View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:09 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Backbreaker 
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

Post Backbreaker

I picked this up as I always thought Madden taking away any competition in football gaming was f'ed up. The gameplay is interesting for sure! It's way different than madden, and feels much smoother when controlling your players.

It takes a "left stick to move", "right stick to look around" approach which once you get used to allows for you to really take control of your players and control the field.

Better yet, your defensive players will make a move for the interception automatically if you're in position... no need to worry about timing a button correctly, just be in the right place at the right time.

It's not super easy though... I've yet to get anything decent going on the ground, and getting used to using the right joystick to pass becomes quite the hassle... especially with a crappy QB!!!

I'm playing the Road to Backbreaker or something like that, right now, and you start off with a really crappy team and have to work your way up... its frustrating, but fun! You earn CR's or credits and you can buy better players. Right now I have 3700 credits after 2 games, trying to save up 14000 to buy this Gold Star QB Prospect with 100/100 Focus!

It's definitely worth a look and could be a strong competitor for Madden, especially with all the customization features which allow users to recreate NFL uniforms... plus you can change your players on a whim... if someone takes the time to recreate all 32 NFL teams and upload it to Xbox Live... this game could be a legit competitor to the Madden series!

Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:27 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Post Re: Backbreaker
I've heard that the camera angles are terrible, but other than that it's superior to Madden. I'm going to download the demo tonight and try it out. I've never been much of an arcade-like-game gamer, and it appears to be an arcade-type game.

How is the player rating system? I've heard it was a weird 5-star rating system.

Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:41 pm

No 5 star rating system that I've seen... it breaks down each player into 4 or 5 characteristics... just no overall score. You have to choose your players based on the style you want to play.

It doesn't feel that arcade like to me... feels like NFL Fever a bit if you were around for that on the original Xbox... the Camera angles are all based on the player, well on defense. On offense you can use your "focus" to see who you're throwing it to... its not too bad. More of a 1st person feel than anything

Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:26 pm
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

a couple of ronnie brown back breaker highlights of mine.:runwiththeball:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sBjHbyM9_0

and a catch from bess http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C41uEsSWTec

Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:28 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]