View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:47 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 All we are missing now is Colt Brennan 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Post All we are missing now is Colt Brennan
Dolphins signed WR Ryan Grice-Mullen to a future contract this offseason

During his junior year, Grice-Mullen caught 106 passes for 1372 yards and 13 TDs for Hawaii. He earned first team All-WAC honors and was part of the WAC's Special Award for Offensive Unit of the Year.
On January 8, 2008, he announced that he would skip his senior year of college and enter the 2008 NFL Draft.Grice-Mullen was signed as an undrafted free agent by the Houston Texans shortly after the 2008 NFL Draft. However, he was released on June 13. On July 24, 2008, Grice-Mullen was signed by the Chicago Bears. He was waived a month later on August 24.

Grice-Mullen was signed to the practice squad of the BC Lions on September 9, 2008, and was later placed on the active roster. During the 2008 season, Grice-Mullen caught 9 passes for 175 yards and 1 TD.[4] Grice-Mullen caught a 67-yard TD pass in the Lions' season finale.[5]
Grice-Mullen finished the 2009 season with 20 catches for 210 yards and one TD. In late November, Grice-Mullen set the CFL record for longest playoff punt return when he returned a punt for 106 yards in the second half for a touchdown.[6] He was later named special teams player of the week.

Grice-Mullen signed a future contract with the Miami Dolphins on January 6, 2010. The move re-unites him with fellow former Hawaii receiver and teammate Davone Bess

Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:31 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

Post Re: All we are missing now is Colt Brennan
Ouch, skips his senior year and doesn't get drafted, bad agent or what?

Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:07 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

as someone who considers Colt Brennan's college success to be a system-product that doesn't necessarily translate to quarterbacking a pro-style offense (a la Graham Harrell, Cliff Kingsbury, etc.) ..... I find the title of this thread slightly disturbing!

That being said, the tape of Grice-Mullins (or is it Grice-Mullen? there are conflicting spellings online) I've watched on youtube is impressive... he's like Davone Bess's twin in a way.
That being said, I'm just a tad bit more intrigued by what I've seen from our other recent WR acquisition, USF's Taurus Johnson.

Ryan:

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

Taurus:

Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:39 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Dont make me pull out the Pat White youtube highlights :ann0y:

But I am thrilled that its not even Feb and they have added what 4 WR's to the team already...

Think anyone is beginning to wonder about their future yet :yay:

Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:22 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Don't worry I was just saying we are grabbing all the Hawaii players from that incredible team. I think Ryan came out more cocky then Devone Bess (aka the coming out early and not getting drafted) he did not have as good of hands as Bess, but better moves after catch. Medium Speed, like Bess. We have a team of Wes Welkers it seems (Bess, Ryan, Camarillo) the ability to go 4 or 5 wide in a game would be nice though as an option at times IMO.

Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:30 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]