Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:33 am 
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

hello,

What is your choice for our Third RB spot ?

IMO with Drake and Gore ( he could surprise us and be very good another year here) we need a Rookie to groom but I don't know if Michel in the third round would be better than a package ( i.e. : Falk in the third and ballage later).

But I know Gase like CJ Anderson.......so our FO could go in this direction.

IYO What is the better solution here ?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:49 am 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Wednesdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Wednesdays

Most projections have Michel going in the late first or early second I think. Either way I would prefer a rookie. Recent history has shown you can get a very good back on day 3. It's cheaper and they're a lot less likely to have injury issues.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:45 pm 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Mark Walton would be a good one.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:47 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

The Dolphins will probably draft a RB later in the draft, but if someone on their BPA list is sitting there in the 2nd round, they may grab one. I love Sony Michel as he does it all. With 44 running backs going on IR last year, maybe we should have another good young back.

Joe Schad wrote:
The Dolphins hold the 42nd overall pick in the next NFL draft and it would appear at least a few really talented running backs should be available to choose from in that spot. In fact, right now the Daily Dolphin projects the Dolphins to take one of these players in the second round:

* Sony Michel, Georgia, 5-foot-11, 220 pounds — The Plantation, FL, native, is strong, quick and has good vision. Has been compared to former Miami Dolphins running back Knowshon Moreno. Michael can run, catch and block.

* Ronald Jones, USC, 6-foot, 185 pounds — Electric speed. Protects the football. Willing blocker. Slasher who has been compared to Jamaal Charles. Elite play-making ability. Has improved as a receiver.

* Nick Chubb, Georgia, 5-foot-11, 228 pounds —Some will have concerns about a serious knee injury sustained in college. But Chubb is a powerful runner with good agility and reliable hands. He’s been compared to Jonathan Stewart.

* Rashaad Penny, San Diego State, 5-foot-11, 220 pounds — Penny led the nation in rushing with 2,248 rushing yards. Penny is a patient running back who sets up his blocks. Is also a very dangerous kickoff returner, which Miami may need.

* Kerryon Johnson, Auburn, 6-foot, 212 pounds — Burst. Acceleration. Nimble and tough. Can be a weapon on the screen game. His running style has been compared to Le’Veon Bell and overall he’s been compared to Tevin Coleman.

http://dailydolphin.blog.palmbeachpost. ... 2nd-round/

Follow me on Twitter - David Blake@phinfever

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:48 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Makes sense because when Drake gets good it will be time to cut or trade him. : )

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:40 am 
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

jgod1 wrote:
Mark Walton would be a good one.

I really would like Walton too but peharps we need a bruiser ?

Walton would be my guy if I was our GM beacuase I really think he would be a top 20 pick without his last year injury.

And with Drake, Gore and Walton ........what a RB group we could have :yay:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:54 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Two reports from RotoWorld today:

Wow. This is not good, and if true, he will drop. Why is this just now getting out? I guess I have to drop him off my "man crush" list.

RotoWorld wrote:
Report: Sony Michel has bone on bone in knee

According to The Ringer's Mike Lombardi, NFL teams have concerns Georgia RB Sony Michel has a bone-on-bone condition in his knee. It can be a career-shortening condition, and contributed to Jay Ajayi's fall in the 2015 draft. NFL Network's Mike Mayock has also alluded to medical concerns surrounding Michel, but still sent Michel to the Steelers in the first round in his mock draft on Thursday night. Lombardi said teams have concerns Michel won't last long enough to play out a second contract.
LINK

Anderson is a good back, but I wonder if this is his agent drumming up interest before the draft.

Quote:
Report: 'Eight teams' in on FA C.J. Anderson

9 News Denver's Mike Klis reports "eight teams" have expressed interest in free agent C.J. Anderson. We don't have the identity of any of these supposed eight teams, and it sounds like an extremely agent-fueled report. Anderson has drawn zero known interest in the nine days since he was released by Denver but will assuredly find a job (likely rather quickly) after this weekend's draft.
LINK

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 7:28 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Good luck to Anderson. No matter who runs that ball in Carolina, they seem to always have success.

RotoWorld wrote:
Panthers signed RB C.J. Anderson, formerly of the Broncos, to a one-year contract. It's a savvy and sensible pickup for Carolina, which did not draft a running back and had only Fozzy Whittaker and Cameron Artis-Payne on the depth chart behind Christian McCaffrey. The Anderson signing deals a significant blow to McCaffrey's fantasy outlook, and positions Anderson for RB3/flex value in the old Jonathan Stewart role. The Panthers are missing 202 carries from last year's roster, eighth most in the NFL. Anderson, 27, topped 1,000 rushing yards for the first time in his career last season, although his efficiency (4.1 YPC) has been mediocre the past two years. He is functional in the passing game. Anderson is now the favorite to lead the Panthers in carries.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8694/cj-anderson

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:18 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Nice job by Fastball to even think Ballage on was on the Dolphins radar before we actually drafted him. My problem with Ballage is focus. He has all the tools to be a good running back in this league, but he was inconsistent in college. Since Gase has him as a rookie, he has the chance to mold him into a consistent player, unlike DT Jordan Phillips who is still inconsistent and turns it on when he really wants to. Even though he has been inactive in his first two games, I really like his development and his attitude.

Joe Schad wrote:
Asked about not playing the first two weeks, Ballage had an impressively mature response that would surely please his coaches.

“I don’t think like I’m not playing,” Ballage, 22, said. “I act like I’m going to be the starter on Sunday. Period. With that mentality, you can’t go wrong.”

Ballage is confident, but he says he’s patient. He believes his turn will come. He’s trying to impress in every practice.

“Just being detailed in everything I do,” Ballage said. “Catching the ball. Picking up pass protection. Making the right reads in the run game. Just making sure I’m on, everything. Even though the physical part isn’t 100 percent there.”

https://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports/fo ... GmT7bX6EJ/

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:43 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

That's a credit to Gase the staff and I'm sure Gore for keeping the focus.. Ballage will get his turn.

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ]