View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:49 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Dolphins' Starks looking to be more productive in second hal 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Dolphins' Starks looking to be more productive in second hal
Quote:
DAVIE — Make all the excuses you want for Randy Starks, justifying why his productivity is down.

The Miami Dolphins defensive lineman switched positions twice in one season. He put on weight to play nose tackle and it's slowed him down now that he's back at defensive end. He's drawing more double teams and receiving more chip blocks than past seasons.

Whatever excuses you want to throw out there — and the Dolphins coaches have given plenty — save it because Starks isn't trying to hear it.

After putting together a breakout season in 2009, with 56 tackles and seven sacks, Stark will be the first to confess he's had a disappointing first half in 2010.

They expect me to be a playmaker. I was a playmaker last year and playmakers do what they are supposed to do, which is make impact plays," said Starks, who has 14 tackles, two sacks, four quarterback hits and two pass deflections.

Starks is averaging less than two tackles per game despite playing more than any defensive lineman in the five-man rotation.

"I don't want to be the type of person who is a one-year wonder guy. I want to be the type of person who is consistently dominating, producing every year, and I can't figure it out

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miam ... ?track=rss

Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:45 pm
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Post Re: Dolphins' Starks looking to be more productive in second hal
think his played better last 2-3weeks, stop moving him back and forth may help
solia seems to be having a breakout season at nose ,so staying at end for starks may help

i think langford is leading our team in sacks and tackles on the def line so far

Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:38 am
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Post Re: Dolphins' Starks looking to be more productive in second hal
i think langford is leading our team in sacks and tackles on the def line so far

Cam Wake is the leading sack man on our team.

Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:44 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]