View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:50 pm

Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ] 
 It is getting really easy to hate the Jets 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

Post It is getting really easy to hate the Jets
Again tonight...the ultra-lucky green guys struck again. First Cincy misses a chip shot FG. Then force the Jets to punt and the ball doesn't even appear to touch the guy but was close. The Marvin doesn't even challenge the call which was absolutely idiotic. These guys win week after week because of just stupid luck. Call me jealous and a hater. I haven't seen that kind of luck in Miami since the early 1980s. It sure would be nice to get some of that down South. Geez. Missed FGs, stupid penalties, lucky turnovers etc etc....it just keeps coming. I tell you what, if they don't win a superbowl this year, I'll go on record as saying they won't ever win one. This kind of luck doesn't keep going more than one season period. Geez. Meanwhile Miami is running around with voodoo pins in them. :boo:

Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:12 am
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Post Re: It is getting really easy to hate the Jets
Agreed-

Last week one of the announcers said, "Good Teams" have good luck, and "Bad Teams" have no luck.

Not sure if I believe that either way, but we have to "Save Face", and make our last games count. :jests:

Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:03 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

If we win one more game this season I hope it's against the Jets. I hope Cameron Wake takes Sanchez's head off, I hope Marshall takes a dump on Revis Island, and I hope Tony Sparano stiff arms Rex Ryan in his fat face after the game. Screw the Jets!
:jests: :jests: :jests:

Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:07 am
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

how about the NON-CALL on the 4 man wedge on the kick return. Not even the commentators caught that one. the two pairs were within a yard and a half of each other, and went after the same 2 gunners.........

how about the underhand pass on the near safety by Sanchez. That was questionably a fumble. If Henne did it, it would have been one. But Sanchez got away with throwing it away, inside the tackles, and at absolutely no one, but they gave him the sack at the 2, when he clearly was on the 1/2 yard line.

How about the same play on Palmer that actually got called a safety....... biased?

How about the Center holding on Brad Smith's 50 yarder....

all these factors beg the question..... The Steelers and the Jets are being amped up by the league to win. The ref's have to do the work for the Jets, and the Steelers get the 'lucky' breaks. But both teams are geared to be 12 win teams the way the league is gift wrapping the season for them.

So next week, the Referees and the Jets head to Foxborough. At least the ref's will have to throw a few curve balls in Belichicks direction, and some one has to lose....... unless of course, Goodell impliments the NHL point system, and can give both teams a victory with a tie. Hell a new CBA could be reached by Sunday afternoon, giving new rules that would allow both the cheaters and the green bribers a 10th win on the season regardless of how the teams play.

Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:13 am
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

I could not believe some of the calls and non-calls in this game. On the Sanchez safety that they marked at the 2 the anouncers said they blew the play dead before he was tackled in the endzone, even though on the replay you clearly see the whistle beeing blown long after he was sacked, not when he was at the 2. Forward progress - really???? If that same play happens in every other game this week it's a safety! I could go on but why bother. I just wish our teams butt hurt from a horseshoe that wont fall out too! :hithead:

Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:49 am
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

SkyHigh314 wrote:
how about the NON-CALL on the 4 man wedge on the kick return. Not even the commentators caught that one. the two pairs were within a yard and a half of each other, and went after the same 2 gunners.........

how about the underhand pass on the near safety by Sanchez. That was questionably a fumble. If Henne did it, it would have been one. But Sanchez got away with throwing it away, inside the tackles, and at absolutely no one, but they gave him the sack at the 2, when he clearly was on the 1/2 yard line.

How about the same play on Palmer that actually got called a safety....... biased?

How about the Center holding on Brad Smith's 50 yarder....

all these factors beg the question..... The Steelers and the Jets are being amped up by the league to win. The ref's have to do the work for the Jets, and the Steelers get the 'lucky' breaks. But both teams are geared to be 12 win teams the way the league is gift wrapping the season for them.

So next week, the Referees and the Jets head to Foxborough. At least the ref's will have to throw a few curve balls in Belichicks direction, and some one has to lose....... unless of course, Goodell impliments the NHL point system, and can give both teams a victory with a tie. Hell a new CBA could be reached by Sunday afternoon, giving new rules that would allow both the cheaters and the green bribers a 10th win on the season regardless of how the teams play.

Also, think about the Jay cutler grounding in the end zone in the Phins game that was not called! That was obvious. Goodell has made it clear he has his favorites and I think he is doing a good job of running the NFL into the ground.

The jets run of luck I promise you will catch up with them. And I really believe that the Dolphins might be just the team to do it :grin:

Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:52 am
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

I hate the Jets so much that I was pulling for the Patriots yesterday. I really do not want to see the Jets owning the AFC East at the end of the season. Miami sure won't.

Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:54 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

NFLJunkie wrote:
Again tonight...the ultra-lucky green guys struck again.

Looks like even the media is noticing how "lucky" the Jets seem to be. One lucky break on the following play is the ineptness of Bengals coach Marvin Lewis. I don't understand the hype that he gets year after year. To me, he is the most over-rated head coach in the NFL.

Dave Hyde wrote:
The Jets are a better team than the Dolphins. They also keep getting the breaks the Dolphins haven't. On Thursday, the refs ruled a punt ticked off a Cincinnati Bengals' helmet and the Jets recovered what led to the game-tilting touchdown. I watched and rewound the replay and never saw it hit the helmet. Why didn't Cincinnati coach Marvin Lewis challenge the call? Beats me. Compare that to the refs' decision that cost the Dolphins the Pittsburgh game this year and the New Orleans game last year when a Saints fumble was ruled a touchdown.

http://weblogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports/ ... l+blogs%29

Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:23 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Global Moderator

The Jets are a good team , not a great team & as you guys I beleive their luck will run out as well.
I do think however these close games will do Sanchez alot of good for his development. But they will crash & burn when they have their QB but are unable to resign the receiving core they have now. Im not sure I am buying the Goodell / Refs / Conspiracy thing but I understand the frustration while our Dolphins mire in sub mediocrity.
The Patriots are another story. Someone please tell me how they rebuiild , get younger without sacrificing wins & division titles & quality of play ... then forward that information to the Dolphin FO.

Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:35 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

wkloiber13 wrote:
If we win one more game this season I hope it's against the Jets.

While I agree with your overall sentiment, why are you so sure that we're so down and out that we may not win another game?

Folks: we lost 1 game badly, on a short week, with a patchwork OLine and our 3rd string QB. We're going to be fine. I don't know that we'll make the playoffs, but can we quit with the whole "this is the very end, we'll never see another win again" gig that's been going on?

Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:55 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

FINesse wrote:
The Patriots are another story. Someone please tell me how they rebuiild , get younger without sacrificing wins & division titles & quality of play ... then forward that information to the Dolphin FO.

Not only that, but they seem to get better as the season wears on every year.

eleaf wrote:
Folks: we lost 1 game badly, on a short week, with a patchwork OLine and our 3rd string QB. We're going to be fine. I don't know that we'll make the playoffs, but can we quit with the whole "this is the very end, we'll never see another win again" gig that's been going on?

I think a lot of fans forget that we we didn't get to 5-5 on teams not showing up. We have a very young team. I would like our chances better this weekend against the Bears. We would probably see a different Dolphins team.

Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:18 pm
Profile WWW

Quote:

:yay: I agree!! But you know the sentiment around here is that we are done. Every year I wait for the threads that tell me so. We now have threads comparing our current coach to a coach that has been gone for 6 years now as well as the conspiracy threads that the league wants the Jets & Pats to win while stacking the deck against us & also the we should lose every game now for a better draft pick thread. The only thread I am waiting for now is the "Miami Dolphins are now on the clock thread".
Still some winable games on the schedule if you ask me.

Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:19 pm

I can't wait till karma kicks the Jets in the a$$. It's unbelievable how lucky they have been getting.

Don't know if they would have lost last night, but the officiating certainly helped. The Denver, Detroit, Cleveland and Houston games were just bogus. They should be at 5-6 or 6-5 at best. Instead they're sitting pretty at 9-2....
:boo:

Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:51 pm

Quote:

Tom Brady.

Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:09 pm

Big Dave wrote:
NFLJunkie wrote:
Again tonight...the ultra-lucky green guys struck again.

Looks like even the media is noticing how "lucky" the Jets seem to be. One lucky break on the following play is the ineptness of Bengals coach Marvin Lewis. I don't understand the hype that he gets year after year. To me, he is the most over-rated head coach in the NFL.

Dave Hyde wrote:
The Jets are a better team than the Dolphins. They also keep getting the breaks the Dolphins haven't. On Thursday, the refs ruled a punt ticked off a Cincinnati Bengals' helmet and the Jets recovered what led to the game-tilting touchdown. I watched and rewound the replay and never saw it hit the helmet. Why didn't Cincinnati coach Marvin Lewis challenge the call? Beats me. Compare that to the refs' decision that cost the Dolphins the Pittsburgh game this year and the New Orleans game last year when a Saints fumble was ruled a touchdown.

http://weblogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports/ ... l+blogs%29

This has been my beef with the refs for years. If they have a favorite team....the close call always goes their way. They make the call as decisively as if they saw the play actually unfold. Take the ref from Pittsburgh who ruled that an actual TD. Rothlisberger had his back to the guy. There's no way he could see the ball cross the plane yet without hesitation he blows the play dead. No skin off his back. No "fine" from the league office for being a partisan hack. Ditto last night for the ball hitting the helmet. The ref wanted it to happen so therefore it did. If the league doesn't start sacking these guys who are ruining the NFL. They're going to lose the fanbase completely. Maybe they just don't care. Until Miami has a team that can overcome those type of calls ala the 2008 season, they'll forever just sit back and be the kid that was the target of the playgound bully.

Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:15 pm

Quote:

If you think things should stay as they are, you'll be happy with .500 for years to come. The personnel decisions are killing this team. Imagine center Jake Grove as 2nd string. Imagine Will Allen, Edds and Odrick coming off of the PUP instead of IR. Imagine Donald thomas as a backup guard. Imagine Ted Ginn returning kicks. Imagine JT or Porter opposite of Wake. Whoever is making the quick, rash personnel decisions needs to go today...period. If that is Sparano, then sobeit.

Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:21 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I grew up on Long Island as a Dolphins fan surrounded by a vast majority of my friends who were die hard Jet fans and I grew thick skin at an early age dealing with their moronic ways.

Basically, it has always been the Jets for me that I have hated the most, even though I pretty much hate the entire AFC East!!

In fact, I still own a Buffalo Sucks shirt from being at the 1992 AFC Championship as the radio station gave those away before the game and after Miami lost that game, I put myself on a mailers list and the radio station (I think WQAM?) mailed me another shirt that said: Buffalo Still Sucks.....lol, I thought that was great.

:jests:

Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:57 pm

NFLJunkie wrote:
Quote:

Tom Brady.

And Bill Bellichick.

Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:59 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Finhead wrote:
I grew up on Long Island as a Dolphins fan surrounded by a vast majority of my friends who were die hard Jet fans and I grew thick skin at an early age dealing with their moronic ways.

Basically, it has always been the Jets for me that I have hated the most, even though I pretty much hate the entire AFC East!!

In fact, I still own a Buffalo Sucks shirt from being at the 1992 AFC Championship as the radio station gave those away before the game and after Miami lost that game, I put myself on a mailers list and the radio station (I think WQAM?) mailed me another shirt that said: Buffalo Still Sucks.....lol, I thought that was great.

And to this day the Bills still suck!
:)

Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:03 pm

Finhead wrote:

I always wondered why Long Island was always a pro Jet place. In Brooklyn where I grew up the Giants were the fan favorites.

Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:26 pm
Snorton Norton
Snorton Norton

I can't believe how lucky the jets were in that game. I was watching the game in front of relatives how know little about football so they had no idea why I was so pissed at all the little "gift-wrapped presents" from the refs.

However, I still was not as frustrated as when the referee made that unbelievable call for the Pitts in the endzone a few weeks ago.

I have to say that was as bad as the snow-plow incident.

Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:00 pm
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

I also feel sick in the stomach with every "close" win those cocky Jests have been accumulating all season long, some at the expense of stupid plays by the opposition (Lions, Browns, Texans), some by favourable ref decisions (or non-decisions). Unfortunately, they are all out of the Dolphins control.

But one factor is very clear to me .... the Jests secondary manage to hang onto and make the INTs .... while the FINS have had probably just as many chances at picks all season, only to see them slip through their fingers (or worst). Takeaways make all the difference, they change the momentum of the game, they usually end up in points, and usually favour the eventual winner of the game.

So taking aside the other "luck" factors out of the equation (which I acknowledge), lack of Takeaways is the area I think that has hurt the FINS all season long, and has probably cost us an extra win or 2 at least. So let's improve in this area, make our own luck by hanging onto those game changing moments, and see where that brings us.

Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:37 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/40334430/ns/sports-nfl/

This really backs up a lot of what has already been said.

Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:07 am
Reply to topic   [ 23 posts ]