View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:24 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Bowles becoming likely candidate for DC job? 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Post Bowles becoming likely candidate for DC job?
KFFL wrote:
Bowles becoming likely candidate for DC job?
Fri, 15 Jan 2010 07:46:12 -0800

Armando Salguero, of the Miami Herald, reports Miami Dolphins secondary coach Todd Bowles appears to be becoming a likely candidate for the Dolphins defensive coordinator position, according to sources.

http://www.kffl.com/team/22/NFL

Download the Free Phinfever Browser Toolbar

Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:57 pm
Profile WWW
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Post Re: Bowles becoming likely candidate for DC job?
So if no one wants the job, you just promote from within. I'm wondering what the major hang up is with guys not wanting to work here? This is reminiscent of the Wanstadt days when we couldn't get FAs to come here.
:cry:

Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:00 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

it does make you wonder,if bowles was top DC material why was he not promoted without the coach search?? Still its not a done deal yet

Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:47 am
Phinfever Global Moderator

Phin wrote:
So if no one wants the job, you just promote from within. I'm wondering what the major hang up is with guys not wanting to work here? This is reminiscent of the Wanstadt days when we couldn't get FAs to come here.

I agree Phin & this has been going on here for sometime now. It used to be that because of the weather & no state income tax landing guys would be just a formality but for a long while now we have been losing out on free agents & coaches to teams that in the past Miami would not have thought twice about as competition.

Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:58 am
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

FINesse wrote:
Phin wrote:

I agree Phin & this has been going on here for sometime now. It used to be that because of the weather & no state income tax landing guys would be just a formality but for a long while now we have been losing out on free agents & coaches to teams that in the past Miami would not have thought twice about as competition.

We don't know the full story here so lets not jump to conclusions in this case. Maybe it was the Dolphins deciding they didn't want Groh etc.

But if guys are trying to avoid Miami, it must be because they want nothing to do with Gibril Wilson.

Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:09 am

Rich wrote:
FINesse wrote:
Phin wrote:

We don't know the full story here so lets not jump to conclusions in this case. Maybe it was the Dolphins deciding they didn't want Groh etc.

But if guys are trying to avoid Miami, it must be because they want nothing to do with Gibril Wilson.

Lmao.

Groh's quote as to why he didn't take the job was, "Bill isn't the Head Coach"

Maybe he just didn't get along with Sparano too well? Maybe he was hoping Parcells was more involved then he really is?

Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:30 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]