first pick because Miami didn't have anything. The only reason it was a bad situation was because Cameron made it one.

It's not like Saban left it in shambles. Saban helped build them up from that putrid 4-12 team that Wannstadt created, then Cameron came in and tore it all apart thinking that might help.

Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:45 pm
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

once again, it looks like we are going to have to agree to disagree.

Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:05 pm
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

I wish they would have......

Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:01 pm
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]