View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:39 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Al Groh could be interested in Dolphins’ opening, 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Al Groh could be interested in Dolphins’ opening,
Quote:
by Edgar Thompson
Friends and coaching peers since the 1960s, Al Groh and Bill Parcells talk all the time.

But Groh claims Parcells has yet to reach out to him about becoming the Miami Dolphins next defensive coordinator, replacing Paul Pasqualoni, who was fired Monday.

“I just actually found out about this 30 minutes ago,” Groh told The Palm Beach Post tonight.

But Groh said it’s not difficult for anyone to “put 2 and 2 together” and see Groh and Parcells together for a sixth time.

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports Groh is close to becoming the new defensive coordinator at Georgia Tech. Groh recently was fired after nine seasons as head coach at his alma mater, the University of Virginia.

Groh’s interest in Georgia Tech could have played a part in the timing of Pasqualoni’s departure on Monday.

http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/thedaily ... premature/

Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:32 am
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Post Re: Al Groh could be interested in Dolphins’ opening,
I was just looking at some past statistics and New England was never a top 10 defense when Al Groh was their DC (9193-1996). Are there any other options out there for us or do you think Parcells will reach out to one of his old cronies (Groh)

Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:01 am
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

Battle wrote:
I was just looking at some past statistics and New England was never a top 10 defense when Al Groh was their DC (9193-1996). Are there any other options out there for us or do you think Parcells will reach out to one of his old cronies (Groh)

Top 10 at what? Yards allowed? Points scored? Stopping the run? Causing turnover?

Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:05 am
Phinfever Global Moderator

Battle wrote:

What do you expect? They had to play Dan Marino twice a year;p.

Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:39 am
2011 NFL Survival Champ
2011 NFL Survival Champ

i would rather have romeo crennel as imo his defenses run a lil more aggressive then groh's but from what i hear that aint happening

Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:23 pm
Phinfever Newbie
Phinfever Newbie

Not sure about Groh, but I have heard rumblings about Crennel. Do we have a shot at him and do you think he would be a good fit for the Phins?

Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:22 pm

Bondesque wrote:
Not sure about Groh, but I have heard rumblings about Crennel. Do we have a shot at him and do you think he would be a good fit for the Phins?

He'd be a great fit here, but he is in negotiations with KC....Bill Parcells isn't going to short change his son-in-law Pioli.

Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:42 pm
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Rotoworld wrote:
Former University of Virginia head coach Al Groh says he would "love" to coach on the Dolphins' staff in 2010.

"I've done it five times," Groh said of working with Fins VP of football operations Bill Parcells. "Some people would say that I'm nuts. Some people would say that I'm fortunate." Groh hinted that he has other offers on the table, and has been linked to the defensive coordinator vacancy at Georgia Tech.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/player ... _teams=MIA

Download the Free Phinfever Browser Toolbar

Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:03 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

I am not only a lifelong Dolphin fan, but I'm a UVa fan as well. Groh had some good and some bad years at UVa. What he was very good at, for the most part, was creating awesome LB's. The defense was normally the strongest part of the team and he was the unquestioned leader of the defense.

I think he would fit nicely and I think he would be a solidifying force for the team as a whole. Over all, he is a very good man.

Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:27 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]