View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:46 pm

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
 Lousaka Polite - MR. AUTOMATIC 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Post Lousaka Polite - MR. AUTOMATIC
Finheaven's Roberto Yanes wrote:
I personally feel not one full back had a better year than Polite did last year. So, I contacted Profootballfocus.com for their opinion and it appears I am not alone in how I feel about Polite’s style of play last year. Check out below what Ben Stockwell of Profootballfocus.com had to say about the Dolphins’ personal wrecking ball, Lousaka Polite:

"Polite was a PFF.com 1st team All-Pro this season, such was the level of his play. What really stands out is how different his level was in '09 from almost all other fullbacks in the league.

He comes out and physically imposes himself on linebackers where currently most fullbacks either can't or don't. His consistency on 3rd downs is helped by a strong o-line (though his consistency is impressive in itself) but it is work as a lead blocker that stands out from the crowd, he fires in there and physically dominates his assignment. His blocking performance wasn't limited to run-blocking either, as he surrendered only 1 sack (no hit, no pressure) on 72 pass blocks."

http://www.finheaven.com/commentary/41- ... commentary

Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:34 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

Post Re: Lousaka Polite - MR. AUTOMATIC
The only problem with mr Polite, is that getting Ricky and Ronnie on the field together usually means that Polite has to come off. Its really a great situation to be in..... 3 All Pro's in the backfield and a very elusive, sneaky little Pat Cobbs in the mix too..... Regardless of roles, Miami may have the BEST backfield in the NFL considering Ricky, Ronnie, Lousaka, Pat Cobbs, and Hilliard (who may be a star but wont get much of an opportunity to shine in a crowded backfield).

How the 4 of them get on the field this year is a predicament that Im happy I do not have, and Im also happy we have Henning to figure this out. It's not far fetched that we have one of the top offenses in the NFL this year.
Solid #1 WR
Solid slot receiver
2 above average #2 receivers
2 All Pro RBs
1 Pro Bowl FB
1 phenomenal scat back
a Top 5 OL

the only question marks are our "average" TE corps, which is understating what I personnally think they are worth, and a "young" QB, who has all the tools to be a Top 10 QB..... on paper, Miami's O should put up 25 pts per game easily.

Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:00 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I wouldn't call Patrick Cobbs a scat back.

Reggie Bush, is a scat back. Darren Sproles, Leon Washington, Joe McKnight, maybe even Jamaal Charles (although I think that's an injustice). But not Pat Cobbs. He's a 3rd down back. Might compare him to Kevin Faulk if anybody.

Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:12 am
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

because you call Reggie bush a scat back, is exactly why I would call Cobbs a scat back. yea he is bigger and slower than most scat backs but he performs the same function. he is like a RB/WR and dont try and pretend that he isnt used that way. In the WC he is lined up as a slot receiver and has caught passes as such, so its not just a decoy. Just because he isnt taking motion screens I would beg to differ, because of his versatility and usefulness, You dont know what his role is going to be when he is lined up anywhere other than as a tailback, and truthfully, thats more than 50% of the time. so yes, I would call him a scat back

Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:16 pm
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

I love me some Lousaka Polite........ :awe:

Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:44 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Right now, Big Lou is the best Ireland FA pickup, DBess would be #2 and Cam Wake #3.

Irish probably/possibly butchered the 09 draft outside of Smith and Davis, but finding gems like those, and Haynos and Culver is something we haven't had in Miami.

Talent that plays at a high level, that did not cost a huge FA contract or a draft pick?

Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:27 pm
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

Are we forgetting Randy Starks and Chad Pennington? I think those guys would certainly be considered very good FA signings as well.

Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:04 pm
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

how bout Rutgers alum Nate Jones.... he was a great mid tier pickup as a nickelback for 2 years

Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:57 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

phinsfansc wrote:
Are we forgetting Randy Starks and Chad Pennington? I think those guys would certainly be considered very good FA signings as well.

There is a difference between those two, and Polite and Wake and Bess, they were never drafted, in fact they were walking the street as unproven or discarded NFLers that Ireland just signed out of nowhere.

Recall in 09 all the doubters about Wake coming in to play directly from the CFL? Last yr at least half of dolphins fans didn't think the man could make the jump to the NFL as the "CFL is an inferior league"?

Polite has been in Miami since 08, yet only now he is being recognized, and DBess was totally undrafted, and had to beat out Ernest Wilford and Brandon London to earn a roster spot, in 09 he played ahead of Pat Turner as well.

Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:35 pm
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

I would agree, Bess, Wake and Polite are the best "gems" found by this FO..... Starks and especially Penny were "Steals"......Fergs, Nate Jones, and the rest of the ex Cowboys were "gifts"..... big difference all around. Given Polite's circumstance, I would give him the nod for best FA acquisition, because he had a chance, and well he didnt blow it, but he was given up on...... and now look at him.

Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:45 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

SkyHigh314 wrote:
because you call Reggie bush a scat back, is exactly why I would call Cobbs a scat back. yea he is bigger and slower than most scat backs but he performs the same function. he is like a RB/WR and dont try and pretend that he isnt used that way. In the WC he is lined up as a slot receiver and has caught passes as such, so its not just a decoy. Just because he isnt taking motion screens I would beg to differ, because of his versatility and usefulness, You dont know what his role is going to be when he is lined up anywhere other than as a tailback, and truthfully, thats more than 50% of the time. so yes, I would call him a scat back

Um...I don't have to know his "role" in order to know he's not a scat back. A RB that is lined up at as a receiver, and suddenly he's a scat back? Try this link to understand what a scat back is.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/scatback

Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:42 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Do we really even have to talk about our back-field? Or is this a feel-good thread? I think we all know we gots the goods. Autopolite is the #1 FB in my book. 99% 3rd down conversions or something to that affect. Need I say more?

Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:22 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Ski_Money wrote:
99% 3rd down conversions or something to that affect. Need I say more?

Even if he never touched the football, the man is an offensive lineman with the feet of a running back. He blows up linebackers like nobody's business.

Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:15 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Quote:
Autopolite is the #1 FB in my book

I rest

Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:31 am
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]