View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:08 pm

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Jason Cole says to stay away from Dez Bryant 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Post Jason Cole says to stay away from Dez Bryant
Jason Cole wanted the Dolphins to draft WR Braylon Edwards when he used to write for the Dolphins.

Joe Rose wrote:
But NFL writer Jason Cole from YahooSports.com said on the show Monday that he would stand clear of the man who endured a season-ending suspension.

"I know somebody who has a lot of experience with this kid," Cole said. "He said, 'The only way I would take this guy is if I hired somebody to go wake him up in the morning to get him to practice, wake him up to get him to meetings, and wake him up on Sundays to get him to games.' "

Cole said the guy is just bad news.

"He is not a motivated kid," he said. "He doesn't understand the discipline or work that goes into being an NFL player. Now he may get it someday, and somebody may get it out of him. But when you have the 12th pick in the draft, you can't take a lot of risk. If you were talking about taking him in the second or third round, OK, you try to work with him. To take him at No. 12 . . . that would scare me.

"You just can't miss anymore in this league with a first-round pick. This kid has 'miss' written all over it. There's nothing worse than an unmotivated guy. He has serious character flaws.

"There's teammates of his who say, 'We weren't worried about him being late for the three hours before the game, we were wondering if he was going to be late for warmups 45 minutes before the game.' "

http://weblogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports/ ... om_de.html

Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:56 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

Post Re: Jason Cole says to stay away from Dez Bryant
Now if that is not a red flag, I don't know what is. Still, someone is going to take a chance on him and early in the 1st round.

IF those comments are valid, there is no way Bill Parcells and the regime will take a chance.

Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:48 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

phinsfansc wrote:
Now if that is not a red flag, I don't know what is. Still, someone is going to take a chance on him and early in the 1st round.

IF those comments are valid, there is no way Bill Parcells and the regime will take a chance.

Yes, character issues tend to destroy a player no matter how skilled he is... So if this guy dares to compare himself to Larry Fitzgerald and his work ethic and character resembles to an 8 year old. Then pass..

Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:08 pm
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

I would not say it would destroy Dez Bryant chances of going early to mid first round, but it will not help and he could possibly drop.

Percy Harvin is a kid that had some serious character issues as well, but he ended up going I believe 21st to Minnesota in the 1st round. I believe he was projected in the mid first round.

Teams will certainly investigate Mr. Bryant throughly before they pull the trigger. Vontae Davis also had some character issues, but the Dolphins checked into the issues and Vontae has been nothing but solid in his 1st year with the Phins.

Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:39 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

phinsfansc wrote:
I would not say it would destroy Dez Bryant chances of going early to mid first round, but it will not help and he could possibly drop.

Percy Harvin is a kid that had some serious character issues as well, but he ended up going I believe 21st to Minnesota in the 1st round. I believe he was projected in the mid first round.

Teams will certainly investigate Mr. Bryant throughly before they pull the trigger. Vontae Davis also had some character issues, but the Dolphins checked into the issues and Vontae has been nothing but solid in his 1st year with the Phins.

Sorry but I disagree... When teamates are worried that you're not even gonna make it to warm ups, it just comes to show that he doesn't care about the game.

Vontae had issues but he loves playing the game... Harvin is the same deal... Randy Moss could be another example... there's tons of players with history behind them... but none of them were questioned about their love for the game... With that last article and previous reports, I think Dez will have to shut critics down because right now... its kiliing his draft status and future as a player.

Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:25 pm
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

We will see, but I still think he goes in the top 15.

Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:32 pm
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

This is not the first time I hear this. Major red flag.

Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:01 am
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Post dez bryant?
i saw an article today that said that the fins are interested in drafting dez to get chad henne some targets... this is awesome because he can really play, and im sure with all the leaders on the team, they can straighten him out. i would love to see this happen because hes a great player with a little bit of troubles, but hey, we're desperate for a wide out

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/rumors

Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:18 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Post Re: dez bryant?
That article is referring to a Cote article that says the Dolphins should draft bryant since we fixed our defense with Dansby. Newsflash: we cut our starting safety and our starting NT is suspended, also we cut our starting OLB. If Dansby can fix all that then he is definitely worthy of the huge contract he got.

The buzz lately has been that Bryant is actually going to slip pretty far down in the draft because of his character issues. I highly doubt that the phins will pull the trigger on Dez with so many holes on defense.

Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:38 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Post Re: dez bryant?
It's unfortunate that Dez is reportedly a lazy bum that doesn't care about the team at all.

That said, pass.

Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:39 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

I wanted the Phins to get Dez, but the more I read about him.....Its seems that besides hi natural ability everything else seems to be a negative. I hope the FO explores the other WR like Thomas from GT and I really like Benn from Illinois. He reminds me a bit of Anquan just his size. I'm sure the trio will do their investigating.

Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:08 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]