View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:32 am

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 The Future of Ginn... Bust? are you 100% sure? 
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Post The Future of Ginn... Bust? are you 100% sure?
Ok here's my thoughts real quick.

So far the guy has been a bust, but he also has shown speed and glimpses of greatnes.
A lot of people, coaches, fans and even players have been criticizing him for his small frame and his lack of being more agressive on the field. (don't forget crucial drops)

My point here is... Coaches and players know that Ted works his as$ off day in and day out and that he also has a great work ethic. So if specially this season he got ripped off by everyone. What should we expect from him next season? a stronger Ginn?
I could bet right now he's gonna have a very busy offseason working on his routes and frame.

Ted is coming to his 4th NFL season and it might not be with the Miami Dolphins... Im just worried we let him go and all of the sudden he becomes a BIG playmaker for another team.
I like Ted as a person and as a player... I think he loves the game and he wants to be a better player... I would say keep him (at the right price of course since he has shown he's not a true #1 WR) if he's committed in really working on this little issues that could make him a BIG down the field target for us.

Your thoughts?

Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:07 am
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Post Re: The Future of Ginn... Bust? are you 100% sure?
I agree. Give him a full offseason to work with Henne and I think there will be huge improvement. If not, he's a bust and we move along.

Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:29 am
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

I mostly agree with your assessment. I do believe that he will continue to work hard at improving his game. I think he has tremendous potential but I fear he will never ultimately reach it. He can work on getting sstronger and improve his route running but I am not so sure that he can improve his concentration. It has been clearly evident in his three seasons he does not favor taking a hit. For that reason alone, when he is in a tight situation and the fear of getting the Cr@p knocked outta him causes him to lose focus. Just as it has been said that speed is something you can not teach, i don't think that toughness is something that can be taught either. I could be wrong in this and truly hope I am. I would love to see Ginn with the Dolphins and playing up to his potential.

All that being said, I also agree with many others that he will never be a true #1 but he could be a great #2 and hopefully that will still come to fruition while he is still in a Dolphins uniform.

Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:32 am
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

For being the #9 pick, Ginn so far is a bust.......as far as playing WR in the NFL, he is an average player. He could become a good #2 WR, but we will never really know unless he is able to play alongside a true #1 WR? I don't really see ParLand giving up on Ginn until his rookie contract expires......even then they would probably look to bring him back at the right price.

I don't see him being cut.....its not like he has no production to speak of, so I really don't see him being released.

Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:54 pm
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

I wouldn't dismiss Ginn as ever being a true #1 receiver but I wouldn't bet on it either.

It could happen, but I've yet to see signs that it will.

Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:08 pm
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

I would love to see him change things around next year in a Phins uniform. I know that he was a #1 pick and so should be producing by now, but so was J Allen and look how much time he's been given (and yes, I know all about the Corner / Safefy switches). He has shown his ability to win games almost on his own. The KO returns and that 53 yarder over Revis' head in the two Jets games.

I know that he frustrates the hell out us all at times, but look at Edwards and all those drops last season for the Browns. They trade him to the :jests: and he performs.

Use him as the Punt and returner that we all thought he was when we drafted him and then line him up for Henner to go long to.

I just think that he's still worth a place on the team. And I hope the Trifecta make the same choice.

Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:06 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

So Ginn is inconsistent and has more times cost the team than help it, and you're worried about him going elsewhere and becoming a big playmaker? It makes no sense to hang on to something when it's hurt you more times than not. Learned that with my ex wife.

Just kidding.

Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:49 pm
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Iowafin wrote:
So Ginn is inconsistent and has more times cost the team than help it, and you're worried about him going elsewhere and becoming a big playmaker? It makes no sense to hang on to something when it's hurt you more times than not. Learned that with my ex wife.

Just kidding.

Please point out where he has cost the team so many times? I can easily pick 2 games we would have definitely LOST without him, but not so many that we lost BECAUSE of him.

Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:14 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

dolphinjim wrote:
Iowafin wrote:

Just kidding.

Please point out where he has cost the team so many times? I can easily pick 2 games we would have definitely LOST without him, but not so many that we lost BECAUSE of him.

Indy and New Orleans....Would have had a chance in NE if he makes that catch on 4th down....Would have had a chance against SD if he had helped out his new QB the slightest bit.

Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:25 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Phins Rock wrote:
dolphinjim wrote:
Iowafin wrote:

Just kidding.

Indy and New Orleans....Would have had a chance in NE if he makes that catch on 4th down....Would have had a chance against SD if he had helped out his new QB the slightest bit.

Yep. You can go back to last year's New England game where he pretty much ended it by running around on a kickoff (which he's done more than once) and pinned the offense inside the 10...then had 2 drops on a drive that Miami needed to stay in it.

He has cost Miami field position on numerous occasions by running backwards or fumbilng the return.

He a ticking time bomb, at any moment he's bound to do something stupid...see Ray Lucas

Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:33 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

Indy and New Orleans also could have been won easily if our defense held up... no one person is the reason for any of our losses.

Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:40 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

IamPZ wrote:
Indy and New Orleans also could have been won easily if our defense held up... no one person is the reason for any of our losses.

I think you're missing the point. I'm not saying he single-handedly cost Miami wins...he's cost them first downs, big plays, TD's, field possession, money, a roster spot. He's done more harm than good.

Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:56 pm
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]