View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:33 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 fellow dolphin fans please help fix our dolphins 
Phinfever Newbie
Phinfever Newbie

Post fellow dolphin fans please help fix our dolphins
Dear fellow Dolphin fans,

Please boycott the Dolphins games next year. We need to send our owner a message, We want to be contenders! :cry:

In order to be a contender we have to get the right personnel. In order to get the right personnel we need a good GM, the GM is the one who decides who we sign and who we don't sign.

Ireland has been our GM and he hasn't gotten us the right personnel. I have nothing against Ireland as a person, I'm sure he's a good guy, and because of that I don't want him to be unemployed. Unfortunately, whatever he is doing hasn't produced good results, therefore he has to go.

Our owner can't afford to keep the team unless we buy tickets to the games. If we don't buy tickets to the game he will start to lose money and then he will be forced to make a change at GM.

Why is our personnel wrong? for starters, our biggest flaw is at QB. Chad Henne and Matt Moore are good QB's, unfortunately they aren't great. We can rely on them to manage the game correctly, but we can't rely on them to drive our team down the field when there's two minutes left in the game and we're down by a touchdown. Therefore, if our team and QB manages the game correctly, and our opponent also manages the game correctly it will result in a close game, which is a good thing, football isn't fun to play or watch unless the game is close. When we find ourselves playing against a good opponent we need to have a great QB who can make good things happen in the moment. We need a Tom Brady or a Peyton Manning, or an Aaron Rogers, or a Tim Tebow, or a Kurt Warner, or a Brett Favre, etc. You get the point I'm making. Our O-line is ok, our receivers are ok, but we need someone else who's great to compliment Brandon Marshall, and Marshall needs to stop dropping passes in critical moments. I think our running game is coming along nicely, Reggie Bush proved he can be a good RB this year, and Daniel Thomas showed me that he will compliment Bush well. Our overall D is ok, I can't go into the details because I don't understand D as well as I understand O.

Step one to the solution to our problem is too get a new GM, someone who will get us the right personnel, I don't know who that would be because I haven't studied GM's. Once we get a new GM we need to get a good coach. Tony Sparano was a good coach overall, he just needed a GM who would give him the right personnel. We already fired him so it's too late to get him back. Jeff Fisher is a good coach, he decided not to sign with us because we don't have a good GM. In my opinion the coach that we should pursue is Marty Shottenheimer, look up his stats and find a way to prove me wrong. The man averages close to 10 wins a season and makes the playoffs roughly 60% of the time. He has turned every team he ever coached into a contender with the exception of the Redskins, but he was only there for one year so it doesn't count. I understand he's old so we won't get longevity from him, but at least he knows what he's doing. I strongly believe that if the Chargers weren't dumb enough to fire him they would have at least been to a superbowl by now.

Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:24 am
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

Post Re: fellow dolphin fans please help fix our dolphins
I don't know one person on this forum that's going to boycott our games... we're fans for a reason...

Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:05 am
Phinfever Newbie
Phinfever Newbie

Post Re: fellow dolphin fans please help fix our dolphins
good point I just learned what was wrong with my solution, he could move the team if we did that. I don't want him to do that, but I think we need a new owner.

Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:05 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]