View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:25 pm

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 OT: Anquan Boldin to Baltimore 
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Post OT: Anquan Boldin to Baltimore
Quote:
Anquan Boldin headed from Arizona to Baltimore

The Arizona Cardinals and Baltimore Ravens just concluded talks on a deal that will send receiver Anquan Boldin and a 2010 fifth-round pick from the Cardinals to the Ravens for 2010 third- and fourth-round picks.

ESPN's Adam Schefter was the first to report the move.

And while it doesn't affect the Dolphins directly, I'm adding it here because, well, I am terribly disappointed the Dolphins weren't involved in this thing.

The Ravens needed wide receiver help. I get that. So they made the deal ... He has agreed to a four-year, $28 million contract.

Guess what?

The Dolphins need wide receiver help, too.

Does anyone believe the picks they will use in the third and fourth round this year will produce as much as Boldin does in the next couple of years? I seriously doubt it.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins ... imore.html

Last edited by ObiwanPhinobi on Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:59 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Re: OT: Anquan Boldin to Baltimore
Yeah Miami needed receiver help, but I wouldn't have been happy giving up a 3rd and 4th for Boldin. I just take pleasure in knowing he's not going to New England.

Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:03 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Post Re: Anquan Boldin
The Ravens wont be done. I bet they use an early pick to grab a WR to pair with Boldin. If Mason leaves they arent going to rely on Clayton and Stallworth to get it done.

Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:05 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

jammer wrote:
The Ravens wont be done. I bet they use an early pick to grab a WR to pair with Boldin. If Mason leaves they arent going to rely on Clayton and Stallworth to get it done.

Clayton and Boldin now sir. That's a pretty good combo if you ask me.

Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:07 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

hypocritex wrote:
jammer wrote:

Clayton and Boldin now sir. That's a pretty good combo if you ask me.

Maybe. Its my understanding that Clayton was a disappointment. They'll keep him around for depth but I'm sure they want a young guy that can become a big threat in a few years.

Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:16 pm
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Boldin just signed a 4 year, $28 million contract.

I'm disappointed that we did not Boldin. What the Ravens did was send their third round pick and swap 4th and 5th round picks. That may have been a little steep for me as well. Too bad.

Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:22 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Global Moderator

I really think Miami could have made this deal. I'm pretty disapointed right now.

Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:22 pm
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Seems like they have other plans for the WR Position!
Boldin = just another smokescreen!^^

Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:27 pm
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

ObiwanPhinobi wrote:

Well, it was the media who made that smokescreen. Bottom line is the Fins didn't think he was worth it. We shall see.

It looks like Parcells bowed out early. What does this say about the Patriots going after him?

Quote:
PFT has heard that the Baltimore Ravens, Kansas City Chiefs and New England Patriots are all interested in acquiring Boldin from the Cardinals.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/ca ... mill/2.php

Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:32 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

ObiwanPhinobi wrote:

You may be right, but what is the plan? Boldin is exactly what Henne needs along with adding another play making receiver in later rounds. I hope this means we are at least going to sign Antonio Bryant as a consolation prize.

Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:42 pm
Phinfever Newbie
Phinfever Newbie

a 3rd and a 4th for boldin? and getting a 5th back? let's see what we did last year with those picks. patrick turner and brian hartline. is boldin better than those guys? no question. because we spent draft picks last year on wideouts that are just marginal at best, it costs us a chance to get boldin for a bargain price. parcells couldn't justify spending 2 years in a row 3rd and 4th picks for the wide receiver position. hartline is ok but turner better produce soon or we'll hold this "no move" as a ghost that will keep haunting us.
especially if boldin becomes the missing piece in baltimore.

Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:50 pm
2014 Survival Champ
2014 Survival Champ

I'm so happy with this news. This ends years of having to read about Miami trading for Boldin.

Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:35 am

dudley_dawson wrote:
a 3rd and a 4th for boldin? and getting a 5th back? let's see what we did last year with those picks. patrick turner and brian hartline. is boldin better than those guys? no question. because we spent draft picks last year on wideouts that are just marginal at best, it costs us a chance to get boldin for a bargain price. parcells couldn't justify spending 2 years in a row 3rd and 4th picks for the wide receiver position. hartline is ok but turner better produce soon or we'll hold this "no move" as a ghost that will keep haunting us.
especially if boldin becomes the missing piece in baltimore.

Boldin can certainly be the missing piece in Baltimore ... only because they are close already , alot closer than us. One teams missing piece is just another teams role player. What I am trying to say is that even if Baltimore wins the Super Bowl with Boldin , bringing him here would not have done the same for us. We have more holes to fill. I know how much help we need at the position but I still think he is not the guy for us. Like I said earlier , all these Arizona guys might just find out how good of a team they had & individually without those teamates at their sides might find this season a bit different than the past ones.

Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:24 am
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]