View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:44 pm

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 Dolphins place tender on Anthony Fasano 
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Post Dolphins place tender on Anthony Fasano
Quote:
The team has placed an original draft-round tender on Fasano, sources said. That means Fasano, a second-round draft pick in 2006, will only wind up elsewhere if a team is willing to give the Dolphins a second-round selection in the upcoming draft.

Even then, the Dolphins also would get right of first refusal, which means Miami could keep Fasano if it matched the contract offer extended to Fasano by the bidding team.

Had the Dolphins given Fasano a second-round tender, he would have been paid $1.76 million. But by instead placing the ``original draft-round'' tender on him, he'll instead be paid $1.18 million in 2010, a difference of nearly $600,000.

It will be a tough pill to swallow for Fasano, but it's a sensible move by the Dolphins, since they'll get the same compensation for Fasano whether they tender him as a second-round pick or as an original draft pick.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/03/03/1510614/miami-dolphins-place-original.html

Sucks for Fasano, I know he was hoping to get a good deal this offseason, and instead we find a way to pay him less. There goes Dawn Aponte making her presence known.

Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:12 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

Post Re: Dolphins place tender on Anthony Fasano
joeschmoe wrote:
Quote:
The team has placed an original draft-round tender on Fasano, sources said. That means Fasano, a second-round draft pick in 2006, will only wind up elsewhere if a team is willing to give the Dolphins a second-round selection in the upcoming draft.

Even then, the Dolphins also would get right of first refusal, which means Miami could keep Fasano if it matched the contract offer extended to Fasano by the bidding team.

Had the Dolphins given Fasano a second-round tender, he would have been paid $1.76 million. But by instead placing the ``original draft-round'' tender on him, he'll instead be paid $1.18 million in 2010, a difference of nearly $600,000.

It will be a tough pill to swallow for Fasano, but it's a sensible move by the Dolphins, since they'll get the same compensation for Fasano whether they tender him as a second-round pick or as an original draft pick.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/03/03/1510614/miami-dolphins-place-original.html

Sucks for Fasano, I know he was hoping to get a good deal this offseason, and instead we find a way to pay him less. There goes Dawn Aponte making her presence known.

You wanna pay him more for what he did last season?? If he played well he'd have been paid more... but he didnt.

Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:40 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

I never said we should pay him more, I'm just saying I'm sure he isn't too happy about that.

Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:41 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Just smart business, 'is all. His production was way down, anyway.

Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:41 pm
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

hahahaah dawn aponte found a way to do it, that a girl... either way anthony was terrible this year and doesnt deserve a new deal at all. that was smart all around, i also heard they tendered brown too... good job

Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:09 pm
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

Mike Bernadino is speculating that Miami could lose Fasano for the 2nd round pick he was tendered at. I like Fasano and think he can bounce back from the rough year he had last year, but if someone wants to give up a 2nd round pick, especially someone like KC that now has Charlie Weis as there OC and who coached Fasano at Notre Dame, they can have him for the high 2nd round pick.

Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:53 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator

If it's a high 2nd, I would say, love yu' Fasano, but cya.

If it's a late 2nd, I don't know. He is an extremely good blocker and a very reliable receiver. He's not anything special in the passing game, but he's a very solid player who Miami has invested a lot of work into.

Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:05 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

I'd love to get a second out of Fasano. Heck, we traded a 4th to get him AND Ayodele. Talk about a great investment. Take the 2nd, pickup a rookie TE and let Haynos start while the rookie gains some experience.

Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:22 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

joeschmoe wrote:
I'd love to get a second out of Fasano. Heck, we traded a 4th to get him AND Ayodele. Talk about a great investment. Take the 2nd, pickup a rookie TE and let Haynos start while the rookie gains some experience.

I agree, this is what the front office is trying to do, AND the chances of the pick being top 20 (due to new free agent rules) are very high.

Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:53 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

There is no way in hell a team gives up a 2nd for Fasano....he had a very poor 2009 season....no one is going to waste a high pick on him. Dreaming......you might be able to move him for a 3rd (miracle), or for the 4th round pick we gave to get him and Ayodele.

Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:55 pm

Fasano is much better than you give him credit for, Frusterated.

There is a lot more to a TE than the receiving numbers. Fasano is an extremely good blocker, and very reliable. He doesn't have Antonio Gates speed...so what?

Would I like to see a stretch the field TE added? Sure, but as a 2nd guy to Fasano.

Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:01 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Have no fear Phins Rock....no team is going to waste a 2nd round pick on Fasano. He will be back next year, and if we don't bring any new TE's in he will start again.

Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:04 pm

I think in most drafts, there would be teams who would be very intrigued. But with this year's draft being so strong, you're right. There is no chance he goes anywhere.

Maybe if this was 2008's class.

Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:07 pm
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]