Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ] 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:43 pm 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

Saw this on FB

Quote:
Barry Jackson of the Miami Hearld reports that Chad Henne is indeed in the mix for Dolphins, as potential veteran backup.

If true, then prime example of why Miami blows. Again going after a below avg backup because they are soooooooooo afraid of a young QB.

Grow some balls Miami

Post subject: Re: Chad Henne to Miami?
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:47 pm 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Hahaha, that has to be piece from The Onion.

Why would he even want to come back? Fans will be merciless.

Sign AJ McCarron to light a little fire under Tannehill.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:53 pm 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

From Rotoworld:

(Rotoworld) The Miami Herald reports the Dolphins are interested in free agent QB Chad Henne. Analysis: The Dolphins are eager to upgrade Matt Moore behind Ryan Tannehill, but Henne couldn't be called an upgrade. Going on 33, Henne has attempted two passes since 2014.

Been in training I guess.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:24 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

If the Dolphins want to upgrade Moore, that is fine. But Capt Checkdown is not an upgrade over Moore. This is what we will get when Henne comes in to spell Tannehill: run on first down, run on second down, short pass behind the first down marker on third down, punt.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:00 am 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

Big Dave wrote:
short pass behind the first down marker on third down, punt.]

Then he fits right in because we did that a lot last year. I don't want Henne, but the motif I remember most about him is that he would be on fire, completing throw after throw and then they'd take him out for the wildcat play, which usually gained nothing. Henne would come back in and be cold. drive over.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:42 am 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

All Henne needs is a good line and some wrs that can catch...Oh wait we already have that guy for 20 million.

It was all that Brandon Marshalls fault!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:47 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Big Dave wrote:
If the Dolphins want to upgrade Moore, that is fine. But Capt Checkdown is not an upgrade over Moore.

Bringing in a veteran QB to back Tannehill would only net the team a couple of worthless wins and worse draft position. They need to bring a young guy in here with potential. Whether it’s free agency or the draft. This team couldn’t even lose correctly back in 2012 after going 0-7 and becoming a frontrunner to land a ‘once in a generation’ QB.

The back up comes in and wins 6 meaningless games. I know Luck hasn’t lived up to expectations but back then every analyst out there hyped him up as the most solid surefire draft hit you could get. I still haven’t seen a player with Luck’s hype coming out of college. They screwed themselves out of that to a level of parody. Who knows if Luck gets injured here.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:53 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Kev1321 wrote:
All Henne needs is a good line and some wrs that can catch...Oh wait we already have that guy for 20 million.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:07 pm 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

Kev1321 wrote:

Ryan is ranked around #20 in salary among NFL QB's

Other choices besides Henne
Kaep
Geno Smith
Fitz
Moore
Cutler
Anderson
Stanton
Gabbert
Ej Manuel
Johnnie Football

Yeah a regular pool of greatness there......

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:15 pm 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Wednesdays

Lordy, I hope we draft Lauletta. Or White. Or somebody. Maybe we can swing another trade.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:42 pm 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

AFCMiamiEast wrote:
Kev1321 wrote:

Basement life still treating you bad I see...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:25 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Kev1321 wrote:
Kev1321 wrote:

Basement life still treating you bad I see...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:47 pm 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Kev1321 wrote:

This is Kev ....

This is Kev ....

This is Kev ....

This is Kev ....

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:17 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Big Dave wrote:
This is Kev ....

This is Kev ....

This is Kev ....

This is Kev ....

I’ve already used that one on the little guy too many times.

:)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:07 pm 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

k-dash wrote:
Lordy, I hope we draft Lauletta. Or White. Or somebody. Maybe we can swing another trade.

I am hoping for White too. He already has something you cant coach with his arm and I heard a rumor that the Phins head coach is a qb whisperer.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:16 pm 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

love the internal tête-à-tête.....hadn't seen too much of that here....on our old board we had any number of head knockings, especially during the Wannswasted years....they got increasingly clever and witty...I guess it takes awhile to get to know the "players".....

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:44 pm 
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

carreramia wrote:
love the internal tête-à-tête.....hadn't seen too much of that here....on our old board we had any number of head knockings, especially during the Wannswasted years....they got increasingly clever and witty...I guess it takes awhile to get to know the "players".....

Ha! We banged heads so hard that people left! Remember all the arguments about Bubble Boy Gadsden, the Silly-Passing-Meter metric for Fiedler, Jimmy, etc. I think those arguments sent a few of our members to early death, actually. Yes, more civil here.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:02 am 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

prof123 wrote:
carreramia wrote:

Ha! We banged heads so hard that people left! Remember all the arguments about Bubble Boy Gadsden, the Silly-Passing-Meter metric for Fiedler, Jimmy, etc. I think those arguments sent a few of our members to early death, actually. Yes, more civil here.

We thinned out the crowd to those that could take it...and dish it. Max, Rigo, Rob, and who could forget exclamation point (!!!) man!? I know this is of no importance to our gracious hosts here but it is worth noting that the perennially mediocre Fins have had a lot to do with the civil "tone" of the conversations. I mean, what's the point in arguing over a team that barely survives as a .500 team? Whatever topic burns a particular set of posters, other than the current (and simmering) Tannehill issue, whether right or wrong, won't make a bit of difference in "winning" the debate. Back in the day, this team had playoff aspirations every year and the matters of Fiedler, Wanstead letting Ricky walk, the hiring of Satan, etc., were rallying points that made people take sides.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:44 pm 

I'm glad you guys are here. This place has good posters and a couple that drive the rest of us crazy. Sometimes less civil than others, but generally I've enjoyed being a part of things here. Keep it coming!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:35 am 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

AQNOR wrote:

I am hoping for White too. He already has something you cant coach with his arm and I heard a rumor that the Phins head coach is a qb whisperer.

Miami needs to double down and draft two Qbs this draft. White would be great later in the draft. Not sure what Rd to go get him. Maybe with one of those 4th Rd. picks.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:51 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

k-dash wrote:
I'm glad you guys are here. This place has good posters and a couple that drive the rest of us crazy. Sometimes less civil than others, but generally I've enjoyed being a part of things here. Keep it coming!

Do you remember the days when Rich and Dphins4me would argue for 5 straight pages? I'm an old guy, so, I don't like to have 20 pages on a topic when I can fit them on 5, so, I configured it to allow a LOT of posts on a single page. That was a lot of arguing! I'm not sure who won any of those, but I value Rich and Dphins4me's opinion on a number of issues. Even a lot of you all. I'm a quality over quantity kind of a guy. I don't want the headaches that they administrators over at Finheaven have to deal with on a daily basis. I tip my hat to them. You all are my Dolphins family.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:42 am 

Did anyone ever really win any argument on here? One thing I am pretty sure of... Rich didn't often lose any. I tangled with him once or twice and have the scars on my a$$ to prove it lol.

I'm not as active as I used to be, but this is still my go-to place.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:47 am 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

Big Dave wrote:
That was a lot of arguing! I'm not sure who won any of those, but I value Rich and Dphins4me's opinion on a number of issues.

Rich hid for nearly the whole 2017 season... #justsayin

:fart:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:23 am 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

Dphins4me wrote:
AQNOR wrote:

Miami needs to double down and draft two Qbs this draft. White would be great later in the draft. Not sure what Rd to go get him. Maybe with one of those 4th Rd. picks.

Who is the other qb you think the Phins can get and in what round? I actually tried that in a draft simulator this year I think it let one of the top 4 or 5 drop down to 11th pick.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:04 pm 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

AQNOR wrote:
Who is the other qb you think the Phins can get and in what round? I actually tried that in a draft simulator this year I think it let one of the top 4 or 5 drop down to 11th pick.
Of course I'm simply looking at Qb that might fall for No. 11. So I will go with Mayfield or Allen. Mayfield seems to me the best chance of being there at No. 11. Have seen a few mocks that have Rosen being there, but his physique concerns me.

Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]