View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:35 pm

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 
 Dansby! 
Phinfever Blog Writer/NFL Pick 'Em Champ

Post Dansby!
Well, ParSparLand certainly didn't dilly around. Okay, we get a three-down LB. Played/Started all 16 games for last two full slates, and got 100+ Tackles each of those seasons. 4 FF, 4 FR, 3 Ints, 1 TD in those two seasons, 28 years old, 6'4" 250. There's a reason Dansby wore the tag the last few years...

...Now what?
Dansby more than makes up for the loss of Ayodele, if he plays inside. If he plays outside, it remains to be seen if he replaces Porter. If he's going to rotate both spots, then we're not done at LB. One of the first three picks has got to be LB, although this minimizes the chance it would be #1 imho.

Any thoughts on this? I'm really thinking Safety #1.

Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:34 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator & FFL Commish

Post Re: Dansby!
Dansby said he is a 100% ILB. Doesn't plan on playing any OLB...

To me, I think that NT and OLB need to be our first two selections, with OLB being in round 1. If Cam Thomas and Cody are gone by round 2, I think you wait a little while longer for a NT.

I don't think McClain is still an option at 12, but I do think that a guy like Micah Johnson should still be a serious option in the 3rd round; not becuase he would be the BPA necassarily, but because, remember, Crowder might not be ready for next season...the guy is suffering from a very serious injury that occured in week 15....Not much time to rehab.

As far as FS, Paw, I know you're a fan of one at 12, but I just don't think the need is there. I think you've got a young FS in Chris Clemons who has the potential to be very good. He showed a lot of promise last season, and teaming him up with Culver, I think you've got a nice combination.

As for people who want Earl Thomas....remember BP's motto....bigger is better. Thomas is as small a safety as you are going to find, and, regardless of how good he is, I think his said size will knock him down Parcell's and Ireland's board.

I mean, if Berry falls to you at 12, that's one thing....but that won't happen. So with that said I think you need to finish off the LB core and acquire a young pass rusher to spell JT and Wake.

Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:57 pm

Well, if big you want there is the USC kid Mays; I just like Thomas better because he can not only cover but ballhawk, and coverage is one of the 'mehs' of Mays (poor pun I know).
Then of OLB and NT to me it would be NT. There's a host of really good ones at the top.

Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:16 pm

I hate hate Taylor Mays. I like his ability too. Just saying that Thomas, IMO, is way too small for Parcell's liking.

But he's not tall, nor is he thick.

Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:21 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Phins Rock wrote:
I hate hate Taylor Mays. I like his ability too. Just saying that Thomas, IMO, is way too small for Parcell's liking.

But he's not tall, nor is he thick.

The best safety in the league is Ed Reed, and is but 3 pounds bigger than Thomas...I really wish you'd get off this size thing.

Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:11 pm

I just said I like Earl....I think he's going to be a tremendous safety.

My point is Bill Parcells always preffers bigger players, regardless of position. Thomas does not fit the BP mold.

Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:30 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

I wasn't much for Dez Bryant when I thought there was a chance of us landing Boldin for a third. That being said, there really isn't anyone out there that would be a significant upgrade at wide receiver and I see that as being a big need. I think one of our first two picks needs to be a WR. If Bryant is there, you almost have to take him, if he is not, you gotta take a guy in the 2nd round (IMHO).

Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:14 am
Phinfever VIP!
Phinfever VIP!

phin, I agree. we finally have a qb with potential and we need to give him a weapon

Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:01 am

Phins Rock wrote:

My point is Bill Parcells always preffers bigger players, regardless of position. Thomas does not fit the BP mold.

Then why court Ryan Clark? He's the same size in height as Thomas, and only seven pounds heavier? With a pro regimen, Thomas will add a few pounds anyway.

Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:46 pm

Does he play with the physical nature of Ryan Clark though??

Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:19 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

pawfectgent wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:

Then why court Ryan Clark? He's the same size in height as Thomas, and only seven pounds heavier? With a pro regimen, Thomas will add a few pounds anyway.

Because it doesn't matter a player's size, Phins Rock will always find something wrong with it.

Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:59 pm
Phinfever Radio Host/Blog Writer
Phinfever Radio Host/Blog Writer

Phins Rock wrote:
My point is Bill Parcells always preffers bigger players, regardless of position.

Which is why he drafted an undersized QB and signed Devone Bess.

Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:28 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Its a stretch but I think Eric Berry is special. Our secondary would be locked down for about a decade

Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:47 pm
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Steve Zissou wrote:
Its a stretch but I think Eric Berry is special. Our secondary would be locked down for about a decade

there is no way Eric Berry falls to us.

Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:51 pm

Rich wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:
My point is Bill Parcells always preffers bigger players, regardless of position.

Which is why he drafted an undersized QB and signed Devone Bess.

Well obviously we're all still scratching our heads about the Pat White selection.

But 99.9% of the time, BP will go with the bigger, thicker player.

Just look at our drafts and FA signings....Nearly all of them are big, physical dudes who play even bigger.

Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:16 am
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

nbrewer22 wrote:
Steve Zissou wrote:

there is no way Eric Berry falls to us.

yea youre right. I meant stretch as in "maybe we'll trade up" ? I need a smiley that demonstrates wishful thinking

Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:18 am
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]