All times are UTC-05:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:20 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Edelman has been one of the cleanest players in the league, so, we'll have to see how this plays out. One thing, he's an aging player and may have "cheated" in his rehab process trying to get better quickly. If he loses his appeal he will be out a half million dollars.

For a team that is always focused on getting to the Super Bowl, they do seem to have a lot of offseason drama.

RotoWorld wrote:
This kind of news isn't supposed to get out before the appeals process is through, but it usually does. Like the vast majority of suspended players, Edelman is likely to lose his appeal. It's a major blow for a team that let Danny Amendola walk in free agency before trading Brandin Cooks. Of course, the Pats were already without Edelman in 2017 as he recovered from a torn ACL. He's turned 32 in the interim. Chris Hogan is now set up to be a fantasy monster for the first four weeks of the season, though Tom Brady's target delineation figures to be unpredictable. Including James White, Rex Burkhead, Kenny Britt, Jordan Matthews, Malcolm Mitchell and perhaps even sixth-rounder Braxton Berrios, there is no shortage of potential beneficiaries.

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/ ... pheadlines

Follow me on Twitter - David Blake@phinfever

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:02 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Quote:
(CBS/AP) BOSTON - New England Patriots' wide receiver Julian Edelman was arrested early Tuesday for allegedly groping a woman during a Halloween party at a Boston nightclub.

Quote:
A woman identified only as Sabrina posted the above photo to Tinder this week with a caption reading, "Just f--ked Edelman. No lie."
Unfortunately, she didn't offer any details as to whether or not the pint-sized wideout lives up to his nickname of "Mini-tron."
So while Tom Brady jumps for joy and Rob Gronkowski continues to stomp around the nation like a drunken bro-hulk, Edelman has clearly decided to celebrate by finding holes and penetrating defenses, and who could blame him?

Quote:
A Swedish model planned to take a New England Patriots star to court as she claimed that he is the father of her unborn child. Ella Rose has filed court documents in Los Angeles that say Julian Edelman is her baby’s daddy, according to TMZ. The gossip site, quoting sources, says that Edelman and Rose have had a “casual relationship for about two years.” Rose is thought to be five months pregnant.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:05 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Quote:
Look at my post, I posted something in quotes so I am glad you read this post. The one I posted in quotes.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:21 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Big Dave wrote:
For a team that is always focused on getting to the Super Bowl, they do seem to have a lot of offseason drama.

And they have ALWAYS managed to perform regardless.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:54 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

It's official. And we reap the spoils in Game 4 at New England.

RotoWorld wrote:
He'll miss games against the Texans, Jaguars, Lions, and Dolphins. Rob Gronkowski will handle most of the Weeks 1-4 receiving load, with Chris Hogan in the No. 1 wideout role. We may also see Rex Burkhead used frequently in the slot. Edelman's four-game ban still has a chance to render him a value in fantasy drafts. He should return immediately as a WR2 beginning in Week 5.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5440/julian-edelman

Follow me on Twitter - David Blake@phinfever

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:58 am 
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

4 games for a substance they are not naming and 3 games for groping a woman?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:38 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Probably a matter of evidence and proof. Although an apology was given i don't think guilt was admitted.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:51 pm 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Wednesdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Wednesdays

Either way the hand is being dealt for a strong start to the season. Finesse, tune up the engine for the playoff bus baby!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:23 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

FINesse wrote:
4 games for a substance they are not naming and 3 games for groping a woman?

Good point and thanks for reading the quotes!

Seems like a double standard....Big Ben was suspended for a similar situation... Where he was never charged with a crime.

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ]