View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:07 am

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ] 
 Bryant Wants To Be A Dolphin 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Post Bryant Wants To Be A Dolphin
Free agent WR Antonio Bryant is reportedly interested in joining the Dolphins.

Now, all Bryant needs is the Dolphins to want him too, then we could have a match here. Bryant offers the Fins a big-play, outside weapon that the team and Chad Henne desperately needs. He does have a history with Bill Parcells, but some of it isn't particularly good. Miami seems like an ideal landing spot for Bryant.
Source: Miami Herald

i dont see why we dont i think we should for the right price.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/player ... FL&id=2003

Last edited by Hatecrewadb on Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:02 am
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Post Re: Bryant Wants To Be A Dolphin
link?

Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:05 am
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

He's a year younger then Boldin & I'm betting he has something to prove after the way last season went for him in Tampa. If he's healthy, he's better then what else we have

Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:06 am
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

I found the barely notable source. Its the last sentence of a Dansby article -
http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/03/06/1515393/a-defensive-force.html

Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:09 am
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

It's dangerous signing a player who is 30 because this is probably his last big contract. How motivated will he be?

Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:14 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Get a young guy. Not an old guy. We need a big threat for years to come, not months. Dez Bryant.

Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:54 am
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

im gonna be pissed if they end up getting antonio bryant, first of all hes old and second of all he gets injured a lot.... if they didnt get boldin i understand its bc they were worried about his old age ( not really) and his injuries... but if they get antonio bryant ill be so pissed bc hes older, gayer, and ten times worse at the wr position. i dont see why they dont either get dez or trade for someone else sweet. the only reason antonio said that he is interested in joining the fins is bc he knows theyre the only team that DESPERATELY needs a receiver now that the ravens got boldin. antonio is just in it for the cash he doesnt really care where he goes.

Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:38 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

I'd pass on him.

Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:45 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

dolfan24 wrote:
im gonna be pissed if they end up getting antonio bryant, first of all hes old and second of all he gets injured a lot.... if they didnt get boldin i understand its bc they were worried about his old age ( not really) and his injuries... but if they get antonio bryant ill be so pissed bc hes older, gayer, and ten times worse at the wr position.
Bryant is younger than Boldin. Bryant is healthier than Boldin. Gayer? How old are you? 10?

dolfan24 wrote:
i dont see why they dont either get dez
Because they have to wait till the draft to maybe get him.

dolfan24 wrote:
or trade for someone else sweet.
or get their magic wand out & conjure a stud WR up.

dolfan24 wrote:
the only reason antonio said that he is interested in joining the fins is bc he knows theyre the only team that DESPERATELY needs a receiver now that the ravens got boldin..
Yea & Dansby was interested in Miami because of the weather.

dolfan24 wrote:
antonio is just in it for the cash he doesnt really care where he goes.
Yea, its just Antonio. The rest of the players in the NFL simply want to play. They do not care about a pay check.

Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:26 pm
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

ok i agree wiht the playing for the paycheck and waiting for dez, but boldin is younger than antonio

Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:28 pm
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

and how do u figure he's healthier than boldin? boldin has started 15 games, and having bigger than a 1000 yard season... how did ur man antonio do??? started just 11 games and had 600 yds... sounds like someone a) sucks b) doesnt try c) unhealthy

Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:31 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

dolfan24 wrote:
ok i agree wiht the playing for the paycheck and waiting for dez, but boldin is younger than antonio

Antonio Bryant: Age: 28. Born: 3/9/1981

Anquan Boldin: Age: 29. Born: 10/3/1980

Boldin is older than Bryant. :hithead:

Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:32 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

dolfan24 wrote:

Boldin older by 5 months.

dolfan24 wrote:
and how do u figure he's healthier than boldin? boldin has started 15 games, and having bigger than a 1000 yard season... how did ur man antonio do??? started just 11 games and had 600 yds... sounds like someone a) sucks b) doesnt try c) unhealthy

Are you just a stat checker? Boldin had Warner throwing to him. Bryant had a rookie, a 2nd Yr player & Leftwich throwing the him. Yes, Bryant had a slight knee injury that kept him out of a few games last year. Boldin has missed 7 games the past 3 years & is always battling a leg injury.

I'm not knocking Boldin. He is a solid No. 2 man. Bryant can hold down the No. 1 spot. Huge difference.

Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:40 pm
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

ok i didnt know that, thats good i guess but still boldin had warner throwing to him true, but he also had somone to split catches with in fitzg, but antonio shouldve had more catches bc he was the number one in tampa... and u should check ur stats bc tampas qb is freeman

Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:47 pm
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

i just realllly dont want a lazy "number one" receiver in a injury prone receiver in antonio...... at least boldin was proven to be a receiver that can produce in the nfl, antonio is veryyyy inconsistent

Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:49 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

dolfan24 wrote:
ok i didnt know that, thats good i guess but still boldin had warner throwing to him true, but he also had somone to split catches with in fitzg,
Yes, but Ari throws much more than Tampa.

dolfan24 wrote:
but antonio shouldve had more catches bc he was the number one in tampa... and u should check ur stats bc tampas qb is freeman

Check my stats? Check your own. Yes Josh Freeman ( Who is a rookie ) is their starter ( Now ). He started his first game in Wk 8. Josh Johnson ( 2nd Yr player ) 4,5,6 & 7. Leftwich started Wk. 1, 2, & 3.

No exactly a ringing endorsement of quality Qbing.

Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:00 pm
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

the reason quan gets the ball so much is bc he makes plays, and he works after the catch... the phins offense is ABSOLUTELY NOTHIGN like the cards... theyre not gona pass a ton like the cards do. also chad henne is no kurt warner. hes better than freeman but on the same experience level. im guessing bryant gets the saem stats with the fins if he comes as he did last year... really i would rather sign derrick mason even tho hes so old and just try to draft dez or arrelious benn or someone

Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:03 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

dolfan24 wrote:
i just realllly dont want a lazy "number one" receiver in a injury prone receiver in antonio...... at least boldin was proven to be a receiver that can produce in the nfl, antonio is veryyyy inconsistent

Lazy? Based on what? Inconsistent? How do you figure that?

No one is saying Bryant has been a better Wr than Boldin over their career.

Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:03 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

dolfan24 wrote:
the reason quan gets the ball so much is bc he makes plays, and he works after the catch... the phins offense is ABSOLUTELY NOTHIGN like the cards... theyre not gona pass a ton like the cards do. also chad henne is no kurt warner. hes better than freeman but on the same experience level. im guessing bryant gets the saem stats with the fins if he comes as he did last year... really i would rather sign derrick mason even tho hes so old and just try to draft dez or arrelious benn or someone

Boldin has been a heck of a Wr during his career. I've never bashed Boldin.

Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:05 pm
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

i figure hes lazy bc its sad that he only caught 39 balls in starting 11 games as a no. 1 receiver.... even with the bad qbs he had....

Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:09 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Good for him but i dont care........so no

Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:15 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

dolfan24 wrote:

another reason why fans should never run a team.... :ann0y:

Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:18 pm
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]