Re: Dolphins debut at #11 on ESPN power rankings
Might be rated a little too high considering...
1. We don't know how Henne will perform... we assume he can only get better with better weapons... but perhaps he get's too confident and does a nose dive?? Not likely, but you never know with a young guy like him.
2. Is Ronnie Brown ready to go? This is vital to our success this year.
3. Has the secondary improved or gotten worse? Good question, I guess a lot depends on how our youngsters are doing...
4. Linebacker. The outside is looking real questionable right now... while the inside is at the very least half solid.
5. New Defensive Scheme. I love Mike Nolans defenses... but will our players buy into it?
Again, we're all thinking of these things in a positive light, as we probably should be as optimistic fans... but any one of these things going wrong could pretty much kill our season. I'm sure there are a load of other variables in our success as well... but these are the things that came to mind.
That's a lot of question marks for a ranked 11th team.
Yes, you're probably right, but I'm very confident in this offense. Should have no problem moving the football up and down the field. In the past, this team gets inside the 30 and more or less stalls unless they are able to get inside the 10 and then they would just pound it in.
No more. Miami has Brandon Marshall now, and he can score from anywhere on the field, but more importantly, he is the best jump ball receiver out there. The offense goes from good to elite.
The questions on the defensive side of the ball, however, are more pressing and don't necessarily translate to an 11 ranking. I think most analysts gloss over it because Nolan is the coordinator.