View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:44 am

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
 Phins vs Jets 
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Post Phins vs Jets
Remember last year, our first game against the Jests?

Just a little reminder of what we did to them last year during prime time. I hope to repeat. :yay:

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:39 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Post Re: Phins vs Jets
After watching most of the NE/NY game last night, one thing that impressed upon me is that both teams were very beatable.

Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:18 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

My favorite Youtube video...

Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:37 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

i have already been going at it w/ a idiot from NY! :jests: :jests:

Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:55 pm
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

AOA001 wrote:
After watching most of the NE/NY game last night, one thing that impressed upon me is that both teams were very beatable.

After watching the Dolphins first two games, one thing that impressed upon me is that they have a terrible offense and will be lucky to kick a few FG's Sunday night against the best defense they will face this season. The Pats have a much better offense and better WR's and the QB comparison, well there is none, and we held them to 14 points. And on defense your thin/weak defensive line and secondary will get exposed, mark my words.

-Rex Ryan

Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:42 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

The Jets have a great defense, no lie. However, without Revis....they are screwed. Brandon Marshall should see the end zone at least once. If there ever was a week to open up the playbook, this is the one. If the Dolphins actually use play action, and decide to throw more than 5 times a half, the middle of the field will likely be open for Fasano, Bess and the backs to exploit. Please God, teach Miami to run a screen pass. I saw the Pats use it effectively on the Jets.

Sanchez got a breather playing the Pats....whose defense is definitely not good. Sanchez is more mobile than a gimpy and out of shape Favre, but Miami's secondary suddenly seems to have figured it out. Sanchez should be good for about two picks. Cameron Wake will probably sack him a couple of times as well. I would love to see some more exotic blitz packages this week. Sanchez can't handle them.

Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:19 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Choon, you're so delusional and overdramatic.

See you Sunday, Dirty Sanchez.

Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:26 am
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

choon328 wrote:
After watching the Dolphins first two games, one thing that impressed upon me is that they have a terrible offense and will be lucky to kick a few FG's Sunday night against the best defense they will face this season. The Pats have a much better offense and better WR's and the QB comparison, well there is none, and we held them to 14 points. And on defense your thin/weak defensive line and secondary will get exposed, mark my words.

Defensive Rankings:

Yards allowed Per Game:
1 - Tenn
2- Balto
3 - Green Bay
4 - San Fran
5 - Miami
11 - Jets

Passing yards allowed:

6 - Miami

22 - Jets

Rushing Yards allowed:

3 - Jets

11 - Miami

Best defense? Not quite buddy..... But good try, Miami faces Green Bay and Balto who are both top 5 defenses. Jets arent even top 10 right now....

So your defense isnt what will make or break this club, just another warm up game...

Plus unless you just started watching football, you should know that nothing matters, its Jets vs Fins......

Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:39 am
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

10acjed wrote:
choon328 wrote:

Defensive Rankings:

Yards allowed Per Game:
1 - Tenn
2- Balto
3 - Green Bay
4 - San Fran
5 - Miami
11 - Jets

Passing yards allowed:

6 - Miami

22 - Jets

Rushing Yards allowed:

3 - Jets

11 - Miami

Best defense? Not quite buddy..... But good try, Miami faces Green Bay and Balto who are both top 5 defenses. Jets arent even top 10 right now....

So your defense isnt what will make or break this club, just another warm up game...

Plus unless you just started watching football, you should know that nothing matters, its Jets vs Fins......

I guess that's what happens when you play the worst team in football in week 1 and a 42 year old QB who is a shell of his former self in week 2. Like I said earlier, you will get exposed this week.

-Rex Ryan

Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:05 am
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

FrustratedFinFan wrote:
The Jets have a great defense, no lie. However, without Revis....they are screwed. Brandon Marshall should see the end zone at least once. If there ever was a week to open up the playbook, this is the one. If the Dolphins actually use play action, and decide to throw more than 5 times a half, the middle of the field will likely be open for Fasano, Bess and the backs to exploit. Please God, teach Miami to run a screen pass. I saw the Pats use it effectively on the Jets.

Sanchez got a breather playing the Pats....whose defense is definitely not good. Sanchez is more mobile than a gimpy and out of shape Favre, but Miami's secondary suddenly seems to have figured it out. Sanchez should be good for about two picks. Cameron Wake will probably sack him a couple of times as well. I would love to see some more exotic blitz packages this week. Sanchez can't handle them.

We actually played really well without Revis in the second half against a team that is MUCH better on offense then the Dolphins are. So what makes you think the Dolphins will be able to do anything against the Jets if the Pats couldn't? If you can't come up with a reason it's ok, neither can I. :ann0y:

-Rex Ryan

Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:07 am
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

"And on defense your thin/weak defensive line and secondary will get exposed, mark my words." How are Jenkins, Taylor and Revis doing these days? People in glass houses shouldn't....... You get the point. If you're going to pick on the Dolphins, the secondary and DL are not places to start. Right now, they're easily the strength of the entire team. Passing game, you get traction. Special Teams coverage....we'll blush, but the defense? Our defense is playing lights out right now and I'll take a gimpy Favre over captain checkdown 9 days out of 10. Oh and I don't expect that Cromartie will have his get-out-of-two-complete-muggings-free card when he travels to Miami.

Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:30 am
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

choon328 wrote:

I guess that's what happens when you play the worst team in football in week 1 and a 42 year old QB who is a shell of his former self in week 2. Like I said earlier, you will get exposed this week.

That QB & team was in the NFC champ game last year... I guess that is no big deal tho right?
What about rushing on them? They were one of the top 5 rush defenses as well...

Since your claims to fame are referring to your teams stats and record last year, why is a team that accomplished the same thing not worthy?

How many teams went into Minn last year and beat the Vikings at home?

What happens this year remains to be seen. But one thing is for sure, the Dolphins "record" which you claim is all that matters is better than the Jets... Best thing you can do this week is even that up...
But I doubt thats going to happen... Plan on seeing a much different offense, and a heavy blitzing defense....

Last edited by 10acjed on Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:39 am
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

choon328 wrote:
We actually played really well without Revis in the second half against a team that is MUCH better on offense then the Dolphins are. So what makes you think the Dolphins will be able to do anything against the Jets if the Pats couldn't? If you can't come up with a reason it's ok, neither can I. :ann0y:

Do you actually watch football?

How about every NFL game is distinctly different?

The Patriots scoring 14 points MEANS NOTHING towards this game. Miami could score more than 14, less than 14. We don't know.

Or are you going to seriously say the Jets won't give up more than 14 points on defense the rest of the year since New England didn't score more than 14?

Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:40 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

choon328 wrote:
AOA001 wrote:

After watching the Dolphins first two games, one thing that impressed upon me is that they have a terrible offense and will be lucky to kick a few FG's Sunday night against the best defense they will face this season.

Miami was 0-3, scored a combined 43 points and had 6 turnovers. They then put up 38 on the Bills and 31 on "the best defense in the league."

Spare me your ridiculous claims and clouded thoughts and just go back to being the fair weathered fan that you are.

Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:22 am
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]