Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: putting my money on NE
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:35 am 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

It's only fitting. Football for me in 2017 has gone completely against everything I root for. First of course, the year started with the Patriots incredible comeback in the SB. Surreal, that's what it was. That game had me turning off the TVs and asking everyone I had over for the game to leave. Then, the Dolphins sucked big time again and show little hope (for me) of turning it around soon. Third, my UM was a big disappointment in the college "post season", getting blown out three games in a row and showing that they didn't really belong as they had led me to believe. Four? Well, it's this little problem I have with Nick Saban. See, I detested that little man, from the time he strung along Wayne Huizenga when the Fins owner was chasing Saban all over the place that Christmas season to return to the NFL and coach the Fins to his famed "lie" departure, and now of course, several years later multiple college championships, the latest one last night, an incredible let down for me. How does that man do it?? I am convinced he, along with Bill Bellichick, have sold their souls to the devil. He throws in there to start the second half, a freshman QB, with no experience whatsoever, in the biggest game of the college season, and the kid performs like some Heisman candidate??

So, what's left? Even though the calendar shows it's 2018 nothing else but NE winning the SB again of course.

I should start following Lacrosse.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:50 am 
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

NE seems vulnerable.
Time to get over Saban. I think the real lesson there is that if you really have to coax and beg and twist someones arm to take a job than their really not 100% into it and its best to move on.
The Dolphins will have double digit wins next season.
Hold off on the lacrosse thing (for now)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:27 pm 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

I'm pulling for the Steelers .... which is a bad omen for them. Maybe the Saints in the NFC.

Follow me on Twitter - David Blake@phinfever

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:26 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Big Dave wrote:
I'm pulling for the Steelers .... which is a bad omen for them. Maybe the Saints in the NFC.

I'm with you Big Dave. I want the cheaters and Steelers in the AFC championship game.
Karma is with the Steelers, although the cheaters will have Satan on their side.
:angry:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:55 pm 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

boys, boys, it'a my destiny, to suffer at the hands of the anti-perfection NFL Gods, those early '70s Dolphins, that pounded the AFC East...I'm still paying for that.......and after Tricky Nicky pulled that miracle of his last night?

No, no, no....you can book it. It's NE.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:07 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

carreramia wrote:
boys, boys, it'a my destiny, to suffer at the hands of the anti-perfection NFL Gods, those early '70s Dolphins, that pounded the AFC East...I'm still paying for that.......and after Tricky Nicky pulled that miracle of his last night?

No, no, no....you can book it. It's NE.

Never. Ever. Bet on emotions and superstition.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:35 am 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

I'm not a betting man, learned my lesson on that way back when I was young, that it hurt me to throw money away on a bet...so I don't gamble......this that I'm talking about is "betting" in the figurative sense...IF, IF I were a betting man, oh yeah, I would bet NE. They'll find a way....

Oh and how sweet it would be if I am wrong.....

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:32 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I stopped betting on Miami (or betting against) after they cost me a 7 game, $20 parlay with a $2,300 payout. I nailed every other game and picked GB with the -3.5 at Miami a couple years back. They won by 3...missed out on the other 6 games and 2.3k because the Fins let up half a point.

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ]