View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:42 pm

Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ] 
 Rotoworld Mock: South Florida DE Jason Paul-Pierre 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Post Rotoworld Mock: South Florida DE Jason Paul-Pierre
Thoughts?

Quote:
12. Miami Dolphins - South Florida DE Jason Paul-Pierre

A dominant edge presence who got by on raw athleticism in 2009, Paul-Pierre played just one year in D-I after transferring from JUCO. His impact was immediate. Paul-Pierre severely outplayed more highly-touted DE George Selvie en route to consensus first-team All-Big East honors, pacing the Bulls in tackles for loss, sacks, blocking a kick, and returning an interception for a touchdown. With a massive 81-inch wingspan at 6'6/265, he fits Fins VP of Football Operations Bill Parcells' profile as a monster pass rusher with as high a ceiling as any player in the draft. Paul-Pierre certainly has the skill set to play outside linebacker in Miami's 3-4. The Dolphins are in desperate need of replacements for Joey Porter and perhaps free agent Jason Taylor.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/featur ... 34629&pg=2

Download the Free Phinfever Browser Toolbar

Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:27 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Design Admin
Phinfever Design Admin

Post Re: Rotoworld Mock: South Florida DE Jason Paul-Pierre
I checked out their mock... and I thought it was horrid... it was as if they did next to no research on the needs of the teams the way their draft looked.

Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:24 am
Phinfever Draft Guru/Radio Host
Phinfever Draft Guru/Radio Host

He has great size and is talented, but I wonder about his ability to play in space as a 3-4 OLB. He is still a little raw, and at pick #12, this needs to be a guy that can come in and be an immediate contributor.

He is definitely an intriguing talent though.

Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:27 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I know we need Defense but if Dez Bryant is sitting there at 12 I would be hard pressed not to bag him. He is an animal reciever. I think Cody's stock is falling a bit due to fat reserves. I have no idea really. There are so many options right now that we really are going to have to play 12 by ear. Go in with a list, come out with a player.

Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:48 am
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Wow, the guy's freakish wingspan is instantly noticeable on tape. My impression of his interview was that football seems to have found him rather than being a sport he truly loves. I couldn't help but think of Cam Wake when observing Pierre-Paul's unusual athleticism/size combination.
I'm still not sure how I feel about the guy, but it would make for an interesting draft pick.

Just a note if you're looking for more info online, Rotoworld, and subsequently the thread title, have his hyphenated last name in the wrong order.

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:29 am
2011 NFL Survival Champ
2011 NFL Survival Champ

I personally ain't too big on Paul-Pierre. He does have the size and freakish athletic ability that Parcells would covet, but in my opinion he is not truly passionate about football, from what i've seen in interviews. he treats it more as a job than anything else and that could very well hinder his development as a player, as he just may not have the desire to take it to the next level, skill wise

Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:19 pm
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

The guys got 3 first names. whats up with that?

Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:24 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator & FFL Commish

He's my least favorite prospect in this entire draft, along with Taylor Mays and Golden Tate.

Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:29 pm
2011 NFL Survival Champ
2011 NFL Survival Champ

Phins Rock wrote:
He's my least favorite prospect in this entire draft, along with Taylor Mays and Golden Tate.

what? you don't like golden tate? blasphemy! we absolutely have to spend another high draft pick on someone with wild cat abilities. I thought you knew :fart:

Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:50 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

This guy could be scary in space. Going to need some coaching obviously though. I think he's a reach at 12. Should he fall to the end of the first though. I think it's good value there.

His potential though is through the roof. 6'6.. huge wing span. Plenty of size and athleticism. Demarcus Ware anyone? Except.. this kid is bigger.

Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:54 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

mikey wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:

what? you don't like golden tate? blasphemy! we absolutely have to spend another high draft pick on someone with wild cat abilities. I thought you knew :fart:

I had to re read that a couple of times, I thought this guy's name was actually golden taint.

Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:58 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

joeschmoe wrote:
mikey wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:

I had to re read that a couple of times, I thought this guy's name was actually golden taint.

:)

Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:08 pm
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Phins Rock wrote:

I'm with ya on the Taylor Mays but I do like Goldfen Tate. Just don't think he is the answer in the search for our #1 receiver

Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:00 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Phins Rock wrote:

I'm not fond of Mays either, but Tate is a fantastic talent, and Paul-Pierre would be nice to have but I'm not so sure Miami takes him at 12. I'd rather have Kindle, Graham, Bowman or in that order for an OLB.
My draft board goes:
Berry
McClain
Kindle
Earl Thomas
Graham
Bowman
Cody
Some would throw guys like Spiller, Clausen, etc...but I'm going with Miami's needs.

Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:05 pm
2013 Blog Writer VIP
2013 Blog Writer VIP

This guy reminds me of JT when he was at Cinncinnatti. Just a freak of an athlete without much polish. His interview about being hurt and not wanting to play is concerning. That actually might cause him to slip. He'd be worth a flyer in round 3.

Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:09 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

NFLJunkie wrote:
This guy reminds me of JT when he was at Cinncinnatti. Just a freak of an athlete without much polish. His interview about being hurt and not wanting to play is concerning. That actually might cause him to slip. He'd be worth a flyer in round 3.

Paul Pierre won't slip to the third, and Jason Taylor played for Akron.

Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:47 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Loved the backflip contest, had a good laugh over that.

Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:55 pm
Phinfever Radio Host/Blog Writer
Phinfever Radio Host/Blog Writer

Iowafin wrote:
NFLJunkie wrote:

Paul Pierre won't slip to the third, and Jason Taylor played for Akron.

D'oh!

Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:10 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

This guy reminds me more of Ware then he does JT. Though he sure has the athleticism that JT had. If not more.. and bigger. Same height.. But, bigger.. and probably more reach. I also think P-P. Could put on another 10 or so lbs and still play just as fast.

Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:17 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

hypocritex wrote:
This guy reminds me more of Ware then he does JT. Though he sure has the athleticism that JT had. If not more.. and bigger. Same height.. But, bigger.. and probably more reach. I also think P-P. Could put on another 10 or so lbs and still play just as fast.

Let's quit comparing people based on height and weight and their position.

Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:52 pm

Iowafin wrote:
hypocritex wrote:

What are you talking about...they are perfect comparisons.

Just like Vernon Gholston comparing to Lawrence Taylor...Or Jason Allen to Champ Bailey....

Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:41 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Why? When I am comparing I am talking about their skill sets. There is no harm in that. By no means did I say the kid would ever be as productive as either of those guys. I was talking about his skill set. Nothing more. Chill out.

Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:46 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Quote:
I've heard from a source in Mobile that there are serious issues with intelligence in regards to South Florida junior defensive end Jason Pierre-Paul, who struggled to gain eligibility with the NCAA. You just never know if this can affect draft stock because JPP is one of the most athletic players in the 2010 NFL Draft and he might be the only 3-4 outside linebacker with a solidified first-round grade when it's all said and done. How bad is JPP's intelligence? I was told he might score a single-digit Wonderlic.

http://walterfootball.com/seniorbowl2010blog2.php

Phinfever Live!!!

Listen Live: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/phinfeverradio

RIP, Tom

Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:13 am
Profile YIM
2013 Blog Writer VIP
2013 Blog Writer VIP

Iowafin wrote:
hypocritex wrote:

Wow....you sound bothered by comparisons. Did something happen during your formative years that you'd like to share? :)

Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:53 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

NFLJunkie wrote:
Iowafin wrote:
hypocritex wrote:

Wow....you sound bothered by comparisons. Did something happen during your formative years that you'd like to share? :)

Lol :embarrassed:

Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:40 am

The Hen wrote:
Quote:
I've heard from a source in Mobile that there are serious issues with intelligence in regards to South Florida junior defensive end Jason Pierre-Paul, who struggled to gain eligibility with the NCAA. You just never know if this can affect draft stock because JPP is one of the most athletic players in the 2010 NFL Draft and he might be the only 3-4 outside linebacker with a solidified first-round grade when it's all said and done. How bad is JPP's intelligence? I was told he might score a single-digit Wonderlic.

http://walterfootball.com/seniorbowl2010blog2.php

That's interesting. Just because of that I think we don't go his way...especially considering he would have to take in a lot of info to convert to OLB.

Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:55 pm
Reply to topic   [ 26 posts ]