View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:44 am



Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
 Phins vs Jets 
Author Message
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:11 pm
Posts: 8960
Location: Fargo, ND
Post Phins vs Jets
Remember last year, our first game against the Jests?

Just a little reminder of what we did to them last year during prime time. I hope to repeat. :yay:

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum


Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:39 pm
Profile
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:46 pm
Posts: 133
Post Re: Phins vs Jets
After watching most of the NE/NY game last night, one thing that impressed upon me is that both teams were very beatable.

_________________
Image


Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:18 pm
Profile
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:13 pm
Posts: 359
Post Re: Phins vs Jets
My favorite Youtube video...

_________________
305sportsblog.blogspot.com

Image


Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:37 pm
Profile
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:41 pm
Posts: 334
Post Re: Phins vs Jets
i have already been going at it w/ a idiot from NY! :jests: :jests:


Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:55 pm
Profile
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:21 pm
Posts: 64
Post Re: Phins vs Jets
AOA001 wrote:
After watching most of the NE/NY game last night, one thing that impressed upon me is that both teams were very beatable.


After watching the Dolphins first two games, one thing that impressed upon me is that they have a terrible offense and will be lucky to kick a few FG's Sunday night against the best defense they will face this season. The Pats have a much better offense and better WR's and the QB comparison, well there is none, and we held them to 14 points. And on defense your thin/weak defensive line and secondary will get exposed, mark my words.

_________________
“Last year, hey we were under the radar that’s a
good place to be. F**k that the best place to be is when expectations are high.”

-Rex Ryan


Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:42 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:30 am
Posts: 2717
Post Re: Phins vs Jets
The Jets have a great defense, no lie. However, without Revis....they are screwed. Brandon Marshall should see the end zone at least once. If there ever was a week to open up the playbook, this is the one. If the Dolphins actually use play action, and decide to throw more than 5 times a half, the middle of the field will likely be open for Fasano, Bess and the backs to exploit. Please God, teach Miami to run a screen pass. I saw the Pats use it effectively on the Jets.

Sanchez got a breather playing the Pats....whose defense is definitely not good. Sanchez is more mobile than a gimpy and out of shape Favre, but Miami's secondary suddenly seems to have figured it out. Sanchez should be good for about two picks. Cameron Wake will probably sack him a couple of times as well. I would love to see some more exotic blitz packages this week. Sanchez can't handle them.

_________________
Image
Philbin's countenance exudes confidence!
1984 was so long ago...Will there ever be another rainbow?


Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:19 pm
Profile
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:46 pm
Posts: 133
Post Re: Phins vs Jets
Choon, you're so delusional and overdramatic.

See you Sunday, Dirty Sanchez.

_________________
Image


Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:26 am
Profile
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:43 pm
Posts: 4677
Location: Wellington, FL
Post Re: Phins vs Jets
choon328 wrote:
After watching the Dolphins first two games, one thing that impressed upon me is that they have a terrible offense and will be lucky to kick a few FG's Sunday night against the best defense they will face this season. The Pats have a much better offense and better WR's and the QB comparison, well there is none, and we held them to 14 points. And on defense your thin/weak defensive line and secondary will get exposed, mark my words.



Defensive Rankings:

Yards allowed Per Game:
1 - Tenn
2- Balto
3 - Green Bay
4 - San Fran
5 - Miami
...
11 - Jets

Passing yards allowed:

6 - Miami

22 - Jets

Rushing Yards allowed:

3 - Jets

11 - Miami


Best defense? Not quite buddy..... But good try, Miami faces Green Bay and Balto who are both top 5 defenses. Jets arent even top 10 right now....

So your defense isnt what will make or break this club, just another warm up game...

Plus unless you just started watching football, you should know that nothing matters, its Jets vs Fins......

_________________
Caveat: These are the opinions of this user, and may differ from your opinion. Please use common sense before taking offense.
Reply may contain sarcasm


Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:39 am
Profile
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:21 pm
Posts: 64
Post Re: Phins vs Jets
10acjed wrote:
choon328 wrote:
After watching the Dolphins first two games, one thing that impressed upon me is that they have a terrible offense and will be lucky to kick a few FG's Sunday night against the best defense they will face this season. The Pats have a much better offense and better WR's and the QB comparison, well there is none, and we held them to 14 points. And on defense your thin/weak defensive line and secondary will get exposed, mark my words.



Defensive Rankings:

Yards allowed Per Game:
1 - Tenn
2- Balto
3 - Green Bay
4 - San Fran
5 - Miami
...
11 - Jets

Passing yards allowed:

6 - Miami

22 - Jets

Rushing Yards allowed:

3 - Jets

11 - Miami


Best defense? Not quite buddy..... But good try, Miami faces Green Bay and Balto who are both top 5 defenses. Jets arent even top 10 right now....

So your defense isnt what will make or break this club, just another warm up game...

Plus unless you just started watching football, you should know that nothing matters, its Jets vs Fins......


I guess that's what happens when you play the worst team in football in week 1 and a 42 year old QB who is a shell of his former self in week 2. Like I said earlier, you will get exposed this week.

_________________
“Last year, hey we were under the radar that’s a
good place to be. F**k that the best place to be is when expectations are high.”

-Rex Ryan


Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:05 am
Profile
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:21 pm
Posts: 64
Post Re: Phins vs Jets
FrustratedFinFan wrote:
The Jets have a great defense, no lie. However, without Revis....they are screwed. Brandon Marshall should see the end zone at least once. If there ever was a week to open up the playbook, this is the one. If the Dolphins actually use play action, and decide to throw more than 5 times a half, the middle of the field will likely be open for Fasano, Bess and the backs to exploit. Please God, teach Miami to run a screen pass. I saw the Pats use it effectively on the Jets.

Sanchez got a breather playing the Pats....whose defense is definitely not good. Sanchez is more mobile than a gimpy and out of shape Favre, but Miami's secondary suddenly seems to have figured it out. Sanchez should be good for about two picks. Cameron Wake will probably sack him a couple of times as well. I would love to see some more exotic blitz packages this week. Sanchez can't handle them.


We actually played really well without Revis in the second half against a team that is MUCH better on offense then the Dolphins are. So what makes you think the Dolphins will be able to do anything against the Jets if the Pats couldn't? If you can't come up with a reason it's ok, neither can I. :ann0y:

_________________
“Last year, hey we were under the radar that’s a
good place to be. F**k that the best place to be is when expectations are high.”

-Rex Ryan


Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:07 am
Profile
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:47 am
Posts: 6118
Post Re: Phins vs Jets
"And on defense your thin/weak defensive line and secondary will get exposed, mark my words." How are Jenkins, Taylor and Revis doing these days? People in glass houses shouldn't....... You get the point. If you're going to pick on the Dolphins, the secondary and DL are not places to start. Right now, they're easily the strength of the entire team. Passing game, you get traction. Special Teams coverage....we'll blush, but the defense? Our defense is playing lights out right now and I'll take a gimpy Favre over captain checkdown 9 days out of 10. Oh and I don't expect that Cromartie will have his get-out-of-two-complete-muggings-free card when he travels to Miami.


Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:30 am
Profile
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:43 pm
Posts: 4677
Location: Wellington, FL
Post Re: Phins vs Jets
choon328 wrote:

I guess that's what happens when you play the worst team in football in week 1 and a 42 year old QB who is a shell of his former self in week 2. Like I said earlier, you will get exposed this week.


That QB & team was in the NFC champ game last year... I guess that is no big deal tho right?
What about rushing on them? They were one of the top 5 rush defenses as well...

Since your claims to fame are referring to your teams stats and record last year, why is a team that accomplished the same thing not worthy?

How many teams went into Minn last year and beat the Vikings at home?

What happens this year remains to be seen. But one thing is for sure, the Dolphins "record" which you claim is all that matters is better than the Jets... Best thing you can do this week is even that up...
But I doubt thats going to happen... Plan on seeing a much different offense, and a heavy blitzing defense....

_________________
Caveat: These are the opinions of this user, and may differ from your opinion. Please use common sense before taking offense.
Reply may contain sarcasm


Last edited by 10acjed on Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:41 am, edited 1 time in total.



Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:39 am
Profile
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:39 pm
Posts: 1069
Post Re: Phins vs Jets
choon328 wrote:
We actually played really well without Revis in the second half against a team that is MUCH better on offense then the Dolphins are. So what makes you think the Dolphins will be able to do anything against the Jets if the Pats couldn't? If you can't come up with a reason it's ok, neither can I. :ann0y:


Do you actually watch football?

How about every NFL game is distinctly different?

The Patriots scoring 14 points MEANS NOTHING towards this game. Miami could score more than 14, less than 14. We don't know.

Or are you going to seriously say the Jets won't give up more than 14 points on defense the rest of the year since New England didn't score more than 14?

_________________
Image


Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:40 am
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 5439
Post Re: Phins vs Jets
choon328 wrote:
AOA001 wrote:
After watching most of the NE/NY game last night, one thing that impressed upon me is that both teams were very beatable.


After watching the Dolphins first two games, one thing that impressed upon me is that they have a terrible offense and will be lucky to kick a few FG's Sunday night against the best defense they will face this season.


Miami was 0-3, scored a combined 43 points and had 6 turnovers. They then put up 38 on the Bills and 31 on "the best defense in the league."

Spare me your ridiculous claims and clouded thoughts and just go back to being the fair weathered fan that you are.

_________________
Image


Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:22 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007, 2010 phpBB Group.
Designed by Coots & IamPZ - Phinfever.com.