View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:21 am

Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ] 
 Carpenter added to Pro Bowl roster 
Phinfever Live! Radio Host

Post Carpenter added to Pro Bowl roster
Quote:
By DAVID J. NEAL
dneal@MiamiHerald.com

The Miami Dolphins got another player in Sunday's Pro Bowl at Sun Life Stadium when kicker Dan Carpenter was named to the AFC roster to replace San Diego's Nate Kaeding.

Kaeding practiced with the AFC team Wednesday morning but was later replaced by Carpenter. It was not immediately known what injury he sustained.

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/footb ... 49431.html

Phinfever Live!!!

Listen Live: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/phinfeverradio

RIP, Tom

Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:25 pm
Profile YIM
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Post Re: Carpenter added to Pro Bowl roster
Dats right TWO NOW

also second year in the NFL and Carpenter is the replacement to the superbowl, we got a kicker boys, just want to see him in the clutch now, like say the AFC championship game. Next year....

Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:03 pm

Iceberg85 wrote:
Dats right TWO NOW

also second year in the NFL and Carpenter is the replacement to the superbowl, we got a kicker boys, just want to see him in the clutch now, like say the AFC championship game. Next year....

"Super Bowl"?

Not yet Iceberg.... :ann0y:

Phinfever Live!!!

Listen Live: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/phinfeverradio

RIP, Tom

Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:54 pm
Profile YIM
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

The Hen wrote:
Iceberg85 wrote:
Dats right TWO NOW

"Super Bowl"?

Not yet Iceberg.... :ann0y:

says you, when we pick up T.O. Brandon Marshall, and o wait, they might pull a Gilbert Arenas if they are in the same locker room....your right give it a few years.

P.S. Can't wait for manning to retire so that these colts fans I live around shut up!!!

Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:09 pm
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

The Hen wrote:
Quote:
By DAVID J. NEAL
dneal@MiamiHerald.com
It was not immediately known what injury he sustained

broken ego

Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:53 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

MTFan wrote:
The Hen wrote:
Quote:
By DAVID J. NEAL
dneal@MiamiHerald.com
It was not immediately known what injury he sustained

broken ego

maybe he got shanked,

o wait, he is the one that does the shanking :embarrassed:

Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:56 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Kaeding is actually a friend of my cousins. I've met him. He's a great guy, spectacular student. He was an amazing kicker at Iowa, won the Lou Groze...it's tough watching him struggle in the playoffs like he has.

Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:06 am
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

With the way guys are dropping out of the pro bowl , Ted Ginn has got to be moving up on the list.

Think all these replacements know how much of a joke this is.

Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:51 am
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Iceberg85 wrote:

He has cost the Chargers 2 playoff games so far ... and Schotty's job.

Download the Free Phinfever Browser Toolbar

Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:11 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

FINesse wrote:
With the way guys are dropping out of the pro bowl , Ted Ginn has got to be moving up on the list.

Think all these replacements know how much of a joke this is.

I think If garrad didn't accept the pro bowl, Jamarcus Russell was next on the list

Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:28 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Premadonnas don't want to go because it's not in Hawaii.

Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:33 am
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Ski_Money wrote:
Premadonnas don't want to go because it's not in Hawaii.

Would you want to go and risk a career threatening injury? A lot of these players live in miami already, this place is no big treat to them, they would already be here for the superbowl. They're being smart, the NFL is trying to use them to make more money off of more advertising, and they found a loophole.

Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:52 am
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

You go for pride... they were chosen by the people who fund their paychecks (the fans) to represent themselves and their team in a fun game for the fans. A chance to see the best of the best face off...

Kind of reminds me of our Olympic Basketball team a few years back that none of the "stars" wanted to play on because it didn't pay enough and they didnt want to "get hurt".

Please.

Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:19 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Big Dave wrote:
Iceberg85 wrote:

He has cost the Chargers 2 playoff games so far ... and Schotty's job.

No doubt he missed critical field goals, but if the offense scores touchdowns instead of field goals it's a different story. To say he alone cost them games and Shottenheimer's job is a bit of a stretch.

Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:16 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

IamPZ wrote:
You go for pride... they were chosen by the people who fund their paychecks (the fans) to represent themselves and their team in a fun game for the fans. A chance to see the best of the best face off...

Kind of reminds me of our Olympic Basketball team a few years back that none of the "stars" wanted to play on because it didn't pay enough and they didnt want to "get hurt".

Please.

You gotta realize, this is a business. More money equals more bills. If these guys get hurt they will lose millions of dollars, sometimes it just isn;t worth it to make some fan happy, the same fan that will throw their beer at you if you have a bad game

Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:00 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Phin wrote:
The joke I heard on the radio the day after the SD/NY game was that Nate Kaeding had tried to hang himself after the game but failed in his attempt because he was unable to KICK the chair out from underneath himself.

That's pretty terrible.

Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:12 pm
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

Phin wrote:
The joke I heard on the radio the day after the SD/NY game was that Nate Kaeding had tried to hang himself after the game but failed in his attempt because he was unable to KICK the chair out from underneath himself.

thats funny

congrats to Carp, he's a local here. My brother is good friends with him. Dan was a great athlete at the local high school (WR) who also kicked. Dan was self taught, never attended one of those high priced kicking camps. Nice to see him doing well.

Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:55 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

IamPZ wrote:
joeschmoe wrote:
IamPZ wrote:

Please.

You gotta realize, this is a business. More money equals more bills. If these guys get hurt they will lose millions of dollars, sometimes it just isn;t worth it to make some fan happy, the same fan that will throw their beer at you if you have a bad game

I'm well aware that this is a business, but the Pro Bowl should be seen as an award... not as "some simulation game" ...

It was a reward, until it was moved to Miami.

Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:47 pm

I think a nice fix to this problem would be to add more "pro bowl" based incentives to player contracts... maybe then we wouldn't see so many drop outs?

I heard they had contractual issues with Hawaii which is why its in Miami this year.

Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:59 am
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

IamPZ wrote:
I think a nice fix to this problem would be to add more "pro bowl" based incentives to player contracts... maybe then we wouldn't see so many drop outs?

I heard they had contractual issues with Hawaii which is why its in Miami this year.

The NFL wanted Hawaii to upgrade their stadium, sound familiar?

Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:27 am

I'm getting sick of this whole "playing in fair weather" business... sure wish I could've lived through the old days of the NFL

Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:52 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Someone mentioned the idea of playing the Pro Bowl in August. I realize that might exacerbate the injury concerns but I still like the idea. Especially in the case of guys who retired the year before.

Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:59 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Gentlax13 wrote:
Someone mentioned the idea of playing the Pro Bowl in August. I realize that might exacerbate the injury concerns but I still like the idea. Especially in the case of guys who retired the year before.

What happens if they switch teams? Do they wear the stuff of the team that they made the Pro Bowl with, or do they wear their new teams' gear?

Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:02 pm
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

Gotta get Peyton out of here. Anyone know where I can get a Vilma &/or Shockey sig for the next few weeks? - Gentlax

Why????? I don't know if I can stand looking at other team sigs on a dolphins fan site. Killin me, have we gotten to the place of "If we can't beat 'em join 'em"?

Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:05 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

MTFan wrote:
Gotta get Peyton out of here. Anyone know where I can get a Vilma &/or Shockey sig for the next few weeks? - Gentlax

Why????? I don't know if I can stand looking at other team sigs on a dolphins fan site. Killin me, have we gotten to the place of "If we can't beat 'em join 'em"?

This is a ridiculously misplaced post.

Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:14 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Iowafin wrote:
MTFan wrote:

This is a ridiculously misplaced post. But I'll answer it anyway. I'm first and foremost a Dolphins fan. However, I live in Louisiana and have developed a secondary affection for the Saints and went to the NFC Championship game. Earlier, I was sporting the Manning sig because they were playing the Jets and i hate the Jets. Now I hope to have a Saints Sig to Support of the Saints in the Super Bowl. I'll also be rooting my butt off for them. In Louisiana the Saints are more than just a football team, they're a symbol of unity and hope. So yeah, I'm going to support that.

But don't worry, regardless of the outcome of the game the Saints sig won't make it through Mardi Gras. If Miami were on the other side of the field I would root against the Saints. The first game the Saints played in Louisiana after Katrina was in Baton Rouge against Miami. I as there and rooted for Miami.

Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:47 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Iowafin wrote:
Gentlax13 wrote:

What happens if they switch teams? Do they wear the stuff of the team that they made the Pro Bowl with, or do they wear their new teams' gear?

I don't know what happens if they switch teams. I presume they would wear the team they made it with. That's what they should do anyway. I guess it does present the possibility of a DE having to sack his now QB.

Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:49 pm
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

Iowafin wrote:
MTFan wrote:

I knew the thread police might come after me, but it was a risk I was willing to take. But you caught me, busted. :youwin:

Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:41 pm
Phinfever Newbie
Phinfever Newbie

carpenter? to the pro bowl ? this pro bowl is turning into a total joke. 2 dolphins in the pro bowl isn't bad for a team that barely deserved 1. randy starks was the only guy i thought that had a right to go. nothing against jake long but watching him get smoked by freeney,abrahams and merriman early on in this season made me think that right tackle might be his future. but when you're a number one overall draft pick and an offensive lineman, you have a name that helps you get pro bowl votes as an o-lineman.

Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:54 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

dudley_dawson wrote:
carpenter? to the pro bowl ? this pro bowl is turning into a total joke. 2 dolphins in the pro bowl isn't bad for a team that barely deserved 1. randy starks was the only guy i thought that had a right to go. nothing against jake long but watching him get smoked by freeney,abrahams and merriman early on in this season made me think that right tackle might be his future. but when you're a number one overall draft pick and an offensive lineman, you have a name that helps you get pro bowl votes as an o-lineman.

Carpenter had a Pro Bowl year...it just so happened Kaeding had an outstanding year and beat him out.

Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:19 am
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

dudley_dawson wrote:
smoked by freeney,abrahams and merriman early on in this season

:boo:
the only guy on this list that made Long look silly was Abraham in week 1. Besides that Long had a pretty dang good second season in the league. If your going to rip a player like that maybe you should know what your talking about first, instead of giving us a list of the best defensive players on teams we played. Just to refresh your memory - Merriman left that game in the 3rd quarter with a groin injury and was ineffective in the first half - Freeney really did light up Long with 2 solo tackles with one of those being a sack (and if I remember right that wasn't even Longs responsibility)

Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:39 am
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Lets all just be grateful for having a guy still playin. Good job DC keep it up.

Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:26 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Personally I think the Superbowl should be played in all 32 stadiums regardless of whether the northern teams have domes.

Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:51 am

And... he missed 1 lol... ah well

Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:17 am
Reply to topic   [ 36 posts ]