View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:21 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Brandon Marshall cares. That’s a bad thing? 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Brandon Marshall cares. That’s a bad thing?
Quote:
Brandon Marshall has two different track records.

He has one track record on the field. He has great hands. He makes plays. He catches 100 passes per season, even when he misses a game here or there to suspension, and even if he doesn’t play with an elite quarterback.

But, in my view, kicking a football out of frustration — after dropping another pass — is not petulant behavior. Marshall wasn’t lashing out at someone else, like when he did something similar in Denver, to express unhappiness with his contract. He was lashing out at himself. It was like a pitcher who throws a glove at the cooler in the clubhouse.

Again, Marshall’s behavior bears watching. You don’t want him becoming a disruptive, destructive force.

But this act doesn’t come close.

He cares? He wants to get better?

Good.

http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports_se ... l+Blogs%29

Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:24 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Re: Brandon Marshall cares. That’s a bad thing?
Quote:
Yeah, this Brandon Marshall punting thing is getting ridiculous
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on August 17, 2010 11:42 AM ET
MDS mentioned earlier that Brandon Marshall got in a little punting practice on Monday, reminding some folks of his last days in Denver. A silly little story, but something to keep an eye on just in case Marshall's honeymoon phase ends quickly.

On Tuesday, perhaps unhappy with the attention, Marshall performed an encore.

Omar Kelly of the South Florida Sun-Sentinel noted that Marshall dropped his first pass of the morning, then caught a touchdown on his second pass. And then he punted the ball again. We'll defer to Kelly for his interpretation:

"It was a statement for us [the media]," Kelly wrote.

And that statement was, apparently: I'll do whatever I darn please and punt when I want to punt. So shut up, already.

Kelly also notes that Marshall took snaps with the first and second team units on Tuesday, probably looking to get more work after his recent spate of drops.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... ?related=1

Makes me wonder if this reporter got his feelings hurt or something of the kind?

Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:35 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Quote:
by Ben Volin
So Brandon Marshall has been upset at himself in recent days, for his lackluster play in the team’s opening scrimmage two weeks ago and his two drops against Tampa Bay in Saturday’s preseason opener.

Marshall’s emotions spilled over Monday, when he punted the ball out of the practice field after dropping a touchdown. Tuesday, Marshall had a little fun with the media, punting the ball again, this time after catching a touchdown.

Dolphins head coach Tony Sparano was asked after Tuesday morning’s practice how he feels about Marshall, whose emotions led to a messy divorce with Denver, showing his emotions and punting the football. Sparano claimed to not know anything about Monday’s punting incident.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about. I have no idea,” Sparano said.

Sparano was then told that Marshall specifically punted the ball Monday out of frustration.

“I didn’t see it, but I got bigger fish to fry than to worry about that,” Sparano said. “If he drops them and he gets pissed off at himself about dropping them, I’m OK with that.”

http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/thedaily ... te-garner/

Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:50 pm
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Pete Prisco has a different opinion of him.

Pete Prisco wrote:
I have to admit when I met Marshall at the Pro Bowl last February, I thought he would be rough around the edges, that his no-talk act during that week was another case of a diva receiver who was every bit as surly as his reputation.

What I found was a smart, engaging man who wasn't anything like the reputation.

I actually like the guy. There, I said it. I'm not saying I condone anything he has done, but sitting down and talking with him is enjoyable -- even if I had to admit to him that I was wrong on the prediction I made to him last February that he wouldn't be traded and also get paid.

He got both of his wishes.

Battered and beaten for his misdeeds, Marshall is now trying to repair his image. In a 20-minute sit down at the Dolphins facility this week, he was candid, opinionated, remorseful and mature.

It's hard to believe this is the same guy who earned the label knucklehead in Denver.

"We all make our mistakes," Marshall said. "It's about how you react and get back up. Unfortunately, we play a sport where we're supposed to react before we think. Some of those things hurt me off the field. Instead of sometimes sitting back and thinking, I was reacting. That's what makes me good on the field. Unfortunately, it hurt me in the past a few times off it."

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/1375 ... weet-catch

Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:55 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

It all comes down to the type of player he is & how long he sticks around. When we signed Joey Porter we all could care less about the baggage & welcomed that "tougher no BS" attitude he brought to the table. But in the end when he wanted out & became a major pain we all had had enough of that attitude. Same will hold true with Marshall.

Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:46 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

FINesse wrote:
It all comes down to the type of player he is & how long he sticks around. When we signed Joey Porter we all could care less about the baggage & welcomed that "tougher no BS" attitude he brought to the table. But in the end when he wanted out & became a major pain we all had had enough of that attitude. Same will hold true with Marshall.

I know JP and Marshall seem similar...I have just always had the feeling that Marshall has meant well. He really is a big kid, and is in need of some guidance...and I think when given that guidance and stability he can be a good guy. I don't think necessarily the same for Porter.

When you think of "trouble-makers" or what have you, the list is probably
Randy Moss, Terrell Owens, Chad Johnson, Joey Porter, Brandon Marshall, Steve Smith, etc.

But guys like Johnson, Marshall, and Smith, I believe, are just big kids. They want to do the right thing, they just don't always do it.

Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:50 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Moss has been on his best behavior lately. N.E. fixed him I guess.

Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:38 pm
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

AQNOR wrote:
Quote:

He has one track record on the field. He has great hands. He makes plays. He catches 100 passes per season, even when he misses a game here or there to suspension, and even if he doesn’t play with an elite quarterback.

But, in my view, kicking a football out of frustration — after dropping another pass — is not petulant behavior. Marshall wasn’t lashing out at someone else, like when he did something similar in Denver, to express unhappiness with his contract. He was lashing out at himself. It was like a pitcher who throws a glove at the cooler in the clubhouse.

Again, Marshall’s behavior bears watching. You don’t want him becoming a disruptive, destructive force.

Good.

It is not the end, Come on, man

Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:17 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Mickey wrote:
AQNOR wrote:
Quote:

Good.

It is not the end, Come on, man

?

Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:27 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]