Phinfever.com

Catch the madness!

All times are UTC-05:00


Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ




Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar
2016 MODERATOR, PHINFEVER LIVE!!!
2016 MODERATOR, PHINFEVER LIVE!!!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:15 am
Posts: 7004
Location: ELP, TX.
Quote:
By DAVID J. NEAL
dneal@MiamiHerald.com

The Miami Dolphins got another player in Sunday's Pro Bowl at Sun Life Stadium when kicker Dan Carpenter was named to the AFC roster to replace San Diego's Nate Kaeding.

Kaeding practiced with the AFC team Wednesday morning but was later replaced by Carpenter. It was not immediately known what injury he sustained.


http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/footb ... 49431.html

_________________
Image

Phinfever Live!!!

Listen Live: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/finsradio

RIP, Tom


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:03 pm 
Offline
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:15 pm
Posts: 292
Location: Shelbyville, IN
Dats right TWO NOW


also second year in the NFL and Carpenter is the replacement to the superbowl, we got a kicker boys, just want to see him in the clutch now, like say the AFC championship game. Next year....

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar
2016 MODERATOR, PHINFEVER LIVE!!!
2016 MODERATOR, PHINFEVER LIVE!!!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:15 am
Posts: 7004
Location: ELP, TX.
Iceberg85 wrote:
Dats right TWO NOW


also second year in the NFL and Carpenter is the replacement to the superbowl, we got a kicker boys, just want to see him in the clutch now, like say the AFC championship game. Next year....


"Super Bowl"?

Not yet Iceberg.... :ann0y:

_________________
Image

Phinfever Live!!!

Listen Live: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/finsradio

RIP, Tom


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:09 pm 
Offline
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:15 pm
Posts: 292
Location: Shelbyville, IN
The Hen wrote:
Iceberg85 wrote:
Dats right TWO NOW


also second year in the NFL and Carpenter is the replacement to the superbowl, we got a kicker boys, just want to see him in the clutch now, like say the AFC championship game. Next year....


"Super Bowl"?

Not yet Iceberg.... :ann0y:


says you, when we pick up T.O. Brandon Marshall, and o wait, they might pull a Gilbert Arenas if they are in the same locker room....your right give it a few years.


P.S. Can't wait for manning to retire so that these colts fans I live around shut up!!!

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:53 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:38 pm
Posts: 546
The Hen wrote:
Quote:
By DAVID J. NEAL
dneal@MiamiHerald.com
It was not immediately known what injury he sustained


broken ego


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:56 pm 
Offline
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:15 pm
Posts: 292
Location: Shelbyville, IN
MTFan wrote:
The Hen wrote:
Quote:
By DAVID J. NEAL
dneal@MiamiHerald.com
It was not immediately known what injury he sustained


broken ego



maybe he got shanked,

o wait, he is the one that does the shanking :embarrassed:

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:06 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 5439
Kaeding is actually a friend of my cousins. I've met him. He's a great guy, spectacular student. He was an amazing kicker at Iowa, won the Lou Groze...it's tough watching him struggle in the playoffs like he has.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:51 am 
Online
User avatar
2016 MODERATOR
2016 MODERATOR

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:53 pm
Posts: 5126
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida
With the way guys are dropping out of the pro bowl , Ted Ginn has got to be moving up on the list.

Think all these replacements know how much of a joke this is.

_________________
GASE IS ON THE CASE!!! 2016 SB CHAMPIONS.


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:11 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:41 am
Posts: 12001
Location: Raleigh, NC
Iceberg85 wrote:
o wait, he is the one that does the shanking :embarrassed:


He has cost the Chargers 2 playoff games so far ... and Schotty's job.

_________________
PHINFEVER FACEBOOK - JOIN US!

Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:28 am 
Offline
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:15 pm
Posts: 292
Location: Shelbyville, IN
FINesse wrote:
With the way guys are dropping out of the pro bowl , Ted Ginn has got to be moving up on the list.

Think all these replacements know how much of a joke this is.

I think If garrad didn't accept the pro bowl, Jamarcus Russell was next on the list

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:33 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:35 pm
Posts: 4315
Location: Charleston AFB, SC
Premadonnas don't want to go because it's not in Hawaii.


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:52 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:09 am
Posts: 774
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Ski_Money wrote:
Premadonnas don't want to go because it's not in Hawaii.


Would you want to go and risk a career threatening injury? A lot of these players live in miami already, this place is no big treat to them, they would already be here for the superbowl. They're being smart, the NFL is trying to use them to make more money off of more advertising, and they found a loophole.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:19 am 
Offline
2016 MODERATOR
2016 MODERATOR

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:24 am
Posts: 4104
You go for pride... they were chosen by the people who fund their paychecks (the fans) to represent themselves and their team in a fun game for the fans. A chance to see the best of the best face off...

Kind of reminds me of our Olympic Basketball team a few years back that none of the "stars" wanted to play on because it didn't pay enough and they didnt want to "get hurt".

Please.


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 5439
Big Dave wrote:
Iceberg85 wrote:
o wait, he is the one that does the shanking :embarrassed:


He has cost the Chargers 2 playoff games so far ... and Schotty's job.


No doubt he missed critical field goals, but if the offense scores touchdowns instead of field goals it's a different story. To say he alone cost them games and Shottenheimer's job is a bit of a stretch.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:09 am
Posts: 774
Location: Fort Lauderdale
IamPZ wrote:
You go for pride... they were chosen by the people who fund their paychecks (the fans) to represent themselves and their team in a fun game for the fans. A chance to see the best of the best face off...

Kind of reminds me of our Olympic Basketball team a few years back that none of the "stars" wanted to play on because it didn't pay enough and they didnt want to "get hurt".

Please.


You gotta realize, this is a business. More money equals more bills. If these guys get hurt they will lose millions of dollars, sometimes it just isn;t worth it to make some fan happy, the same fan that will throw their beer at you if you have a bad game

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 5439
Phin wrote:
The joke I heard on the radio the day after the SD/NY game was that Nate Kaeding had tried to hang himself after the game but failed in his attempt because he was unable to KICK the chair out from underneath himself.


That's pretty terrible.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:55 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:38 pm
Posts: 546
Phin wrote:
The joke I heard on the radio the day after the SD/NY game was that Nate Kaeding had tried to hang himself after the game but failed in his attempt because he was unable to KICK the chair out from underneath himself.


thats funny

congrats to Carp, he's a local here. My brother is good friends with him. Dan was a great athlete at the local high school (WR) who also kicked. Dan was self taught, never attended one of those high priced kicking camps. Nice to see him doing well.


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:09 am
Posts: 774
Location: Fort Lauderdale
IamPZ wrote:
joeschmoe wrote:
IamPZ wrote:
You go for pride... they were chosen by the people who fund their paychecks (the fans) to represent themselves and their team in a fun game for the fans. A chance to see the best of the best face off...

Kind of reminds me of our Olympic Basketball team a few years back that none of the "stars" wanted to play on because it didn't pay enough and they didnt want to "get hurt".

Please.


You gotta realize, this is a business. More money equals more bills. If these guys get hurt they will lose millions of dollars, sometimes it just isn;t worth it to make some fan happy, the same fan that will throw their beer at you if you have a bad game


I'm well aware that this is a business, but the Pro Bowl should be seen as an award... not as "some simulation game" ...


It was a reward, until it was moved to Miami.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:59 am 
Offline
2016 MODERATOR
2016 MODERATOR

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:24 am
Posts: 4104
I think a nice fix to this problem would be to add more "pro bowl" based incentives to player contracts... maybe then we wouldn't see so many drop outs?

I heard they had contractual issues with Hawaii which is why its in Miami this year.


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:27 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:09 am
Posts: 774
Location: Fort Lauderdale
IamPZ wrote:
I think a nice fix to this problem would be to add more "pro bowl" based incentives to player contracts... maybe then we wouldn't see so many drop outs?

I heard they had contractual issues with Hawaii which is why its in Miami this year.


The NFL wanted Hawaii to upgrade their stadium, sound familiar?

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:52 pm 
Offline
2016 MODERATOR
2016 MODERATOR

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:24 am
Posts: 4104
I'm getting sick of this whole "playing in fair weather" business... sure wish I could've lived through the old days of the NFL


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:59 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:51 am
Posts: 226
Someone mentioned the idea of playing the Pro Bowl in August. I realize that might exacerbate the injury concerns but I still like the idea. Especially in the case of guys who retired the year before.

_________________
Thanks for making the sig PZ.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 5439
Gentlax13 wrote:
Someone mentioned the idea of playing the Pro Bowl in August. I realize that might exacerbate the injury concerns but I still like the idea. Especially in the case of guys who retired the year before.


What happens if they switch teams? Do they wear the stuff of the team that they made the Pro Bowl with, or do they wear their new teams' gear?

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:05 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:38 pm
Posts: 546
Gotta get Peyton out of here. Anyone know where I can get a Vilma &/or Shockey sig for the next few weeks? - Gentlax

Why????? I don't know if I can stand looking at other team sigs on a dolphins fan site. Killin me, have we gotten to the place of "If we can't beat 'em join 'em"?


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 5439
MTFan wrote:
Gotta get Peyton out of here. Anyone know where I can get a Vilma &/or Shockey sig for the next few weeks? - Gentlax

Why????? I don't know if I can stand looking at other team sigs on a dolphins fan site. Killin me, have we gotten to the place of "If we can't beat 'em join 'em"?


This is a ridiculously misplaced post.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:47 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:51 am
Posts: 226
Iowafin wrote:
MTFan wrote:
Gotta get Peyton out of here. Anyone know where I can get a Vilma &/or Shockey sig for the next few weeks? - Gentlax

Why????? I don't know if I can stand looking at other team sigs on a dolphins fan site. Killin me, have we gotten to the place of "If we can't beat 'em join 'em"?


This is a ridiculously misplaced post.


This is a ridiculously misplaced post. But I'll answer it anyway. I'm first and foremost a Dolphins fan. However, I live in Louisiana and have developed a secondary affection for the Saints and went to the NFC Championship game. Earlier, I was sporting the Manning sig because they were playing the Jets and i hate the Jets. Now I hope to have a Saints Sig to Support of the Saints in the Super Bowl. I'll also be rooting my butt off for them. In Louisiana the Saints are more than just a football team, they're a symbol of unity and hope. So yeah, I'm going to support that.

But don't worry, regardless of the outcome of the game the Saints sig won't make it through Mardi Gras. If Miami were on the other side of the field I would root against the Saints. The first game the Saints played in Louisiana after Katrina was in Baton Rouge against Miami. I as there and rooted for Miami.

_________________
Thanks for making the sig PZ.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:49 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:51 am
Posts: 226
Iowafin wrote:
Gentlax13 wrote:
Someone mentioned the idea of playing the Pro Bowl in August. I realize that might exacerbate the injury concerns but I still like the idea. Especially in the case of guys who retired the year before.


What happens if they switch teams? Do they wear the stuff of the team that they made the Pro Bowl with, or do they wear their new teams' gear?


I don't know what happens if they switch teams. I presume they would wear the team they made it with. That's what they should do anyway. I guess it does present the possibility of a DE having to sack his now QB.

_________________
Thanks for making the sig PZ.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:41 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:38 pm
Posts: 546
Iowafin wrote:
MTFan wrote:
Gotta get Peyton out of here. Anyone know where I can get a Vilma &/or Shockey sig for the next few weeks? - Gentlax

Why????? I don't know if I can stand looking at other team sigs on a dolphins fan site. Killin me, have we gotten to the place of "If we can't beat 'em join 'em"?


This is a ridiculously misplaced post.


I knew the thread police might come after me, but it was a risk I was willing to take. But you caught me, busted. :youwin:


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:54 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Newbie
Phinfever Newbie

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:09 pm
Posts: 7
carpenter? to the pro bowl ? this pro bowl is turning into a total joke. 2 dolphins in the pro bowl isn't bad for a team that barely deserved 1. randy starks was the only guy i thought that had a right to go. nothing against jake long but watching him get smoked by freeney,abrahams and merriman early on in this season made me think that right tackle might be his future. but when you're a number one overall draft pick and an offensive lineman, you have a name that helps you get pro bowl votes as an o-lineman.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:19 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 5439
dudley_dawson wrote:
carpenter? to the pro bowl ? this pro bowl is turning into a total joke. 2 dolphins in the pro bowl isn't bad for a team that barely deserved 1. randy starks was the only guy i thought that had a right to go. nothing against jake long but watching him get smoked by freeney,abrahams and merriman early on in this season made me think that right tackle might be his future. but when you're a number one overall draft pick and an offensive lineman, you have a name that helps you get pro bowl votes as an o-lineman.


Carpenter had a Pro Bowl year...it just so happened Kaeding had an outstanding year and beat him out.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:39 am 
Offline
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:38 pm
Posts: 546
dudley_dawson wrote:
smoked by freeney,abrahams and merriman early on in this season


:boo:
the only guy on this list that made Long look silly was Abraham in week 1. Besides that Long had a pretty dang good second season in the league. If your going to rip a player like that maybe you should know what your talking about first, instead of giving us a list of the best defensive players on teams we played. Just to refresh your memory - Merriman left that game in the 3rd quarter with a groin injury and was ineffective in the first half - Freeney really did light up Long with 2 solo tackles with one of those being a sack (and if I remember right that wasn't even Longs responsibility)


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:26 am 
Offline
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:29 pm
Posts: 51
Location: Albany. NY
Lets all just be grateful for having a guy still playin. Good job DC keep it up.


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:51 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:44 pm
Posts: 659
Personally I think the Superbowl should be played in all 32 stadiums regardless of whether the northern teams have domes.

_________________
Image
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:17 am 
Offline
2016 MODERATOR
2016 MODERATOR

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:24 am
Posts: 4104
And... he missed 1 lol... ah well


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ] 

All times are UTC-05:00


Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Bing [Bot], FINesse, Google [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 9 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited | Chopped and modified by Coots | Original design by Prosk8r