View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:01 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Chiefs Eyeing Boldin? 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Post Chiefs Eyeing Boldin?
For all you on the Boldin bandwagon ... the Chiefs have more ammo to get him and their head coach used to be his OC.

Quote:
Chiefs Eyeing Boldin?
Mon Mar 1, 2010 --from FFMastermind.com

The Arizona Republic reports it’s hard to envision the Cardinals again turning down an offer of a second-round pick for WR Anquan Boldin, who turns 30 this fall and is in the final year of a contract extension signed in 2005. Identifying suitors for Boldin is guesswork. It’s doubtful the Bears would be interested because they already are lacking picks in the first and second rounds. The Titans likely wouldn’t have interest, considering the sterling performance last year of rookie WR Kenny Britt. The Dolphins, it seems, have been rumored to have interest in every player available via trade or free agency and need a receiver. The Chiefs are an intriguing possibility, because they have a need at receiver, possess two second-round picks, and former Cardinals OC Todd Haley is the head coach.

Download the Free Phinfever Browser Toolbar

Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:49 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Post Re: Chiefs Eyeing Boldin?
Quote:
The Dolphins, it seems, have been rumored to have interest in every player available via trade or free agency and need a receiver.

:) :)

I thought I was the only one who noticed that

Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:55 pm
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Am I the only one that has the nightmare where Miami doesn't pick up a WR this off season? We should have given up a 2nd round pick last year for Boldin. Instead, we took a QB that didn't complete a pass all year.

Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:38 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

1984phins wrote:
Am I the only one that has the nightmare where Miami doesn't pick up a WR this off season? We should have given up a 2nd round pick last year for Boldin. Instead, we took a QB that didn't complete a pass all year.

I'll agree that hindsight says that Boldin vs. White was stupid....but I've said it before...this team can score. They can't keep the other team from scoring. If they don't get a receiver, they better bolster the defense.

Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:41 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

1984phins wrote:
Am I the only one that has the nightmare where Miami doesn't pick up a WR this off season?

I could definitely see them taking a flier on someone in the 6th round (or 5th if they get that compensatory pick) as opposed to trading or grabbing someone on Day 2.

I'll agree that they are going defense and heavily. NT and LB are two positions the brass has not addressed early in the draft to this point (they've done QB, WR (sort of), OL, CB). They could conceivably replace 3/4 of the starting LB corp.

Anyone else wish April 22 was tomorrow? Draft day is like Christmas morning.

Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:48 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Quote:
The Arizona Republic reports it’s hard to envision the Cardinals again turning down an offer of a second-round pick for WR Anquan Boldin

Notice it says the Cardinals again turning down an offer of a 2nd round pic...

It doesnt say Miami decided to keep the second round pic to draft Pat White....

Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:20 pm
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

Arizona wanted a 1 & 3rd last year for Anquan. THIS year they would be willing to take a 2nd round pick. I think a 3rd will get it done, although if the Cheifs have (2) 2nd round picks and want to give one up, they could get the deal done.

Says something that the guy that Anquan got int a vehement argument with in the NFC Championship Game, Todd Haley would look to possibly bring Boldin to KC.

Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:42 pm
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Iowafin wrote:
1984phins wrote:

I'll agree that hindsight says that Boldin vs. White was stupid....but I've said it before...this team can score. They can't keep the other team from scoring. If they don't get a receiver, they better bolster the defense.

I agree, defense first please. LB, NT, thennn WR

Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:44 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]