View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:22 am

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 Do Crowder's words show the Dolphins have a problem? 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Do Crowder's words show the Dolphins have a problem?
Quote:

"It was an uncomfortable situation amongst the team," Channing Crowder said. "I know I'm not the only player that thinks that. I know a lot of other guys think that way too. (Porter's) a great guy."

You're getting the idea of why some players talked about there being "leadership" issues on last year's team.

Here's the question: IIs there a problem in the locker room? Or is this just the kind of thing that goes away when Porter goes away?

http://weblogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports/ ... l+blogs%29

Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:33 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Post Re: Do Crowder's words show the Dolphins have a problem?
When Joey is gone. This will be gone. This is why we need team first guys. Joey is not a team first guy as evidenced by his childish antics. IE: Refusing to leave the field and getting suspended as a result.

Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:44 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Cut him before this drama gets any worse and he spoils the rest of the apples in the bunch. Time to move on from this cry baby.

Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:33 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

The Dolphins don't have a locker room or leadership problem just a TALENT problem. The sad thing is Joey P. IS our best OLB along with JT who is not what he used to be. The Trifecta will get this corrected with young hungry focused LB's and just players in general who are good character guys like Jake Long, Sean Smith, Kendal Langford etc. This is year 3 of the reconstruction and I think guys like Porter and Crowder aren't in future plans.

Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:13 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Time for a new leader to step up...

The loss of Chad P had a bad affect on this team I think, he seemed to be the "leader" of the team on both offense and defense...

I recall alot of times towards the end of a game in 08 where he would go into the defensive huddle on the sidelines and give them a pep talk....

We didnt lose many games in the fourth that year either...

Just putting 2+2 together.....

Joey's drama has spread to far already, he wants to be released so he can chose where he goes... Otherwise he would have shut up and did this on a professional level...

Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:32 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

at this point its time to just cut ties with this guy........he had 1 really good season and 2 ok seasons for the phins.......drop him and let him find a starting OLB job for some other team.

I doubt he will have much success getting a chance to start too many places at his age and production level.

Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:49 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator

10acjed wrote:
Time for a new leader to step up...

The loss of Chad P had a bad affect on this team I think, he seemed to be the "leader" of the team on both offense and defense...

I recall alot of times towards the end of a game in 08 where he would go into the defensive huddle on the sidelines and give them a pep talk....

We didnt lose many games in the fourth that year either...

Just putting 2+2 together.....

Joey's drama has spread to far already, he wants to be released so he can chose where he goes... Otherwise he would have shut up and did this on a professional level...

Amen.

Henne said it. This team lost leadership. Vonnie Holliday was the "big daddy" I think is the phrase he used, and he said that it hurt the locker room when he left. Pennington's absence no doubt had the same type of affect.

Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:57 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Crowder is an idiot for playing sidekick to Joey Porter's games. Cut them both.

Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:33 pm
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

This could actually turn into a good example for young guys for what happens when you whine and cause drama in the lockerroom under this regime.

Let's hope they make the right choice and make more room for Cam Wake.

Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:58 pm
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

do you guys think this regime needs to send Crowder away with Porter and set a precedence

Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:06 am

I wonder if we would have heard any of this had the team won & been somewhat successful this past season. Do things change so much in 1 year? There seemed to be quite a lovefest after the 08 season. We all knew what we were getting with Porter & his mouth. We praised it when he came aboard saying it was time we had someone with this attitude but now it can surely snowball into a cancer. I am sure Parcells will act soon.
Bottom line is , as a team I would think you go into a season with guys who want to be here & buy into the system. I would think we have seen the last of Porter in a Fins uniform & will just have to listen to his revenge quotes if he ever plays against us while on another team.

Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:33 am
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

As soon as the Dolphins are able to release Joey Porter in March, they will. Channing Crowder may not be safe either.

He seems to be a young guy that still seems to be a long way from maturing and his level of play is average at best. He does not have a huge contract and if there is no CBA, the damage would be very minimum.

Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:23 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Leadership issues? No kidding...Holiday, Pennington, Allen, Ferguson all gone

Then you turn to someone to take leadership, and Jason Taylor might have done it, and Porter couldn't handle it so he calls out the coaching staff? What an idiot.

Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:22 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

FINesse wrote:
I wonder if we would have heard any of this had the team won & been somewhat successful this past season. Do things change so much in 1 year? There seemed to be quite a lovefest after the 08 season. We all knew what we were getting with Porter & his mouth. We praised it when he came aboard saying it was time we had someone with this attitude but now it can surely snowball into a cancer. I am sure Parcells will act soon.
Bottom line is , as a team I would think you go into a season with guys who want to be here & buy into the system. I would think we have seen the last of Porter in a Fins uniform & will just have to listen to his revenge quotes if he ever plays against us while on another team.

There is good swagger and bad swagger. The problem with JP's swagger is that it's all about him. He isn't a team player or else we wouldn't be seeing this from him right now. He is the one who played flat this season, he is the one who refused to come out of games, and he is the one who flapped his gums (in a personal manner) about the Patriots and then laid an egg in the next game when they came looking for revenge over his remarks. The bottom line is the swagger Joey Porter brings is not always good for the team. Its fun to watch when its on your side and working for you, its not so fun when you have seasons such as this one and the drama that surrounds JP when things don't go his way.

Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:12 pm
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

It just shows Crowder isn't too bright.

Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:24 pm
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]