View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:39 pm

Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Defense wins championships.....not 
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

Post Re: Defense wins championships.....not
Yay so lets go focus on Offense this offseason so we can have a shootout every game when our defense can't stop anyone!!!!

Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:19 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Not what I said at all. I want one high pick to be used for a WR, either that or a trade for a WR....which will likely cost us a high pick as well. Either way, let's address that issue now. Imagine how much better the offense will be if we actually have a #1 receiver?

After that, draft defense to your heart's content. Although, I think RB is another need fast approaching.....

Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:27 pm

FrustratedFinFan wrote:
Not what I said at all. I want one high pick to be used for a WR, either that or a trade for a WR....which will likely cost us a high pick as well. Either way, let's address that issue now. Imagine how much better the offense will be if we actually have a #1 receiver?

After that, draft defense to your heart's content. Although, I think RB is another need fast approaching.....

I'd rather have a playmaking TE... but its the same concept... I would still rather snag McClain in the first though.

Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:29 pm
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

Rich wrote:
Things go in cycles. Just because passing offenses are in vogue doesn't mean we should follow suit. In fact, we should do the opposite and continue building this team to win in the trenches.

I absolutely would not say the passing game is in vogue. The game has changed dramatically in the last 5 years. The rules of the game have changed in favor of passing offenses. Whoever believes a running game with a strong defense is going to win a superbowl in todays game is dead wrong.

Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:30 pm
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

MTFan wrote:
Whoever believes a running game with a strong defense is going to win a superbowl in todays game is dead wrong.

The defensive oriented, best pass rush in the NFL, running game based Giants that defeated the best offense ever Patriots in the Superbowl say otherwise.

Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:47 pm
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

Rich wrote:
MTFan wrote:
Whoever believes a running game with a strong defense is going to win a superbowl in todays game is dead wrong.

The defensive oriented, best pass rush in the NFL, running game based Giants that defeated the best offense ever Patriots in the Superbowl say otherwise.

acutally the Giants had a balanced attack. They threw for 200 ypg and rushed for 130 ypg in the regular season. In the postseason they only rushed for 100 ypg.

Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:55 pm
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

I might be a crazy Miami fan, as I have been proved time and time again, but if Henne really is the real deal (which I think he is) we are only a TE and a 1 WR away from being a pretty dang good offense.

I'm not saying forget the running game and lets spread it out, but to win you have to be able to.

Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:58 pm

MTFan wrote:
Rich wrote:
MTFan wrote:

acutally the Giants had a balanced attack. They threw for 200 ypg and rushed for 130 ypg in the regular season. In the postseason they only rushed for 100 ypg.

They were ranked 4th in rushing yards, 21st in passing yards and 16th in overall offense.

They were a run-oriented, offense.

Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:07 am

In playoff game 1 against the Bucs, Manning had 185 yards passing, in playoff game 2 against the Cowboys, he had 163 yards passing, so it wasn't as if they suddenly went into the playoffs tossing the ball everywhere.

Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:12 am
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

Rich wrote:
In playoff game 1 against the Bucs, Manning had 185 yards passing, in playoff game 2 against the Cowboys, he had 163 yards passing, so it wasn't as if they suddenly went into the playoffs tossing the ball everywhere.

I do agree with you mostly, I'm just making the point that the Giants could throw the ball with Manning and their recieving crew when they needed to.

Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:32 pm

MTFan wrote:
Rich wrote:

I do agree with you mostly, I'm just making the point that the Giants could throw the ball with Manning and their recieving crew when they needed to.

I don't think anyone is arguing that you do not need to be able to throw the ball. But you don't need to be the Saints or the Colts.

Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:46 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Take away Plaxico Burress and the Giants don't win that Super Bowl. That is the kind of player this team lacks. Unfortunately for the Giants, his off-field antics cost them a key player....

Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:33 pm
Reply to topic   [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2