View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:15 pm

Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Hyde5: Would you trade Long for Ryan today? 
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Post Re: Hyde5: Would you trade Long for Ryan today?
Iowafin wrote:
Von Chahe wrote:
My answer is Absolutly not. Jake Long is a monster at LT. A real bad ass. After hearing that Chad Henne cannot auitable out of the plays at the line I believe that it has to be the play calling.

It's so much more than play calling...Henne included in the list of poor play. Fasano sucks, the running game is inconsistent, Hartline is inconsistent (In a sophomore slump like I said he'd be), the defense doesn't help when they can't get off the field......it seems like:
Henne gets time, makes right read, makes perfect throw, dropped pass OR
Henne gets time, makes wrong read, ball is tipped/intercepted OR
Henne gets time, makes right read, throws bad pass incomplete/intercepted OR
Henne gets no time, sacked...
we can't seem to get everything clicking at the same time....that starts with training camp, with practice, game planning. Who's fault is that?
The coaching staff, the players and everyone else.
Changing in and out of lineman, running backs, receivers, linebackers, corners, safeties: it just doesn't work!....LET'S GET SOME darn CONSISTENCY GOING

Careful, I've been accused of 'flying off the handle', 'unraveling', and 'acting like a child' for making these same comments.
It seems pretty obvious to me that in addition to Henne's struggles, this offense as a whole and this team as a whole seems woefully unprepared out there. Too me, it starts at the top and trickles down.

Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:41 am
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

Phin wrote:
Too me, it starts at the top and trickles down.

President Reagan? Is that you??

Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:42 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Rich wrote:
Phin wrote:
Too me, it starts at the top and trickles down.

President Reagan? Is that you??

I was going to say its the 'Reganomics' approach to football, but I figured that would sail over most people's heads. :yay:

Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:45 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Von Chahe wrote:
My answer is Absolutly not. Jake Long is a monster at LT. A real bad ass. After hearing that Chad Henne cannot auitable out of the plays at the line I believe that it has to be the play calling.

Except he CAN audible out of plays. Via Mike Berardino:

"penny has same freedom to audible that henne had. type of plays depends on opponent."

Via Omar Kelly:

"Henning said Chad Pennington has the same amount of ability to call audibles than Chad Henne. "But they will see some things differently.""

Where some people get information I don't know. But I will say that the amount if garbage pulled from thin air is high. So many have simply assumed that Heene had no authority to audible and rolled with it as if Henne said it himself.

People.

The problem we have is not Henne. It isn't Henning or the play calling. It isn't Sparano. It's that this year we have NO RUNNING GAME. When you have a philosophy that dictates running the ball and good defense, you need to be able to run the ball and play defense. We haven't done either with any consistency.

That alone is why we're a .500 team right now.

Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:21 pm
Profile WWW
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

eleaf wrote:
The problem we have is not Henne. It isn't Henning or the play calling. It isn't Sparano. It's that this year we have NO RUNNING GAME. When you have a philosophy that dictates running the ball and good defense, you need to be able to run the ball and play defense. We haven't done either with any consistency.

I think it is a little bit of everything you mentioned but I agree that the running game is a huge issue. Not only has it lacked productivity, but they haven't exactly given it the ol' college try.

Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:22 pm
2011 NCAA Pick 'Em Champ
2011 NCAA Pick 'Em Champ

eleaf wrote:
Von Chahe wrote:

Except he CAN audible out of plays. Via Mike Berardino:

"penny has same freedom to audible that henne had. type of plays depends on opponent."

Via Omar Kelly:

"Henning said Chad Pennington has the same amount of ability to call audibles than Chad Henne. "But they will see some things differently.""

Where some people get information I don't know. But I will say that the amount if garbage pulled from thin air is high. So many have simply assumed that Heene had no authority to audible and rolled with it as if Henne said it himself.

People.

That alone is why we're a .500 team right now.

As a whole body of work we can run the ball, enough running plays are not being called. Each of our lead back is averaging 4.3 yards per carry, where I come from that's pretty good.

Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:25 pm
Reply to topic   [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2