View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:41 am

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 
 Cobbs: "I'm moving around well." 
Phinfever Live! Radio Host
Phinfever Live! Radio Host

Post Cobbs: "I'm moving around well."
Quote:
Although running back Patrick Cobbs said, ``I'm moving around well. I'm in front of the pace I wanted to be,'' he wouldn't say whether the knee ligament he tore Nov. 1 against the Jets would be healed enough for minicamp or even training camp.

Asked to elaborate, Cobbs said, ``They let me play golf, so right now I'm doing well.''

http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/03/02/1 ... dence.html

Phinfever Live!!!

Listen Live: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/phinfeverradio

RIP, Tom

Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:29 am
Profile YIM
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Post Re: Cobbs: "I'm moving around well."
No matter what his condition is we should draft an Rb in the later rounds. Hopefully we can find someone in the 4th or later. Hilliard and Cobbs just aren't going to cut it if we run into injuries with RW and RB.

Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:42 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator

He didn't tear it on November 1st. He tore is 3 weeks earlier.

In any case, he was apparently off crutches a very long time ago; hopefully he'll be ready. You know how this works..."what injury?" "I'm hurt? Who said?" "I don't know....we'll see how it goes"

Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:17 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=nfp-is_stanfords_gerhart_overlooked_in_the_rb_race_html-201033&prov=nfp&type=lgns

what about taking toby gerhart in the second day? ran a 4.5 40 which isnt bad for a bruiser

Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:19 pm
Profile WWW

I don't understand why everyone is in favor of taking a RB.

Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:24 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Phins Rock wrote:

Ours are old. But RBs can come in and make an impact from day one, so I think next year will be the year that we will NEED to get a RB. Lets just pray that Brown makes it through this year.

Besides .. we aren't gonna carry 6 RBs on the roster.

Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:26 pm

Exactly right.

There just isn't room for another RB right now.

Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:27 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

rhoads30 wrote:
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=nfp-is_stanfords_gerhart_overlooked_in_the_rb_race_html-201033&prov=nfp&type=lgns

what about taking toby gerhart in the second day? ran a 4.5 40 which isnt bad for a bruiser

I love this guy, I have watched what little I could scour off the internet which of course is heavily biased with only his awesome plays, but he seems fast enough(a good time at the combine as you say as well) great strength and quite elusive.

I saw him projected as mid third on nfldraftscout, iirc.

Don't know if we should draft him. I think getting a rb in the third is too early.

Of course if he is on the board way late he just may have too much value not to :) 1,900 yards rushing last season is pretty decent for a white boy :D

edit: whoa those smilies are big

Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:29 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Phins Rock wrote:
Exactly right.

Basically we need another back because we have two backs coming off injuries (RB and Cobbs) and one that should not be counted on to be the #1 back (RW). Hilliard just is not going to cut it.

Cut Cobbs or Hilliard if you have to but we need a young back who can be counted on if we need them to be the #1 back.

Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:07 am
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Dolfanrar wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:
Exactly right.

Basically we need another back because we have two backs coming off injuries (RB and Cobbs) and one that should not be counted on to be the #1 back (RW). Hilliard just is not going to cut it.

Cut Cobbs or Hilliard if you have to but we need a young back who can be counted on if wee ned them to be the #1 back.

Don't forget about Kory Sheets. This will be his second year, and many people in SF were very upset to see him go. The guys got speed and I think that him and Hilliard may be capable of holding the position down if needed, although it is unlikely that our first 3 RB's go down.

Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:16 am
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

I'd be shocked if Gerhart didn't go in the second round.

Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:47 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Phins Rock wrote:

I wouldn't say everyone is, but in all reality, how much longer is Ricky going to play? Yes, we could easily draft another running back when he does decide to retire for good.
BUT, think about this. Cobbs won't be himself next season, and may never be the same after that tear. I would bet on him being just as good, but it's something to consider.
So, all that to consider, say Miami takes CJ Spiller in the 1st round. He could be just as effective as Chris Johnson was, plus he's a better receiver, or at least more practiced at it than Johnson was coming out of ECU.
Now you have Ronnie, Ricky and CJ. Keep Hilliard around, Kory Sheets can stay on the practice squad...and I don't know, you could let go of Cobbs, or trade him or whatever. They'd have 4 RB's just like last year on the roster and I think we'd all agree that Spiller is an upgrade over Cobbs, right?

I love what Cobbs has done for Miami and would hate to see him with another team, but if you can be that dominant in the backfield, why not? I've been dinking around with my playbook on my Mac and really the options are endless with 3 running backs like Ronnie Ricky and Spiller...throw White in there and it would be one heck of a package.

Now that's just an idea, and I'm sure it's one that the front office is considering very heavily. But all that being said, I wouldn't take a Gerhart in the 2nd or whatever...the only running back I'd consider in the first three rounds would be CJ Spiller just because he's so good...know what I mean?

Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:41 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Iowafin wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:

I wouldn't say everyone is, but in all reality, how much longer is Ricky going to play? Yes, we could easily draft another running back when he does decide to retire for good.
BUT, think about this. Cobbs won't be himself next season, and may never be the same after that tear. I would bet on him being just as good, but it's something to consider.
So, all that to consider, say Miami takes CJ Spiller in the 1st round. He could be just as effective as Chris Johnson was, plus he's a better receiver, or at least more practiced at it than Johnson was coming out of ECU.
Now you have Ronnie, Ricky and CJ. Keep Hilliard around, Kory Sheets can stay on the practice squad...and I don't know, you could let go of Cobbs, or trade him or whatever. They'd have 4 RB's just like last year on the roster and I think we'd all agree that Spiller is an upgrade over Cobbs, right?

I love what Cobbs has done for Miami and would hate to see him with another team, but if you can be that dominant in the backfield, why not? I've been dinking around with my playbook on my Mac and really the options are endless with 3 running backs like Ronnie Ricky and Spiller...throw White in there and it would be one heck of a package.

Now that's just an idea, and I'm sure it's one that the front office is considering very heavily. But all that being said, I wouldn't take a Gerhart in the 2nd or whatever...the only running back I'd consider in the first three rounds would be CJ Spiller just because he's so good...know what I mean?

Ricky has stated several times that this is his last year. Sheets won;t last on our practice squad, thats how we stole him from SanFran. We have too many needs than to take a RB with our first rounder. If they decide to pick someone up after Round 3 then so be it, but rounds 1-3 need to fill some holes, and right now RB is not one of them.

Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:08 pm

The way I see it, we have 3 very good RB's, one of them being the #2 in the game, and another being top 5 in the NFL.

I don't care when Ricky retires or not...there's no room.

Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:24 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Phins Rock wrote:
The way I see it, we have 3 very good RB's, one of them being the #2 in the game, and another being top 5 in the NFL.

I don't care when Ricky retires or not...there's no room.

The way I see it we have 3 running backs that could either be hampered by previous injury or have a better chance of being injured because of age. Ronnie can't seem to make it a full year, Cobbs may not be 100% and Ricky is in NFL terms "old". I would not bet money on any of those three making the whole season carrying the load. Maybe we patch together 16 games with different #1 backs out of those three but I really don't like the odds.

Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:05 am
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

I normally takes 2 year for a RB to be both physically and mentally over a knee injury, so I would not count on Cobbs a whole lot.

The Dolphins really seemed to be intrigued with Dexter McCluster.

Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:14 am
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]