View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:03 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 The problem I see 
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Post The problem I see
I appreciate the fact that this new regime has implemented a produce or else mentality. I think it is a big reason why we have had the success we have had this year. However, I think sometimes we are willing to cut off our nose to spite our face.

Ted Ginn was the best return guy we had, gone! It has been a glaring hole in our team all year. And we received little in return.

Charlie Anderson was one of the better special teams linebackers we had, cut for nothing so that we could experiment with retread Bobby Carpenter.

Jason Alleen same thing, not a starter but a good special teamer cut so that now we can experiment with Al Harris.

Now you give Henne the hook at midseason. This cannot help his development. It is tough but building a quality starting QB and we are so anxious for success now that people don't realize that it takes years. Most QBs don't end up setting the world on fire when they first get the starting job. Elway, Simms, and Akiman all were very average when they first got their chance to start in the NFL and all went on to win Super Bowls.

For the first time under the new regime I feel like we are headed in the wrong direction and it is going to be another long off season of IFs and MAYBEs.

Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:37 am
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Post Re: The problem I see
Sometimes a move like will light a fire. Hopefully Henne is sparking right now.

Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:26 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Ted Ginn sucks. Get over it.

Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:16 am
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Iowafin wrote:

I forgot that we had the vaunted Davone Bess and Patrick Cobbs returning punts and kicks...they have more than made up for the threat that Ginn was!

Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:20 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

catman_56 wrote:
Iowafin wrote:

I forgot that we had the vaunted Davone Bess and Patrick Cobbs returning punts and kicks...they have more than made up for the threat that Ginn was!

You must have forgot that Carroll returns kicks, not Cobbs.

Also, neither of them have given the ball to the other team this year. Neither of them have a dropped a pass.
You must have also forgot that Ginn has gone missing in action in San Francisco.

Ginn sucks. Get over it.

Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:18 pm
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

dont think his point was that Ginn was a great WR... but that Ginn is much better then anyone returning punts or kicks for us now...... and all we got was a 5th rounder in return...again we see to make some rash decisions at times... i don't see how pulling Henne helps his development....again we hold the players to perform.... why not the coaches?? Henning has not been held to any accountability for his extremely spotty play calling and lack of growth and development in Henne?

Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:56 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Teddy averages 26 yards per return

Nolan 22
Cobs 21

Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:30 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Ski_Money wrote:
Teddy averages 26 yards per return

Nolan 22
Cobs 21

I can't remember what it was...but I did the math in other thread, and something like every 11th touch, Ginn makes a crucial mistake (fumble, drop, head out of bounds prior to the 3rd down marker, going backwards instead of getting yardage,etc.)

That kind of player is worth nothing, and Miami should be thankful to get anything for him.

Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:45 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Just be patient guys, Ginn Jr. will get cut by the 49ers sooner than later. He'll be a free agent either next season or the one after that. His rookie contract will be gone and we'll be able to pick him up for next to nothing if our little hearts desire it. Personally, I think we need to draft a speed receiver next year. A guy that can flat out fly and maybe return kicks for us. If we use a 1st or 2nd round pick we could probably get a high quality #2 receiver. Someone that can stretch the field vertically and take some pressure off of Brandon Marshall. Someone that can really open the passing game and take our offense to another level.

As far as Sparano benching Henne this week. My thinking at this point is that Sparano wants to create a spark on offense. He's trying to shake things up and get our offense going. I believe that Sparano doesn't know whether it's Henning's playcalling or Henne's lack of execution that is costing us at this point. Since he can't replace Henning, he's replacing Henne. A move like this will bring to light exactly what is wrong with our offense very quickly. If we continue to struggle, it's Henning. If we shine and start scoring more points, it was Henne. Sparano just needs to watch the Tennessee game to verify what the problem is.
:war:

Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:07 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]