All times are UTC-04:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:38 pm 
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

No way Miami would have won if Brock played the 2nd half. Tannehill shrugs off the ankle injury and keeps Miami in position to win the game. Beating the Patriots is always good, but this is so much sweeter because they had this game won and we snatched it away from them! Go Dolphins!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:41 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Great effort from a beaten, battered and gimpy Tannehill. Best part of the win is it seems likely it gives KC home field in the playoffs and not NE. Hopefully that will keep NE out of another Super Bowl.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:49 pm 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

We've always loved Tannehill's toughness. He's taken a real beating by our OL year after year. Of course, he does hold the ball too long at times. I kept yelling "throw it!" because this OL gives him no time to do much of anything.

Follow me on Twitter - David Blake@phinfever

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:51 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Best part to me is Phins win.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:53 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Big Dave wrote:
We've always loved Tannehill's toughness. He's taken a real beating by our OL year after year. Of course, he does hold the ball too long at times. I kept yelling "throw it!" because this OL gives him no time to do much of anything.

Yeah...he held it too long several times today. Brady threw it away a lot and kept his jersey clean, but then he needed that clean jersey to wipe his tears at the end..... :))

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:12 pm 
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

that ending unexplainable but my, oh my, the Fins perpetrated it on our most hated team and head coach.....long flight back home for them, and after killing us all day long loved seeing Gronk tripping all over himself trying to play DB....love it, love it, love it....killed NE chances of home field advantage, a nicer xmas present from the Fins I can not think of....season over for me, no need to see any more...

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:21 pm 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Phinished wrote:
Yeah...he held it too long several times today. Brady threw it away a lot and kept his jersey clean, but then he needed that clean jersey to wipe his tears at the end..... :))

Brady's one hold was costly as time ran out in the first half deep in our territory after we sacked him. He ran out of time to kick the FG. They made a lot of mistakes.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:27 pm 
Phinfever Global Moderator

I say for sure he will be back next season. Say what you will when you look at the other 3 QBs in the division as to where they are in their careers he has the most upside.
Big things ahead for this team.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:22 pm 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

It's the retro jerseys/logo I tell you! Keep wearing them.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:31 pm 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Tannehill holds the ball too long at times, but the receivers were struggling to get open as well. Belichick's defenses do a good job of creating confusion.

That aside, it was a pretty darn good day for the offense and Tannehill. He looked like the guy who was dealing by the end of 2016 and again had another legit 20+ yard TD pass.

We rip the guy a lot but he is 5-3 as a starter with 16 TDs and only 6 picks this year.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:42 pm 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Dave Hyde wrote:
5. This was the kind of game that you know Ryan Tannehill has in him — and why there’s always the hesitation to move on from him. On any given Sunday, especially in home games, he can do this: 14 of 19 passes for 265 yards, three touchdowns, no interceptions. That’s a good day. Tannehill had his ankle severely stepped on by tackle Ja’Wuan James late in the first half, and had to come out. He came out early before the second half just to test he could play. Now for the other news: On third-and-four and down 30-28 with 4:26 left, he fired a little high to Kenny Stills. The Dolphins had to punt back to Brady. Yet for all that went out the window with the final pass.

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/dav ... story.html

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:20 pm 
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

Today is a day to celebrate and Tannehill deserves kudos for helping deliver a fun day to all Miami fans and heartbreak to NE fans, they certainly are way overdue for some, but one thing certain nothing Tannehill did today should change the outcome of his story here in Miami regardless of how he manages to re-insert himself in it.

And isn't it amazing how NE struggles to win here? That closing play highlights the notion that there has to be something in the water for not only did Miami take it to NE on the ground and with downfield passing (the kind we didn't think existed in Gase's playbook) and chunk yardage plays, NE somehow also played the part of a typical struggling team with their missed FGs and extra points, and of all things an un-Brady like mistake that cost his team a chance at 3 easy pts b4 the half.

Sweet day all around....

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:43 pm 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Wednesdays

This is enough to make you think... maybe we've been a little hard on him.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:59 pm 
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

All I have is WOW.

That is it.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:31 pm 
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

k-dash wrote:
... maybe we've been a little hard on him.

stats don't always tell the whole story and QB rating much less. It is the most meaningless stat there is.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:48 pm 

Gonna be 5-1 in the division.
KC is very vulnerable at home in the playoffs ... just saying.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:44 pm 

carreramia wrote:
k-dash wrote:
... maybe we've been a little hard on him.

stats don't always tell the whole story and QB rating much less. It is the most meaningless stat there is.

While I agree that stats and QBR don't tell the whole picture, to dismiss it all is unfair. If his stats were bad, how many posters here would be using them to vilify him? Would you be? His stats are very good; you can't really just toss that as meaningless unless you toss his bad stats as easily.

RT is not and will likely never be elite. But I have always maintained (go ahead, look up my past posts if you have time for such nonsense) that he's an above average starter in a league where only elite starters get love from their home fans. And there are what, maybe 8 of those?

We will, and we should keep RT next year. I truly hope that we draft a QB high to try to find an elite (though this year I'm doubtful). Sure, bring in veteran competition in the form of Teddy or somebody if you want. Just don't expect RT to get beat out until we have an elite guy or until his body gives out, whichever comes first (my money's on the latter.)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:55 am 
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

debating THill’s worth today is pointless, that dead horse has been beaten beyond recognition...his inevitable return next year doesn’t make him the right choice, it’s the only choice but only because this dumb *ss franchise has put themselves in this position of not having his successor available...for 2019 they should get a better backup alternative than Osweiler and hope that the 2020 QB crop allows some draft maneuvering...however, those future decisions carries caveats: 1) did we replace the front office? 2) Is Gase still on board then, 3) and if so can he coach up different style QBs or is his ability as an offensive coordinator restricted?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:02 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

k-dash wrote:
I truly hope that we draft a QB high to try to find an elite (though this year I'm doubtful). Sure, bring in veteran competition in the form of Teddy or somebody if you want. Just don't expect RT to get beat out until we have an elite guy or until his body gives out, whichever comes first (my money's on the latter.)

I agree with this 100% Ken. The beatings are beginning to take their toll.

Teddy B might be content to stay in New Orleans and take over for Brees, and Carr has turned his season around in Oakland.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:15 pm 

Joe Schad is a fan of RT, no doubt. He does spin a pretty compelling case here. The ultimate question is, who's out there that is a clear upgrade? Draft a QB in the top 2 rounds and let them sit behind Ryan.

https://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports/20181210/schad-cut-ryan-tannehill-hah-miami-dolphins-are-blessed-to-have-his-contract

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:23 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

jammer wrote:
That aside, it was a pretty darn good day for the offense and Tannehill. He looked like the guy who was dealing by the end of 2016 and again had another legit 20+ yard TD pass.

We rip the guy a lot but he is 5-3 as a starter with 16 TDs and only 6 picks this year.

I have no ill will towards him whatsoever. I respect him. I don’t say that about many people in his position, but with that being said, his career in Miami is already a done deal. At best, he returns for another season as the bridge QB until we get the young gun in here...and start the process all over again.

For the 18th consecutive time.

k-dash wrote:

This is enough to make you think... maybe we've been a little hard on him.

I’ve never seen such a pendulumistic type of player when it comes to constant week by week evaluation over six years in my entire life.

:)

And no to Teddy Bridgewater. Bring T Hill back if that is the case. Bridgewater isn’t coming here. It doesn’t make any sense.

carreramia wrote:
Today is a day to celebrate and Tannehill deserves kudos for helping deliver a fun day to all Miami fans and heartbreak to NE fans, they certainly are way overdue for some, but one thing certain nothing Tannehill did today should change the outcome of his story here in Miami regardless of how he manages to re-insert himself in it.

I wholeheartedly agree. I wish T Hill absolutely nothing but the best wherever he ends up.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:01 pm 
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

carreramia wrote:
debating THill’s worth today is pointless, that dead horse has been beaten beyond recognition...his inevitable return next year doesn’t make him the right choice, it’s the only choice but only because this dumb *ss franchise has put themselves in this position of not having his successor available...for 2019 they should get a better backup alternative than Osweiler and hope that the 2020 QB crop allows some draft maneuvering...however, those future decisions carries caveats: 1) did we replace the front office? 2) Is Gase still on board then, 3) and if so can he coach up different style QBs or is his ability as an offensive coordinator restricted?

So because you say so the debate over Tannehill is over? I don' think so. You cannot get a fair evaluation of Tannehill having to play behind an offensive line that has lacked starting quality guards since the day they signed him.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:56 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Tannehill has become a bridge guy, we all recognize that. Whether it is one more year or two more years, we'll find out. If he guides Miami to a few more wins, a trip to the playoffs and a playoff victory then no doubt it will change how people remember him...especially if he does it with all of the injuries in the supporting cast.

He could very well throw a dud in Minnesota and we're back to "replace him immediately!"

I think leaning more on Kenny Stills the way he used to lean on Landry will be nice boost to the passing game.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:17 am 
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

Relive1972 wrote:
You cannot get a fair evaluation of Tannehill having to play behind an offensive line that has lacked starting quality guards since the day they signed him.

Pfft! Offensive line. Wide Receivers. Head Coach. Offensive Coordinator. Defense. The FG kicker. The hot dog salesman in section 100. Whatever you want to use as an apologist, excuse maker, go ahead, you’d be only wasting your time.

If you don’t have by now a thorough, transparent, fair, methodical, insightful, re-numerative, articulate, fool proof, evidentiary beyond the most minute, slightest shadow of a doubt (mmm, I can’t think of any other adjective....) evaluation of Tannehill as an NFL QB then I blame myself for having wasted almost 20 years educating you on the finer points of NFL life.

So yes, I say so and I’m 1000000000000000000% percent on the money. “Your Honor! The Prosecution rests it’s case!”.

But now it’s not the time for this. I’m still enjoying Sunday. Get a load of the old man NE fan in this video. The daughter, I’m guessing it’s the daughter or grand daughter videoing the old man, as he sits there dumbfounded infront of the TV.

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/dav ... story.html

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:38 am 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

This is what RT is...inconsistant. We have to ask ourselves is Bridgewater, Fitzpatrick, or any other FA QB an upgrade? We need to draft a QB as RT now has health issues and he is getting older, but I think he is the starter until the replacement is ready.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:52 am 
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

I have heard Jacksonville really wants tannehill! He would win a super bowl with them or the raiders!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:34 pm 

He can win more than one here

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:32 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

hatchettjack wrote:
I have heard Jacksonville really wants tannehill! He would win a super bowl with them or the raiders!

Obviously not Oakland.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:38 am 

If Tannehill somehow hits the open market.
Belichick will snag him in a heartbeat.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:11 am 
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

carreramia wrote:
Pfft! Offensive line. Wide Receivers. Head Coach. Offensive Coordinator. Defense. The FG kicker. The hot dog salesman in section 100. Whatever you want to use as an apologist, excuse maker, go ahead, you’d be only wasting your time.

If you don’t have by now a thorough, transparent, fair, methodical, insightful, re-numerative, articulate, fool proof, evidentiary beyond the most minute, slightest shadow of a doubt (mmm, I can’t think of any other adjective....) evaluation of Tannehill as an NFL QB then I blame myself for having wasted almost 20 years educating you on the finer points of NFL life.

l

LOL, hot-dog salesman!

Some questions for you:
1. What do you think of Rich Gannon? Was his 3-year run as MVP-caliber QB enough to make us think Tannehill could do the same in his early to mid 30s? Or did it take too long to happen?
2. Who was the better QB, Fiedler or Tannehill? 1001 or 10001?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:12 pm 
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

prof123 wrote:
Some questions for you:
1. What do you think of Rich Gannon? Was his 3-year run as MVP-caliber QB enough to make us think Tannehill could do the same in his early to mid 30s? Or did it take too long to happen?
2. Who was the better QB ? 1001 or 10001?

1) This “Well, Rich Gannon did it!” theory is as applicable as the one “Well, Trent Dilfer did it!”. Two examples as unique and full of circumstantial factors as our 17-0. I know many are holding out hope but it’s foolish. Right now, Thill is good (and lucky) enough to collect his millions and bide the time to acquire and bring in his successor, preferably through the draft, which I sincerely cringe at the thought if the same regime remains.

And no. 2? Easy. 1001!!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:10 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

I thought these stats were interesting. A lot of teams think they are just a QB away from being a playoff team, but even the great Aaron Rodgers and even Matt Ryan cannot carry a poorly managed team.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:34 am 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game

People keep harping on Ryan Tannehill's salary. He's a middle of the road starting QB with a middle of the road starting QB salary. Get over it.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/rankings/av ... arterback/

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:17 am 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

The Pack cant rely on Rodgers every time, it's what got mccarthy fired. Green bay has had a lousy defense for years and a suspect o line. Injuries happen and look st what they've become.

Offense games defense champions something or another

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:34 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Big Dave wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:20 pm 

After Sunday Cousins will be out.

Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]