View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:03 pm

Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ] 
 The future of Channing Crowder 

What would you do with Channing Crowder?
Keep Him 52%  52%  [ 14 ]
Get rid of him 48%  48%  [ 13 ]
Total votes : 27

The future of Channing Crowder 
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Post The future of Channing Crowder
A little FYI before reading (Channing signed a 3 year contract in 2009 with us)

I have only 2 scenarios for him.

1.-Mike Nolan will work him and show him how to blitz better and how to get into coverage even better. But more impportant, its time he starts to get more tackles and more involved in the defense scheme. He has 4 seasons where he hasn't show any big play ability, its time he starts doing that.

2.-Trade him, Cut him, you name it.

I would go with option #1 since I believe he's a very athletic player who just needs better coaching but more impportant, he needs more attitude on and off the field.

Your thoughts?

Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:46 am
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Post Re: The future of Channing Crowder
I vote to get rid of him. He just hasn't lived up to his potential and I feel that it is time to move on.

Two-thirds of the earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Vontae Davis.

Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:54 am
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

I voted to get rid of him. He doesn't cover well and always seems to be out of position. He has no real football instincts from what I see. We need to draft heavy in the linebacker position between this year and next. The only issue is who do you find to fill the gaps as you develop the total linebacker corp.

Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:59 am
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

I voted to keep him, for now, because we have nobody to fill his spot yet.

Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:02 am
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

joeschmoe wrote:

my thoughts exactly, but I'd love to get rid of him now

Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:47 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

GET RID OF HIM! The guy acted like he loved the organization last year when itw as contract time and now he's playing into this whole Porter drama like an idiot. On top of that his numbers were terrible last year. He doesn't make plays, he doesnt rack up a ton of tackles, he doesnt cover well, he doesnt blitz well..why keep him?

Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:00 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

MTFan wrote:
joeschmoe wrote:

my thoughts exactly, but I'd love to get rid of him now

Parcells of all people knows that he can go out and find 10 Channing Crowders right now.

Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:01 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

It would be silly to get rid of him. Right now we have a big need for ILB, and you want to get rid of our only half-decent one?

Crowder is solid enough. You have to keep him. I think he'll play better with a big play guy next to him.

Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:09 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Phins Rock wrote:
It would be silly to get rid of him. Right now we have a big need for ILB, and you want to get rid of our only half-decent one?

Crowder is solid enough. You have to keep him. I think he'll play better with a big play guy next to him.

Exactly. Draft McClain and get rid of Crowder? Who fills his spot? Why not keep Crowder, get McClain and then you're pretty solid there.

I feel like some fans think that if a player isn't a 90 or higher on Madden then they are a waste of a roster spot.

Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:27 pm
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

Iowafin wrote:
I feel like some fans think that if a player isn't a 90 or higher on Madden then they are a waste of a roster spot.

how else can we tell if a player is any good?

Keep the kid, but he needs to quit talking

Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:39 pm
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Keep him and tell him to keep his mouth shut or we'll send Matt Light after him.

Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:47 pm
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

I think you keep him and add a quality ILB beside him. He's not a bad player ... just not a great one.

Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:47 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

we just gave him a new contract....with that being said, stop getting injured and play.

Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:39 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Iowafin wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:

Exactly. Draft McClain and get rid of Crowder? Who fills his spot? Why not keep Crowder, get McClain and then you're pretty solid there.

:)
Exactly
Good one

Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:09 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

We keep Crowder.

Even with McClain we need him, Ayedelle/Torbor are back ups at best, special teams guys. They are not starters.

I saw Ayedelle behind so many guys this year, those TE's and RB's go right past him on screens and slants...

We need a good pass covering ILB in there, like McClain and keep Crowder to stuff the middle. He is actually pretty good for run D.

And I am a 90 in Madden :grin: maybe they should sign me :pumpiron:

Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:43 am
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

fonzy wrote:
GET RID OF HIM! The guy acted like he loved the organization last year when itw as contract time and now he's playing into this whole Porter drama like an idiot. On top of that his numbers were terrible last year. He doesn't make plays, he doesnt rack up a ton of tackles, he doesnt cover well, he doesnt blitz well..why keep him?

My sentiments exactly. He has burned his bridges completely with me as a Dolphins fan now that he has gone on the radio and blasted the coaching staff. It says to me that we have some bad apples like Porter and Crowder who poison the well on this team. Those guys need to go. The staff needs to put their foot down and let these players know this is not a popularity contest.

Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:01 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Post Double-Crossing Crowder: I Like Rex Ryan
The timing of this article is amazing...you just got to wonder about Crowder? Sorry if this has been posted, just never saw it.

Double-Crossing Crowder: I Like Rex Ryan
A middle finger has brought Rex Ryan and Channing Crowder closer together

We know it's been cold in Miami, but has Hell really frozen over?

Arguably the most entertainning rivalry in the NFL just got really lame. Dolphins linebacker Channing Crowder once said he would beat the hell out of New York Jets head coach Rex Ryan in a fight.

Now, the two are on the fast track to becoming Facebook friends.

"Man, honestly, I'm starting to like the guy," Crowder told the Palm Beach Post after hearing about Ryan flipping the bird at some Dolphin fans over the weekend. "He’s silly. He’s goofy. He’s like a big kid...Rex is not a bad guy. I flip people off all the time. It’s fun.”

Famous Feuds: Palin Wants Emanuel Fired for Profanities

Sometimes all it takes is to find a little common ground to end a feud, like an obscene gesture, for which Ryan was fined $50,000.

It wasn't long ago it looked like Ryan and Crowder were headed to an octagon to settle their differences with headlocks and hammer fists.

Before the season, Crowder called the Jets and Ryan the "OTA Super Bowl Champions" after the rookie head coach boasted about how his team was poised for a Super Bowl run before they ever took the practice field. Actually, turns out Ryan was darn close to correct.

But in true New York fashion, Ryan fired back at the underachieving linebacker and called him a "tatted up" nobody. Then Ryan said he'd shut Crowder's mouth himself if he wasn't so old or so overweight.

Those fighting words led to Crowder saying, "I'd have beat the hell out of that big old joker."

And Dolphin Nation cheered Crowder taking a stand against the Evil Green Machine and its new emperor. He even showed up and made a few tackles as the Dolphins swept the season series with the hated Jets.

Now, Crowder is on the verge of being voted off the island for revealing his secret love affair with Ryan. Even Ryan hinted at the budding friendship during the Pro Bowl practices last week when he joked the two would be headed to dinner and maybe a night club while he was in town.

At least Crowder still hates Leon Washington. We think. But would it really shock us if Washington showed up this Super Bowl week with his leg cast signed by Crowder?

http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/sports/Cro ... 64722.html

Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:32 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

After reading that, to hell with Crowder...that is blasphemy. I'm disgusted. I don't want this idiot that doesn't even know his geography playing for my team. He talks and talks and he makes zero plays. He's consistently out of position.
Now he's promoting the bashing of his own coaching staff, and saying nice things about the JETS head coach.

Ridiculous. I said let's keep him, and I've drastically changed my mind. Trade his butt to the Jets if that's where he wants to go. I don't care. Get rid of this loser.

Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:00 pm
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Let him go to his new boy Rexy and let them do whatever they want with their middle fingers.

Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:05 pm
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

Boy, Channing is certainly making it hard to support bringing him back. If there is no CBA, Miami could certainly release him and not have a major hit from a cap standpoint and his contract is not a huge one to begin with. Joey Porter has turned into a cancer and Channing is supporting his behavior? Unacceptable.

The Dolphins could easily make a run at Karlos Danby and look at drafting Rolondo McClain and instantly upgrade in ILB position instantly.

Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:14 pm
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

Iowafin wrote:
After reading that, to hell with Crowder...that is blasphemy. I'm disgusted. I don't want this idiot that doesn't even know his geography playing for my team. He talks and talks and he makes zero plays. He's consistently out of position.
Now he's promoting the bashing of his own coaching staff, and saying nice things about the JETS head coach.

Ridiculous. I said let's keep him, and I've drastically changed my mind. Trade his butt to the Jets if that's where he wants to go. I don't care. Get rid of this loser.

:yay:

Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:20 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Lokki wrote:
I vote to get rid of him. He just hasn't lived up to his potential and I feel that it is time to move on.

Potential? He was a questionable 3rd round pick (questionable because of injury history).

His biggest problem is that he is not Zack Thomas.

Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:03 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Big Dave: I think you keep him and add a quality ILB beside him. He's not a bad player ... just not a great one.

I agree with Dave, he is not a great player, but he is good enough to be in our 3-4 defense, we just need a bigger play maker lined up next to him on defense. I think Channing still has the ability to put up bigger numbers and actually start making a few more bigger plays, but I think that will depend alot on his supporting cast and Mike Nolan's approach for him.

Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:02 am
Reply to topic   [ 23 posts ]