View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:24 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Davis And Smith Laughing Their Way Past A Sophomore Jinx 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Davis And Smith Laughing Their Way Past A Sophomore Jinx
Quote:
There they were, no longer rookies but laughing and whooping it up down the right sideline together after turning a slightly off-target pass by Chad Henne into a touchdown in the other direction.

Cornerbacks Vontae Davis and Sean Smith used that early play during last week’s final OTA session open to the media to rekindle the excitement both of them brought to the Miami Dolphins last season, their first at the National Football League level. The duo combined or 25 starts, with Smith’s 16 the most in franchise history, and when they started opposite each other at the New York Jets on November 1st, 2009, it marked the first time ever two rookies started at cornerback in the same game for Miami.

Since so much was thrown at the two young cornerbacks last season, they naturally gravitated to each other in the meeting rooms, on the practice field and even away from the facility and off the field.

“Last year was tough. We were thrown right into the fire early and were getting action early due to a couple injuries and a few releases,” Smith said. “But it was good for us. We took our share of lumps, but week in and week out we got better, we talked to each other and helped each other through it, because it was definitely a long season. I think having my right-hand man here definitely got me through it.”

“Just us bonding together and coming in at the same time, we each knew what we were going through,” said Davis, who at 5-11, 203 is more compact than Smith. “At the same time we just learned from each other and if we want to be the players we are now we had to go through the situations we went through.”

Now opposing quarterbacks and receivers are going to have to be extra wary of Davis and Smith.

http://www.miamidolphins.com/news/davis ... omore-jinx

Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:10 am
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Post Re: Davis And Smith Laughing Their Way Past A Sophomore Jinx
Good to see that they know they have some things to work on from last year. The game should slow down more for them this season. Keeping my fingers crossed no Jinx no Jinx. But we might have to worry about the rookie wall that are draft picks might hit.

Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:00 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]