View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:31 am



Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ] 
 To all those who want Brandon Marshall... 
Author Message
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7532
Location: Massachusetts
Post To all those who want Brandon Marshall...
Here you go.


Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

As I've said before and I'll continue to say....Pass.


Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:38 pm
Profile
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:50 pm
Posts: 52
Post Re: To all those who want Brandon Marshall...
To counter this all i have to do is show you his on the field stats


Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:11 pm
Profile
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 21757
Location: Miami, FL
Post Re: To all those who want Brandon Marshall...
FloDro wrote:
To counter this all i have to do is show you his on the field stats


And it would be a weak counter.

What will all those on the field stats be worth if he gets himself suspended or thrown in jail?

_________________
Image


Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:26 pm
Profile
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7532
Location: Massachusetts
Post Re: To all those who want Brandon Marshall...
What Rich said.

And this kind of stuff, and I know some will deny it, does have significant effects in the locker room.

If I'm the FO, I don't want this cancer on my team..... Period.


Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:32 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:30 am
Posts: 2561
Post Re: To all those who want Brandon Marshall...
Don't worry. It seems clear that the Dolphins are not serious at all about addressing their weakness at WR. Marshall will continue to pile up huge stats while we continue to hover at .500.

_________________
Image
Philbin's countenance exudes confidence!
1984 was so long ago...Will there ever be another rainbow?


Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:49 pm
Profile
Phinfever Newbie
Phinfever Newbie

Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:09 pm
Posts: 8
Post Re: To all those who want Brandon Marshall...
With my first official post back just wanna say;
sign his arss!


:pumpiron:

_________________
Image

Our future is only as strong as the weakness we come from.


Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:11 pm
Profile
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:14 pm
Posts: 3462
Location: Columbia, SC
Post Re: To all those who want Brandon Marshall...
Frustrated, I certainly understand the need to address the WR position, but do we really want to overlook all sins to acquire talent? We know this is not a league of Boy Scouts, but were do you draw the line.

I love Brandon Marshall, the football player and he is pretty much what you want in a WR. Big, makes plays and is great with the ball after the catch. But you not only have to look at the domestic violence situation with his girl friend, but the childish behavior before the season started when he was so disruptive in one of the Broncos practices kicking the ball around and being a baby.

Plus, while we know the offense needs more pieces and WR is definitely one of the pieces needed, the defense gave up 24.4 points a game last year.

_________________
Image


Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:14 pm
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:17 am
Posts: 3682
Post Re: To all those who want Brandon Marshall...
It seems to me that the odds are he will be piling up stats on the field the same way Plaxico Buress is.


Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:16 pm
Profile
Phinfever Newbie
Phinfever Newbie

Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:09 pm
Posts: 8
Post Re: To all those who want Brandon Marshall...
Uhh I meant *dont sign his arss* specially for a 1st rounder.

I messed up my first official post back. I get a redo right?

_________________
Image

Our future is only as strong as the weakness we come from.


Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:26 pm
Profile
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:14 pm
Posts: 3462
Location: Columbia, SC
Post Re: To all those who want Brandon Marshall...
:grin: Yes you do.

_________________
Image


Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:40 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:30 am
Posts: 2561
Post Re: To all those who want Brandon Marshall...
Plaxico will be back....and still will be a better receiver than anyone on our current roster. Marshall has his issues, but his production is what counts. As long as he is there every year and is winning football games, then I think we should consider signing him. LIke I said, don't sweat it. We signed the one big name we are going to.....Dansby......and paid him a load of money. I sure hope it works out better than the money we shelled out for Wilford or Gibril Wilson....or the money we spent to rent an aging Porter. At least he gave us one great season.

This team will enter the season with Hartline, Bess and Ginn or Camarillo as the starting wide receivers. We will probably take some late round shots at another WR, but that ain't gonna' get it done. Once again, as long as a team can get a good lead on us they will own us. Once the Phins are in catch-up mode, the offense struggles mightily. Look for another 8-8 or less season. The defense will improve, but you need to have a potent offense as well.....maybe in 2011 it gets done?

_________________
Image
Philbin's countenance exudes confidence!
1984 was so long ago...Will there ever be another rainbow?


Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:59 pm
Profile
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 21757
Location: Miami, FL
Post Re: To all those who want Brandon Marshall...
FrustratedFinFan wrote:
Marshall will continue to pile up huge stats while we continue to hover at .500.


What have the Broncos been hovering around while he piles up those huge stats?

_________________
Image


Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:13 am
Profile
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:51 am
Posts: 226
Post Re: To all those who want Brandon Marshall...
I'm not attempting to condone or justify domestic violence. However, I strongly doubt that none of the 53 guys on our roster hit their wives/girlfriends. Domestic violence is one of the most under reported crimes in the country. It might not make the news but I'm willing to bet that it happens.

Taking the moral high ground on Marshall seems false unless you would also recommend getting rid of anyone who hits their wives/girlfriends. I don't remember who thought we should cut McMichael when that came out but I don't think it was many people.

Yes, it's inexcusable but it's also a personal issue.

_________________
Thanks for making the sig PZ.


Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:49 am
Profile
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 21757
Location: Miami, FL
Post Re: To all those who want Brandon Marshall...
Gentlax13 wrote:
I don't remember who thought we should cut McMichael when that came out but I don't think it was many people.


Maybe because McMichael's wife was the one punching him in the back of the head while he was vomiting in the toilet...

And the issues with Marshall go beyond domestic violence.

Quote:
Legal trouble
According to Orlando-Orange County public records (case 48-2004-MM-012392-O), on Halloween 2004, while a student at UCF, Marshall was arrested in Orlando on charges of assault on a law enforcement officer, refusal to obey, disorderly conduct and resisting an officer.[54]

On January 1, 2007, Marshall was present at "The Shelter," a nightclub in Denver, Colorado, along with teammates Javon Walker and Darrent Williams. The trio was attending a birthday party held for and by Denver Nuggets forward Kenyon Martin. As the players were leaving the club in a limousine, Williams was fatally shot in the neck after an unknown assailant opened fire on the vehicle. Willie Clark was later charged with the murder.[55] Walker has stated in interviews that the shooter was likely a nightclub patron whose motive was retaliation after being involved in an altercation with Marshall's cousin earlier that night.[56]

On March 26, 2007, Marshall was arrested in the Highlands Ranch suburb of Denver on suspicion of domestic violence after his girlfriend reported that following a domestic dispute, Marshall prevented a taxi she was in from leaving his house.[57] Charges from the incident were later dismissed on May 25, 2007, after Marshall completed anger management counseling.[58]

In the early morning of October 22, 2007, Marshall was arrested in the Denver-Aurora metropolitan area at the intersection of 14th and Blake St. for driving under the influence of alcohol.[59] A trial was scheduled for September 16, but Marshall instead agreed to a plea bargain four days earlier; he pleaded guilty to a reduced charge of driving while ability impaired.[60] He was sentenced to one-year probation and 24 hours of community service.

On June 12, 2008, Marshall was ticketed for an illegal lane change, then found to be without his license and proof of insurance.[61] The case was eventually dropped as part of a plea bargain for the October 22, 2007 driving incident involving alcohol.[60]

According to an article published in the Rocky Mountain News on July 28, 2008, Douglas County deputies fielded "about 11" calls to Marshall's home since January 2006. The article stated that one call resulted in Marshall being arrested (the March 26, 2007 domestic dispute), and some did not involve him at all.[62]

A September 17, 2008 article on CompleteColorado.com stated that the solicitor's office in Fulton County, Georgia filed misdemeanor battery charges on September 10 for an alleged incident on March 4, 2008, in Atlanta, Georgia. Marshall was booked on March 6, then released the next day after posting a $1,000 cash bond.[63] The case was assigned to Judge John Mather in Georgia state court.[64] On August 14, 2009, a jury in Atlanta found Marshall not guilty.[65]

On March 1, 2009, Marshall was arrested in Atlanta for disorderly conduct after allegedly being involved in a fight with his fiancee, Michi Nogami-Campbell. Marshall was released on a $300 bond.[66] The charges were dropped the following day.[67]


It is a pattern of behavior, not an isolated incident.

_________________
Image


Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:53 am
Profile
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:50 pm
Posts: 52
Post Re: To all those who want Brandon Marshall...
Rich wrote:
Gentlax13 wrote:
I don't remember who thought we should cut McMichael when that came out but I don't think it was many people.


Maybe because McMichael's wife was the one punching him in the back of the head while he was vomiting in the toilet...

And the issues with Marshall go beyond domestic violence.

Quote:
Legal trouble
According to Orlando-Orange County public records (case 48-2004-MM-012392-O), on Halloween 2004, while a student at UCF, Marshall was arrested in Orlando on charges of assault on a law enforcement officer, refusal to obey, disorderly conduct and resisting an officer.[54]

On January 1, 2007, Marshall was present at "The Shelter," a nightclub in Denver, Colorado, along with teammates Javon Walker and Darrent Williams. The trio was attending a birthday party held for and by Denver Nuggets forward Kenyon Martin. As the players were leaving the club in a limousine, Williams was fatally shot in the neck after an unknown assailant opened fire on the vehicle. Willie Clark was later charged with the murder.[55] Walker has stated in interviews that the shooter was likely a nightclub patron whose motive was retaliation after being involved in an altercation with Marshall's cousin earlier that night.[56]

On March 26, 2007, Marshall was arrested in the Highlands Ranch suburb of Denver on suspicion of domestic violence after his girlfriend reported that following a domestic dispute, Marshall prevented a taxi she was in from leaving his house.[57] Charges from the incident were later dismissed on May 25, 2007, after Marshall completed anger management counseling.[58]

In the early morning of October 22, 2007, Marshall was arrested in the Denver-Aurora metropolitan area at the intersection of 14th and Blake St. for driving under the influence of alcohol.[59] A trial was scheduled for September 16, but Marshall instead agreed to a plea bargain four days earlier; he pleaded guilty to a reduced charge of driving while ability impaired.[60] He was sentenced to one-year probation and 24 hours of community service.

On June 12, 2008, Marshall was ticketed for an illegal lane change, then found to be without his license and proof of insurance.[61] The case was eventually dropped as part of a plea bargain for the October 22, 2007 driving incident involving alcohol.[60]

According to an article published in the Rocky Mountain News on July 28, 2008, Douglas County deputies fielded "about 11" calls to Marshall's home since January 2006. The article stated that one call resulted in Marshall being arrested (the March 26, 2007 domestic dispute), and some did not involve him at all.[62]

A September 17, 2008 article on CompleteColorado.com stated that the solicitor's office in Fulton County, Georgia filed misdemeanor battery charges on September 10 for an alleged incident on March 4, 2008, in Atlanta, Georgia. Marshall was booked on March 6, then released the next day after posting a $1,000 cash bond.[63] The case was assigned to Judge John Mather in Georgia state court.[64] On August 14, 2009, a jury in Atlanta found Marshall not guilty.[65]

On March 1, 2009, Marshall was arrested in Atlanta for disorderly conduct after allegedly being involved in a fight with his fiancee, Michi Nogami-Campbell. Marshall was released on a $300 bond.[66] The charges were dropped the following day.[67]


It is a pattern of behavior, not an isolated incident.


When the Mcmichael story first broke we didnt know it was his wife was beating on him. That was stated much later. The Javon Walker situtation...Well thats very unfourtante but sometimes you cant help a situtation like that...Ive been at the club and heard shots fired...it happens there are some crazy people out there. To me he is worth the risk put a clause in the trade saying if he ends up in jail the first year then the draft pick is reduced. We need a #1 WR and he is top 5 in league no question about it.


Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:53 am
Profile
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:09 am
Posts: 774
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Post Re: To all those who want Brandon Marshall...
FloDro wrote:
The Javon Walker situtation...Well thats very unfourtante but sometimes you cant help a situtation like that...Ive been at the club and heard shots fired...it happens there are some crazy people out there.


And Marshall certainly did not help the situation by making trouble with the accused killers and escalating the situation.

Quote:
"This defendant who got sprayed did not take very well to this," Levin said. Outside the club, Clark and Harris confronted the Broncos entourage, Levin said, and a man in the group believed to be Marshall "palmed" Clark's head, infuriating him.

Witnesses said Clark began asking his friends if they had a "heater," slang for gun. Later, Levin said Clark got into a white SUV, where he kept a gun, and caught up with the stretch Hummer that had left the nightclub with the Broncos players inside.



http://content.usatoday.net/dist/custom/gci/InsidePage.aspx?cId=rgj&sParam=37642538.story

_________________
Image


Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:15 am
Profile
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 21757
Location: Miami, FL
Post Re: To all those who want Brandon Marshall...
FloDro wrote:
We need a #1 WR and he is top 5 in league no question about it.


Aside from his off the field issues, I do not think he is the type of player we need. We have plenty of possession receivers and that is exactly what Marshall is.

We need a guy that can stretch the field.

_________________
Image


Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:19 am
Profile
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:50 pm
Posts: 52
Post Re: To all those who want Brandon Marshall...
Rich wrote:
FloDro wrote:
We need a #1 WR and he is top 5 in league no question about it.


Aside from his off the field issues, I do not think he is the type of player we need. We have plenty of possession receivers and that is exactly what Marshall is.

We need a guy that can stretch the field.


We have a bunch of mediocore WR and your ganna say you wouldnt want him aside from his off field issues? Thats crazy he is the definition of a #1 WR


Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:33 pm
Profile
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 21757
Location: Miami, FL
Post Re: To all those who want Brandon Marshall...
FloDro wrote:
We have a bunch of mediocore WR and your ganna say you wouldnt want him aside from his off field issues? Thats crazy he is the definition of a #1 WR


When the phrase "aside from" is used, it is intended to be synonymous with "in addition to". I'm OBVIOUSLY not excluding his off the field issues in the formalization of my opinion. I would think that would be clear to anyone reading my posts in this thread.

But who knows, maybe what I just said IS crazy talk. Silly me.

I'd love to have a player with his skillset if he wasn't a headcase. But being that he IS a headcase AND isn't a vertical threat, I'd rather go in another direction. I'd take a player with lesser physical talent, more heart, more work ethic and more ability to create space downfield than I would Marshall in a heartbeat.

Is that clear enough for you or are you still confused?

_________________
Image


Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:56 pm
Profile
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:09 am
Posts: 774
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Post Re: To all those who want Brandon Marshall...
Zach Thomas weighed in on the subject..

Quote:
Speaking of former Dolphins linebackers, Zach Thomas was on WQAM 560-AM Thursday.

He was asked what he'd say if Bill Parcells asked him whether or not to go after enigmatic Denver wide receiver Brandon Marshall, a restricted free agent.

"Yes," Thomas said emphatically. "Do it now before anybody else changes their mind."

Marshall has issues as you know if you read this blog. He would cost a first-round pick. He would also cost a contract that would likely average $9-$10 million per year.

No problem, Thomas said.

"With Brandon Marshall it’s about money," he said. "If you pay the guy well he’s gonna play hard. He even played hard last year. He’s got a lot of pride, and he can be a little selfish, but good players are selfish. Look at a guy like Terrell (Owens), guys can go to extremes. But Brandon Marshall is a proven player; he’s still young, and I tell you what, he’s best in the league right now.

"It’s not even a first and a third. Miles Austin is a first and third because (Dallas wants) to keep him. He’s a first round? It would make everybody better. It would make Ted Ginn better, it would make (Greg) Camarillo better, all of them better -- (Davone) Bess. That’s who they need. Because if you’re gonna take a chance on Dez Bryant – I don’t know much about college, I go by what I hear – but if you’re gonna take a chance, you don’t need that. You go with a guy that’s proven."


http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins_in_depth/

_________________
Image


Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:05 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:30 am
Posts: 2561
Post Re: To all those who want Brandon Marshall...
Good Lord....this game is huge guys hitting each other at full speed....and people want players that are pure as the driven snow. Please.....every team has players with issues....including the Dolphins. The goal should be to win. A good organization manages "problem" players and wins.....kind of like the Pats and Moss. Brandon Marshall is a true #1 wide receiver and not a possession receiver. If his stats from last year make him a possession receiver, than our receivers must not qualify to be more than a water boy.

_________________
Image
Philbin's countenance exudes confidence!
1984 was so long ago...Will there ever be another rainbow?


Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:42 pm
Profile
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:14 pm
Posts: 3462
Location: Columbia, SC
Post Re: To all those who want Brandon Marshall...
For what it is worth, if Miami were to take a run at Marshall, I can't say I would be to upset with the move because you understand what he brings to a football team.

That being said, just because this is not a league of Angels means you bring in every darn head case in the league because they can play the game of football. If you bring Brandon in, you realize he brings a lot of baggage with him.

_________________
Image


Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:01 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:30 am
Posts: 2561
Post Re: To all those who want Brandon Marshall...
...never said bring in all the head cases.....just the ones that will help the team win. You have to hope that your coaching staff can take a guy like Marshall and give him motivation and direction. Not everyone is fortunate enough to have a team of model citizens....yet, in the end, you have to take the hand that is given to you and win with it. Great coaches are the ones who get the most out of the players they have. If your coach fails to do that, then maybe your coach might be the problem.

_________________
Image
Philbin's countenance exudes confidence!
1984 was so long ago...Will there ever be another rainbow?


Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:11 pm
Profile
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 21757
Location: Miami, FL
Post Re: To all those who want Brandon Marshall...
FrustratedFinFan wrote:
Good Lord....this game is huge guys hitting each other at full speed....and people want players that are pure as the driven snow. Please.....every team has players with issues....including the Dolphins. The goal should be to win. A good organization manages "problem" players and wins.....kind of like the Pats and Moss. Brandon Marshall is a true #1 wide receiver and not a possession receiver. If his stats from last year make him a possession receiver, than our receivers must not qualify to be more than a water boy.


I hate when people start comparing receivers with primadonna attitudes like Owens and Moss to guys who are always in trouble with the law like Marshall.

Apples to oranges.

_________________
Image


Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:57 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:30 am
Posts: 2561
Post Re: To all those who want Brandon Marshall...
How much prison time has Marshall done since he joined the NFL? "Trouble with the law" usually leads to that kind of punishment. Didn't we just have a player caught for driving drunk....no calls for his head yet.....

_________________
Image
Philbin's countenance exudes confidence!
1984 was so long ago...Will there ever be another rainbow?


Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:01 am
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 5439
Post Re: To all those who want Brandon Marshall...
FrustratedFinFan wrote:
How much prison time has Marshall done since he joined the NFL? "Trouble with the law" usually leads to that kind of punishment. Didn't we just have a player caught for driving drunk....no calls for his head yet.....


Actually I did.
But he has continually put himself into trouble by hanging out with the wrong crowd. It's not like he's just gotten some speeding tickets, he's been alleged multiple times for some serious stuff.

_________________
Image


Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:34 am
Profile
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 21757
Location: Miami, FL
Post Re: To all those who want Brandon Marshall...
FrustratedFinFan wrote:
How much prison time has Marshall done since he joined the NFL? "Trouble with the law" usually leads to that kind of punishment. Didn't we just have a player caught for driving drunk....no calls for his head yet.....


So he has to go to prison in order to demonstrate trouble with the law? Nevermind the number of times he has been arrested or the police have come to his house?

Are you serious?

The only reason he wasn't convicted of anything was because he plea bargained.

_________________
Image


Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:42 am
Profile
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:09 am
Posts: 774
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Post Re: To all those who want Brandon Marshall...
As I just said in the other thread..

If it were your mother or your sister that Marshall had beating on, would you want to give him a $10mil contract??

_________________
Image


Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:56 am
Profile
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:50 pm
Posts: 52
Post Re: To all those who want Brandon Marshall...
Rich wrote:
FloDro wrote:
We have a bunch of mediocore WR and your ganna say you wouldnt want him aside from his off field issues? Thats crazy he is the definition of a #1 WR


When the phrase "aside from" is used, it is intended to be synonymous with "in addition to". I'm OBVIOUSLY not excluding his off the field issues in the formalization of my opinion. I would think that would be clear to anyone reading my posts in this thread.

But who knows, maybe what I just said IS crazy talk. Silly me.

I'd love to have a player with his skillset if he wasn't a headcase. But being that he IS a headcase AND isn't a vertical threat, I'd rather go in another direction. I'd take a player with lesser physical talent, more heart, more work ethic and more ability to create space downfield than I would Marshall in a heartbeat.

Is that clear enough for you or are you still confused?


Nope you still left me confused, its not synonymous with in addition to its synonymous with the exception of... So to say with the exception of his off field issues I dont think he is the type of player we need. It makes no sense hes exactly the type of player we need


Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:34 am
Profile
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:09 am
Posts: 774
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Post Re: To all those who want Brandon Marshall...
FloDro wrote:
It makes no sense hes exactly the type of player we need


The exact type of player we need is Andre Johnson.

_________________
Image


Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:47 am
Profile
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:50 pm
Posts: 52
Post Re: To all those who want Brandon Marshall...
joeschmoe wrote:
FloDro wrote:
It makes no sense hes exactly the type of player we need


The exact type of player we need is Andre Johnson.


Andre Johnson isnt going anywhere and we have a chance to get a top 5 WR...With WR being the biggest need on O you pull the trigger.


Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:45 am
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:30 am
Posts: 2561
Post Re: To all those who want Brandon Marshall...
This is the NFL in 2010. I don't expect my players to all be Dudley Do-right. I want to win. Maybe a change of scenery and staff might possibly help Marshall as well? Maybe it could be a win-win situation? I think you have to make a move for Marshall, or draft Dez Bryant. Anything less is a major disappointment. It isn't 1986 anymore. Our defense isn't even a shadow of the one the Giants put on the field in those years....and the NFL rules no longer favor teams that run, run and run some more. Wake up Parcells, it is the 21st century calling. Hell, even the Saints can win a Super Bowl now.

_________________
Image
Philbin's countenance exudes confidence!
1984 was so long ago...Will there ever be another rainbow?


Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:06 pm
Profile
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:09 am
Posts: 774
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Post Re: To all those who want Brandon Marshall...
FrustratedFinFan wrote:
This is the NFL in 2010. I don't expect my players to all be Dudley Do-right. I want to win.


Roger Goodell begs to differ. Why bring in a guy if he runs the risk of missing half a season due to suspension? Why is this so hard to see?

_________________
Image


Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:13 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:30 am
Posts: 2561
Post Re: To all those who want Brandon Marshall...
Well....if no Marshall....how about Dez Bryant? Why not at least have made a move for Boldin....maybe even Greg Olsen? The reason we aren't making these moves is painfully obvious. It is going to be another draft full of defensive players and some late round tidbits for the offense. Stand by for another season of run, run and more run.....and gimmick plays in an attempt to get scores and chunk yardage that we can't generate running the ball. Why not make a move for a true break away back if we don't really want to throw the ball more than 10 yards?

_________________
Image
Philbin's countenance exudes confidence!
1984 was so long ago...Will there ever be another rainbow?


Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:59 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 5439
Post Re: To all those who want Brandon Marshall...
FrustratedFinFan wrote:
Well....if no Marshall....how about Dez Bryant? Why not at least have made a move for Boldin....maybe even Greg Olsen? The reason we aren't making these moves is painfully obvious. It is going to be another draft full of defensive players and some late round tidbits for the offense. Stand by for another season of run, run and more run.....and gimmick plays in an attempt to get scores and chunk yardage that we can't generate running the ball. Why not make a move for a true break away back if we don't really want to throw the ball more than 10 yards?


Yikes...you're getting ridiculous.
You fail to recognize that Miami's offense can score, and did score without guys like Brown, Cobbs and some offensive lineman to injury, and no tight end to speak of.

The defense was TERRIBLE.

_________________
Image


Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:38 pm
Profile
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:39 pm
Posts: 228
Post Re: To all those who want Brandon Marshall...
now that its getting close to the draft i would rather have miami hold on to the pick instead of looking to trade a 1st rounder for someone, like marshall.

i know this kid has been talked about before on here, but he's a big dude and reportedly ran a fast time just before he broke his foot. :

Demaryius Thomas - Ridiculously gifted and in the Terrell Owens mold, "Bay-Bay" Thomas was dealt a significant blow when he fractured a bone in his left foot in mid-February. Though the break was clean, Thomas underwent surgery and was ruled out for the Scouting Combine and Yellow Jackets' Pro Day. The 6'3/229-pound game breaker was videotaped running a 4.38 forty just days before the injury, and Thomas' representation sent the film to all 32 teams. Still, he remains questionable to perform drills live for evaluators before the draft and is no longer a surefire first-round pick.

http://blogs.rotoworld.com/Fantasy_Football/2010/03/draft_season_series_wrs_stock.php


Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:55 pm
Profile
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:12 am
Posts: 347
Post Re: To all those who want Brandon Marshall...
SIGN BRANDON MARSHALL NOW!!!

He is a serious play maker on the field, and exactly the type of receiver Chad Henne needs. He can run with the ball, which is something that our receiverrs lack, with the exception of Davone Bess, who has already solidified the "Wes Welker" role in our offense.

Henne said it best when he described our passing game as "finesse". We dont have an explosive receiver, and Marshall is as explosive as it gets.

Plus, Parcells has dealt with numerous troubled receivers, I'm sure he could handle Marshall.

The draft is very thing at receiver, why gamble on a guy like Bryant when Marshall is proven and in his prime?

I disagree with the idea that our offense is set and that we can score consistently. We were extremely inconsistent and had problems with receivers and tight ends dropping passes all year long. We often went on scoring droughts and when Ronnie Brown went down we all knew it was over.

_________________
Image


Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:24 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 37 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007, 2010 phpBB Group.
Designed by Coots & IamPZ - Phinfever.com.