View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:17 am

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Miami Dolphins: Vontae Davis Unfiltered 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Miami Dolphins: Vontae Davis Unfiltered
Quote:
Miami Dolphins rookie cornerback Vontae Davis taught me a valuable lesson about the draft process.

Don't judge a book strictly by it's reviews.

As you'll remember, during the draft process Davis' name was accompanied by plenty of rumors, speculation, and bad baggage that raised red flags.

But once I got to interact with Davis ........

http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports_fo ... l+Blogs%29

Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:06 pm
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

Post Re: Miami Dolphins: Vontae Davis Unfiltered
Nice piece by Omar on a guy he thought Miami should not draft. I remember when we had Omar on the radio show and all you heard was the negative about Vontae. The one thing that concerned me was the benching by Ron Zook due to supposedly not playing hard and Zook spoke up for the kid in that situation.

The only thing Vontae every did for the most part that bristle some people the wrong way was being cocky and having a swagger about himself. That should never make you a bad person.

Miami has got themselves a physical, talented, aggressive young CB, and he and Sean Smith will only get better.

Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:47 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

phinsfansc wrote:
Nice piece by Omar on a guy he thought Miami should not draft. I remember when we had Omar on the radio show and all you heard was the negative about Vontae. The one thing that concerned me was the benching by Ron Zook due to supposedly not playing hard and Zook spoke up for the kid in that situation.

The only thing Vontae every did for the most part that bristle some people the wrong way was being cocky and having a swagger about himself. That should never make you a bad person.

Miami has got themselves a physical, talented, aggressive young CB, and he and Sean Smith will only get better.

A swagger in a corner is great. A swagger in a receiver can become a problem.

Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:06 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

Davis picked off Brady twice this last season. I'm very please with the selection.

Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:20 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

AQNOR wrote:
Quote:
Miami Dolphins rookie cornerback Vontae Davis taught me a valuable lesson about the draft process.

Don't judge a book strictly by it's reviews.

As you'll remember, during the draft process Davis' name was accompanied by plenty of rumors, speculation, and bad baggage that raised red flags.

But once I got to interact with Davis ........

http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports_fo ... l+Blogs%29

A very good piece by Omar.......and I like the fact that he started it off with a public apology for his incorrect assessment of the kind of person Vontae is.

Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:20 am
Phinfever Global Moderator

Iowafin wrote:
Davis picked off Brady twice this last season. I'm very please with the selection.

Fixed your post, iowa. To post a youtube video, just put all the numbers/letters after the "v=" in the link.

I agree. Picking off Moss....no, out-jumping Moss twice in one season for the INT...IDK if anybody has done that in an entire career. Also, in that second game, catching as many passes as Moss did.....ridiculous. I love Vontae, I think he has a chance to be the next Charles Woodson.

Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:22 am
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

I agree V.Davis has amazing upside. and i am very happy with the pick sean smith too but he has a weakness that was not exposed as much as it could of been .

Any one eles know what it is ?

A. Deep ball
B. In Route
C. Tackleing
D. Zone Coverage

Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:57 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Phins Rock wrote:
Iowafin wrote:

Fixed your post, iowa. To post a youtube video, just put all the numbers/letters after the "v=" in the link.

I agree. Picking off Moss....no, out-jumping Moss twice in one season for the INT...IDK if anybody has done that in an entire career. Also, in that second game, catching as many passes as Moss did.....ridiculous. I love Vontae, I think he has a chance to be the next Charles Woodson.

Lol, there you are throwing more names out there. Thanks for fixing that though, I wasn't sure what I was doing wrong.

Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:04 pm

Big Lu wrote:
I agree V.Davis has amazing upside. and i am very happy with the pick sean smith too but he has a weakness that was not exposed as much as it could of been .

Any one eles know what it is ?

A. Deep ball
B. In Route
C. Tackleing
D. Zone Coverage

Sean Smith's tackling ability isn't terrible, but it does need to be improved. I think people look at the way Will Allen tackles, and obviously the way Vontae tackles, and they are looking for the same type of things from SS, but that just is not part of his game.

As long as he is not allowing tons of YAC because of missed tackles, I'm fine. I don't need Smith to be hammering guys and forcing fumbles the way Vontae does.

Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:07 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

Vongelina is going to be a star. Anyone with lips like that is going to be a star somewhere. Sean Smith doesn't have exactly what Vontae talked about in that video...the ability to put a bad play behind you. He seems to sulk a little when he gets toasted. When that kid puts on 20lbs of muscle he is going to be super. Vontae started slow but really showed why they drafted him number 1. Miami is set with Will coming back. If they can add a FS that entire area might be a strength.

Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:18 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

CBs get better every year too. Rookie year is always the worst lol. I'm gitty.

Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:10 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]