Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 Post subject: Suh was....
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:50 am 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Released. At least it sounds like it.

"The plan is for Ndamukong Suh to be released as early as today as the Dolphins continue their attempt at a culture change – a plan that has purged arguably Miami’s three most talented players within last year. A lot riding on 2018."

-Jeff Darlington

https://mobile.twitter.com/JeffDarlington/status/973204082713382912

Post subject: Re: Suh was....
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:53 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Quote:
Field Yates‏Verified account @FieldYates 6s6 seconds ago
Field Yates Retweeted Jeff Darlington

If Miami releases Suh with a post-June 1 designation (can't happen until Wednesday), it would create $17M in cap space for 2018, with a $9.1M dead money charge for 2018 and $13.1M in 2019. If Suh is straight up released, it would create $3.9M in cap space, saving $17M in cash.

Quote:
Barry Jackson‏Verified account @flasportsbuzz
J. Darlington says Suh will be cut. When I reported last wk it was being considered,1 reason team cited to people:salary exceeded production

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:56 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Quote:
CK‏ @ckparrot 6m6 minutes ago
Once Dolphins made it through the first three years of Suh’s contract, they could view his remaining years as a series of one year deals. Miami has apparently said no to giving the 31 year old All Pro a one year, $17 million contract.

CK‏ @ckparrot 4m4 minutes ago
What would be a mistake IMO would be to view the Suh development as a sign Miami is planning something huge. They tend to be a splashy team under Mike Tannenbaum, but they needed to free up the cash commitments to Suh and Landry just to get back in line with longer term budgeting

CK‏ @ckparrot 3m3 minutes ago
People worry way too much about salary cap accounting, which is a maze of accounting accruals. Cash is the most important thing. Miami has spent $20 million more cash over the last 3 years than the NFL has given them in budgets. That catches up with you.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:58 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Apparently he isn’t willing to restructure....Are teams still going to offer him the type of salary he has now?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:28 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

AFCMiamiEast wrote:
Apparently he isn’t willing to restructure....Are teams still going to offer him the type of salary he has now?

He can pick where he goes, take what he wants etc.. He has paychecks coming from us to supplement...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:18 pm 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Albert Breer saying Miami will listen to trade offers between now and Wednesday but it sound like it will have to be a 1st or 2nd Round pick. Would create a $22 million dollar cap hit.

Post subject: Re: RE: Re: Suh was....
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:44 pm 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Wednesdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Wednesdays

jammer wrote:
Albert Breer saying Miami will listen to trade offers between now and Wednesday but it sound like it will have to be a 1st or 2nd Round pick. Would create a $22 million dollar cap hit.
I'll be shocked if that happens.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:28 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Change of culture? Ha
Yes, we get rid of what little talent we have. That’s how we change culture!

Honestly I’m not too upset with losing Suh as I felt he disappeared in many games and it didn’t feel like we really were ever able to consistently take advantage of the double teams. At points last year teams actually exploited him by going right at him. He is one of the best, just not worth the price tag when there are so many other holes on this team. Losing Landry for the peanuts we got in return is inexcusable though. That’s the one that really hurts. He produced consistently which is more than I can say for Parker.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:44 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

jammer wrote:

Am I wrong to want Miami to just take the full hit this yr and be done with it. Accounting for 13 million for a player starting Yr. 2 away from your team is just not right for myself.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:14 pm 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Phin wrote:
Change of culture? Ha
Yes, we get rid of what little talent we have. That’s how we change culture!

Honestly I’m not too upset with losing Suh as I felt he disappeared in many games and it didn’t feel like we really were ever able to consistently take advantage of the double teams. At points last year teams actually exploited him by going right at him. He is one of the best, just not worth the price tag when there are so many other holes on this team. Losing Landry for the peanuts we got in return is inexcusable though. That’s the one that really hurts. He produced consistently which is more than I can say for Parker.

After reading the beat writers and a few inside sources, the culture change has to do more with football focus and less personal brand. Omar Kelly admitted as much today, even though he agrees with guys being more mercenary. There isn't a right or wrong answer here. Sounds like Landry was another one who cared more about self promotion than the program. That doesn't mean he didn't try hard or want to win, but it was made clear he did it his own way rather than what was asked of him...

Gase wants guys who buy his system. Maybe he's Chip Kelly 2.0 or maybe he's the next multi Super Bowl winning coach. We won't know for a couple of years. But I think there is a lot more in the drama department going on behind the scenes than we know about. I'm not that upset about the moves being made, but I hope there is an overall plan.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:48 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

jammer wrote:
We won't know for a couple of years..
Why do I have the feeling in a couple of yrs we will be right here in the same position? Oh, because its Miami and they have trolled at avg for the past 25 yrs.

Everyone upset Miami is getting rid of Landry, Suh. Remember this. They were 6-10 with both of them playing. The worse they can do is lose 6 more games in 2018, than they did in 2017. So there is a bright side.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:54 am 
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

I'm curious how this owner of ours is reacting to all this. Day in and day out the media correctly points out all the mistakes made. Dozens of websites, social media, message boards rehash it all over again, 24x7, and yet none of that matters if this owner doesn't understand what's going on. He has been told to dish out millions for players that were necessary to win. He has and they haven't. He was told to hire this coach who would make a difference and he hasn't. When does he stop the merry go 'round, bangs his shoe on the desk and shouts: "I'm mad as hell and I won't take this anymore!!"?

So more important than how much cap room we have, who are we drafting, signing, cutting and all the zillion of permutations and conclusions each of those actions generate, the important issue remains how in the world are Tennenbum and co., able to continue to window dress this disaster without it pointing right back at them? They gotta be some kind of slick snake oil salesmen to pull that off and still remain on the payroll for no matter what they do with cap room and draft picks we know they are going to screw it up, over and over again.

I recall way back when Shula couldn't win critics starting calling him the Teflon Don, for none of the problems stuck to him, it was always someone else.

I see the same thing today.

Nothing has changed. Everything has changed.

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ]