View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:56 am

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ] 
 Dolphins Fan Moving to Alaska (WAH?!) 
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Post Dolphins Fan Moving to Alaska (WAH?!)
Hey guys,
I'm moving to Alaska just before the season starts and I'm looking at my options for getting all the games.

First thing I'd love to do is get NFL Sunday Ticket. Although pricy, this would be ideal. But, money is tight and I'm not sure it's going to happen that way.

Second would be NFL Game Rewind. Does anyone have this? Do you know when they post the games? I might get an audio subscription to listen live and then watch the games a few days later. Much cheaper.

Any info you could provide would be really helpful.

I really think this is going to be a big year for our team so I don't want to miss a beat (or a Henne- Marshall connection).

Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:59 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Re: Dolphins Fan Moving to Alaska (WAH?!)
I like the sunday ticket. But if your going to Anchorage there is a place called the peanut farm and they show every game and every booth has your own personal TV. There are plenty of good sports bars up there, but peanut farm was my favorite because of the personal tv situation. I lived up there for 6 years. If you want anymore info let me know.

Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:23 am
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

But your moving to Alaska...... Im pretty sure they pay you 1000 bucks a year to live there. Gov't money to pay for Sunday ticket. If only life in Jersey could be so easy

Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:40 am
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Plus there is meth on every corner!

When you hit the preseason games you can test out how the nfl stream connection works..What kind of uplink are you gonna get?

Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:58 am
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

SkyHigh314 wrote:
But your moving to Alaska...... Im pretty sure they pay you 1000 bucks a year to live there. Gov't money to pay for Sunday ticket. If only life in Jersey could be so easy

Nahhh they take all the money that they give to Alaskans from the people who live in Jersey... that's why we're all so poor lol :pumpiron:

Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:22 am
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

are you kidding me, nah, Alaskans get their own money, and Palan gives it to them like a nanny old lady feeding her cats. Jersey, they take our money and use it to feed Jets ego's..... new stadium, pfft, and the Jets think that they get to decide the name...... yea i know, its bogus..... the stadium is awesome though, was there for what do u know, a bon jovi concert like a month and a half ago

Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:27 am

SkyHigh314 wrote:
are you kidding me, nah, Alaskans get their own money, and Palan gives it to them like a nanny old lady feeding her cats. Jersey, they take our money and use it to feed Jets ego's..... new stadium, pfft, and the Jets think that they get to decide the name...... yea i know, its bogus..... the stadium is awesome though, was there for what do u know, a bon jovi concert like a month and a half ago

I made the trip down there last year for the Jets/Phins game... idk if I'll do it again... not too fond of the East side of the State... I like my nice little Northwest corner...

:yay:

Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:42 am
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Get the ticket man. It's worth it. If not.. Go to a sports bar that has the ticket. That's what I do.

Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:49 am
Phinfever Global Moderator

You can join us in the chat room during the game...we'll hook you up with a video feed for free. That's how I watch the games.

Sunday Ticket, from what I hear, is not only expensive but they get you every year with new charges.

Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:09 am
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Yeah, the feeds are really nice. But they can be hit and miss. I'd like something reliable. I also have a 50 inch Plasma that I've never used with HD and I'd LOVE to see the Dolphins games in HD.

I've just got to convince the wife this is doable...

Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:19 am

AOA001 wrote:
Yeah, the feeds are really nice. But they can be hit and miss. I'd like something reliable. I also have a 50 inch Plasma that I've never used with HD and I'd LOVE to see the Dolphins games in HD.

I've just got to convince the wife this is doable...

In that case I would not waste that type of TV...Spend the extra money and get the ticket.

As for the feeds, let's just say we have a pretty reliable one on a weekly basis.

Can you get Sunday and Monday night games over there on regular cable?

Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:24 am
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

if you have an xbox360 or ps3 you can view the stream on the tv....... its worked for me a few times, although i prefer going out to a bar with the ticket and being as belligerent as possible, especially Miami's home week vs the Jets, or Pats Weeks. I usually get in a brawl verbal or physical after about 10-15 miller lites

Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:31 am

SkyHigh314 wrote:
if you have an xbox360 or ps3 you can view the stream on the tv....... its worked for me a few times, although i prefer going out to a bar with the ticket and being as belligerent as possible, especially Miami's home week vs the Jets, or Pats Weeks. I usually get in a brawl verbal or physical after about 10-15 miller lites

How would I watch the game on my xbox?

Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:40 am
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

doesnt xbox have a browser??? I dunno, I thought they had the same average internet browser. I can access almost every site without a flash player on the PS3, I thought the xbox could do the same

Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:07 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Phins Rock wrote:
You can join us in the chat room during the game...we'll hook you up with a video feed for free. That's how I watch the games.

Sunday Ticket, from what I hear, is not only expensive but they get you every year with new charges.

Having the feed here is great news. I can't get any sports channels. I watched on streams last year. It is better than nothing IMO.

Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:10 pm

Just a warning to you, it's an extra $100 to get the Ticket in HD... so you're up to $400 already.

Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:58 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

SkyHigh314 wrote:

Haha. You and me both.

Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:31 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

IamPZ wrote:
Just a warning to you, it's an extra $100 to get the Ticket in HD... so you're up to $400 already.

The HD games are now part of the package, they just increased the cost of the package by $50 bucks I think. New customers will have to make 7 payments of $49.99 per month for the ticket and returning customers make 6 payments of 49.99.

Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:43 pm
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Yeah HD is now included in the package as is Super Fan, which I would have never purchased separately. I guess DirecTv figured if they won't buy Super Fan on their own, force them to buy it, or miss out on Sunday Ticket all together.

Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:02 pm
Phinfever FFL Commish
Phinfever FFL Commish

Sunday Ticket, for me, is worth every penny. The HD is awesome! I love having eight games on the big screen all at once. You can also program in players from two of your fantasy teams and you'll get a flash message when one of them makes a big play.

Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:59 am

TxDolfan wrote:
Yeah HD is now included in the package as is Super Fan, which I would have never purchased separately. I guess DirecTv figured if they won't buy Super Fan on their own, force them to buy it, or miss out on Sunday Ticket all together.

Awesome! I wasn't going to get it again this year cuz most of the cool features were on Superfan and I'd be damned if I was going to pay an additional $100 for a couple more features. $300 I can do though :)

Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:11 am
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

So I talked to DirectTV...

Initially I was told I wasn't setup for a 'deal' because I already had service at my old apartment (I was forced to as part of the rent).

But then I thought, 'why not signup under my wifes name?'

So basically here is how it breaks down...

For new DTV customers I will get... IN ALASKA

HD DVR= Free
Installation= Free
NFL Sunday Ticket= 34.99 x 5 (one payment each month, 174 for the Season)
HD= Free (if on Automatic payments)
Total is something like 67 a month

SWEEEEEEEEEEET!

Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:26 pm
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]