Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:44 pm 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Quote:
Baylor QB Robert Griffin III (RG III)wins Heisman Trophy

Robert Griffin III beat out preseason favorite Andrew Luck for the Heisman Trophy, dazzling voters with his ability to throw, run and lead Big 12 doormat Baylor into the national rankings.

Robert Griffin III broke records. He broke the mold for a quarterback. But most importantly, he changed Baylor, writes David Ubben.

The junior quarterback known as RG3 became the first Heisman winner from Baylor on Saturday night by a comfortable cushion over the Stanford star.

Griffin started the season on the fringe of the Heisman conversation, a talented and exciting player on a marginal team, while Luck was already being touted as a No. 1 NFL draft pick.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/sto ... man-trophy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:45 pm 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

Figured he would.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:03 am 
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

This is a guy I want to see in a dolphins uniform next year. While the heisman is usually the kiss of death for a qb's NFL career, I'd love to see Miami take a chance and restructure an offense around him. Luck may be out of the question, but he makes a great consolation prize.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:05 am 
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

thats my boy!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:20 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

apatos19 wrote:
This is a guy I want to see in a dolphins uniform next year. While the heisman is usually the kiss of death for a qb's NFL career, I'd love to see Miami take a chance and restructure an offense around him. Luck may be out of the question, but he makes a great consolation prize.

It will be impossible to move up high enough to land Luck.
While I've always been against trading up, this is the perfect time for the Dolphins to draft a QB with their #1 pick. And they need to pony up what it takes (within some reasonable limits) to get the guy they believe in.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:49 am 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

degs wrote:

It will be impossible to move up high enough to land Luck.
While I've always been against trading up, this is the perfect time for the Dolphins to draft a QB with their #1 pick. And they need to pony up what it takes (within some reasonable limits) to get the guy they believe in.
Yeap, its a shame Miami was there to grab one & then after blowing the season decided lets play for pride instead of the playoffs.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:09 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Andrew Luck is out of the equation unless Miami trades up to get him, but I would personally be thrilled with RG3.

Talented, smart and a well spoken kid that is a playmaker.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:19 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Wow.......I really like that guy, he may have pushed himself above Barkley as the second QB picked in the draft. With that said, we don't have a shot at Luck, RG3 or Barkley. I said this in another thread, I believe we'll have 13th - 15th pick, behind Indianapolis, Jacksonville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Kansas City, Philadelphia, Washington, Minnesota, Carolina, Tampa Bay, St. Louis and Arizona. There's also a chance we get behind Seattle & San Diego.

Indianapolis takes Luck......Cleveland, Washington & Seattle will definitely take QB with their 1st pick plus you can make an argument 3-4 of the other teams mentioned will also be looking for a QB with their 1st pick.

Unless Moore regresses, he's the front runner for our starter next year.

With that said, I think we go OLB or WR with our 1st pick and pick up another QB in FA.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:02 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Montee Ball got screwed!

That being said, I'd love to see Luck or RG3 in a Dolphins jersey next year. I think either one has a lot of potential. Luck looks like a bigger stronger version of Matt Ryan and RG3 looks like Vick 2.0, either guy would be better than our current situation.

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ]