Phinfever.com

Catch the madness!

All times are UTC-05:00


Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ




Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Madden 11
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:39 am 
Offline
2016 MODERATOR
2016 MODERATOR

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7530
Location: Massachusetts
Has anybody downloaded the demo? (Think it came out Monday?). I can't download it from where I am and only get back after the game is released, so, I want to make sure the game is worth 60$.

I've heard the game play is crappy as usual...For anybody whose downloaded it, how is it?


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Madden 11
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:26 am 
Offline
2016 MODERATOR
2016 MODERATOR

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:24 am
Posts: 4104
Phins Rock wrote:
Has anybody downloaded the demo? (Think it came out Monday?). I can't download it from where I am and only get back after the game is released, so, I want to make sure the game is worth 60$.

I've heard the game play is crappy as usual...For anybody whose downloaded it, how is it?


If it's anything like NCAA11... which I think it's supposed to be very similar... its actually a whole new gameplay style of sorts... a lot of fun, a lot more control when it comes to running with the ball.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Madden 11
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:50 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:09 am
Posts: 774
Location: Fort Lauderdale
I downloaded and played it lastnight. Much to my surprise, rather than playing the Saints vs. Colts Superbowl rematch, it was actually the Colts vs. Jets. The game is played in, get this, "Jets Stadium." Why are the Jets featured rather than the team that is actually on the cover of the game, and why are they calling the Meadowlands "Jets Stadium"?

Other than obvious love affair between the NFL and NY, the game is pretty solid. I love the new Gameflow feature, which allows you to create a game plan pre game to target the opponents weaknesses. You have the option of allowing coordinators to call the plays for you or you select your own. When the coordinator calls the play, its as if he is talking into your helmet mic and tells you what to look for and offers little tips. The one thing I noticed is that defensive pre snap audibles take a little longer than on older versions, and the offense usually snaps the ball too quick to make adjustments. I'll probably get used to that and adjust, but I only played one half. It was fun torching Revis for 48 yards with Reggie Wayne.

_________________
Image


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Madden 11
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:56 am 
Offline
2016 MODERATOR
2016 MODERATOR

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:24 am
Posts: 4104
PR I finally got a chance to play the demo and I must say... it's the most fun I've had playing a Madden game in a long time... the new features are AMAZING.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Madden 11
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:07 pm 
Offline
2016 MODERATOR
2016 MODERATOR

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7530
Location: Massachusetts
IamPZ wrote:
PR I finally got a chance to play the demo and I must say... it's the most fun I've had playing a Madden game in a long time... the new features are AMAZING.

Thanks PZ and Joe!
I've heard good things from critics. Is the new way players move tough to get used to?


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Madden 11
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:22 pm 
Offline
2016 MODERATOR
2016 MODERATOR

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:24 am
Posts: 4104
Phins Rock wrote:
IamPZ wrote:
PR I finally got a chance to play the demo and I must say... it's the most fun I've had playing a Madden game in a long time... the new features are AMAZING.

Thanks PZ and Joe!
I've heard good things from critics. Is the new way players move tough to get used to?


When you first start its a little strange, but you'll quickly get the hang of it.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Madden 11
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:25 am 
Offline
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:02 pm
Posts: 46
2 words...Gus Johnson!

_________________
Image


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Madden 11
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:38 am 
Offline
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:40 am
Posts: 34
Phins Rock wrote:
Has anybody downloaded the demo? (Think it came out Monday?). I can't download it from where I am and only get back after the game is released, so, I want to make sure the game is worth 60$.

I've heard the game play is crappy as usual...For anybody whose downloaded it, how is it?

Sorry, it is a stranger to me :pumpiron:


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Madden 11
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:16 am 
Offline
2016 MODERATOR
2016 MODERATOR

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7530
Location: Massachusetts
Well, I got the game and I have to say it's awesome. Kick returning and no gang tackling still sucks, but the passing game is MUCH improved.

Also, how much of a beast is Brandon Marshall?? Fades inside the 5 are automatic.....

Also, the run game is pretty easy with Ronnie. I have a hard time running the ball with Ricky though for some reason. With Ronnie I consistently get 6-7 behind Jake Long.

Who are you all starting on the O-line? I go with Long, Berger, Grove, Incognito, Carey. On goal-line I put Donald Thomas and John Jerry as my 2 guards. Nate Garner is the first guy I put in, guard, center or tackle, if someone is tired.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Madden 11
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:52 am 
Offline
2016 MODERATOR
2016 MODERATOR

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:24 am
Posts: 4104
Phins Rock wrote:
Well, I got the game and I have to say it's awesome. Kick returning and no gang tackling still sucks, but the passing game is MUCH improved.

Also, how much of a beast is Brandon Marshall?? Fades inside the 5 are automatic.....

Also, the run game is pretty easy with Ronnie. I have a hard time running the ball with Ricky though for some reason. With Ronnie I consistently get 6-7 behind Jake Long.

Who are you all starting on the O-line? I go with Long, Berger, Grove, Incognito, Carey. On goal-line I put Donald Thomas and John Jerry as my 2 guards. Nate Garner is the first guy I put in, guard, center or tackle, if someone is tired.


I'm still working on tweaking the O-line... I can't seem to find a RG that can actually pull and block on the Power-O plays. I had Jerry in there, but he was a disaster. So I put Incognito in and he doesn't even attempt to block on any plays where he actually has to move... so right now I'm trying out an O-line of Long, Thomas, Grove, Garner, Carey


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Madden 11
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:06 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:39 pm
Posts: 149
They make Sparano look bigger than Rex in this game.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Madden 11
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:41 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:13 pm
Posts: 466
Location: Almost Heaven
How do you create your own player in Madden 11?


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 

All times are UTC-05:00


Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited | Chopped and modified by Coots | Original design by Prosk8r