Phinfever.com

Catch the madness!

All times are UTC-05:00




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:33 pm 
Offline
2015 Phinfever VIP Donor!
2015 Phinfever VIP Donor!

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:14 am
Posts: 350
Location: Scranton, PA
The second half of the saints game showed the viking's front 7 can be had. Maybe it happened because of Brees in the first half, maybe not. Henne is no Brees yet. What do you guys think? Should henning try to air it out in the first quarter?


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:41 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:09 am
Posts: 774
Location: Fort Lauderdale
I saw the same thing, cutback lanes were wide open in the 2nd half for the Saints. Hopefully Henning doesn't outsmart himself this week.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:46 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 5439
Quote:
If the Saints could run against the Vikes, why not us?


Because the Saints have Pro Bowl guards...we do not.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:32 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7532
Location: Massachusetts
Iowafin wrote:
Quote:
If the Saints could run against the Vikes, why not us?


Because the Saints have Pro Bowl guards...we do not.


We have Pro Bowl backs and OT's, they do not. :ann0y:


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:44 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 5439
Phins Rock wrote:
Iowafin wrote:
Quote:
If the Saints could run against the Vikes, why not us?


Because the Saints have Pro Bowl guards...we do not.


We have Pro Bowl backs and OT's, they do not. :ann0y:


Yeah, but the interior is the point of attack on every play.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:02 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7532
Location: Massachusetts
[quote="Iowafin"]
The RB's are the ones who make the play.

Who cares lol. Miami's run game was better than NO's last year, and it's better now.


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:35 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:04 pm
Posts: 8210
Anyway...Yes, we should be able to run the ball. If I am the Vikes, I'm stacking the line and daring Henne to beat us. Hopefully the pass will open up the run.


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:04 pm 
Offline
2015 Phinfever VIP Donor!
2015 Phinfever VIP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:35 am
Posts: 1850
Location: Lakeland, Fl
I hope Henning allows Henne to attack downfield more. Especially on 1st downs on play action. I would expect Minnesota to stack the box and try and cover Marshall forcing the Phins to go elsewhere. Hartline, Bess and Fasano need to get more looks at the football. Miami was very predictable on offense after the 1st quarter in the Bills game.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:31 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:48 pm
Posts: 6186
..... Because the Saints can pass the ball better than the majority of the league.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:35 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 5439
Phins Rock wrote:
Iowafin wrote:

The RB's are the ones who make the play.

Who cares lol. Miami's run game was better than NO's last year, and it's better now.


I'm not sure what you're "not caring" about...the fact that Miami was "better" at running is because New Orleans threw the ball a lot more, and they did it successfully. New Orleans' interior line, however, is better than Miami's.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:12 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7532
Location: Massachusetts
Iowafin wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:
Iowafin wrote:

The RB's are the ones who make the play.

Who cares lol. Miami's run game was better than NO's last year, and it's better now.


I'm not sure what you're "not caring" about...the fact that Miami was "better" at running is because New Orleans threw the ball a lot more, and they did it successfully. New Orleans' interior line, however, is better than Miami's.


Yes. Never disputed that.

I'm not even sure what we're arguing. So whatever. We'll agree to disagree on whatever it is that we are disagreeing on.


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:26 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:49 am
Posts: 4152
Location: The Bluegrass
bobby0112 wrote:
Miami was very predictable on offense after the 1st quarter in the Bills game.


Maybe because it was the first 15 minutes of the season and it's likely that perhaps only 1/2 of the offense is even installed?

Just sayin'.

_________________
A good RB is nice, a good QB even better, but it's best to be able to stop someone first.


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:38 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:04 pm
Posts: 8210
iowa, why is everything such an argument with you? Calm down a little. We are all rooting for the same team, right? There are a lot of factors that go into a running game. I think the Vikes stack the line and make Henne beat them.


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:59 am 
Offline
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:35 pm
Posts: 4296
Location: Charleston AFB, SC
We will run don't worry. We've run through 8 before. We will do it again. Jared Allen is the guy to worry about. We'll see how our Pro Bowl LT handles their Pro Bowl DE.


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:11 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 5439
Makchell wrote:
iowa, why is everything such an argument with you? Calm down a little. We are all rooting for the same team, right? There are a lot of factors that go into a running game. I think the Vikes stack the line and make Henne beat them.


I am plenty calm, and wasn't aware there was an argument. I merely answered the question, and now I am speaking contrary to what you have seen, so don't mistake this as an argument either.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:29 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:47 am
Posts: 6676
:war: :war: :war: :war:

I'm just being contrary :angry:


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:10 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 5439
NFLJunkie wrote:
:war: :war: :war: :war:

I'm just being contrary :angry:


CALM THE EFF DOWN...we all root for the same team, ya know?

_________________
Image


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ] 

All times are UTC-05:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 13 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: