View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:31 pm

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 
 Antonio Bryant (edit: signs with Bengals) 
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Post Antonio Bryant (edit: signs with Bengals)
Now that we missed on Clark I think we should make an offer to Bryant. He won't cost much and as soon as he steps on the field he is our best WR. I know he has bad history with Parcells but I heard they have worked that out. I'm not saying it's going to happen but what do you guys think of signing Bryant?

Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:32 pm
2014 Survival Champ
2014 Survival Champ

Post Re: Antonio Bryant
MdDolfan wrote:
Now that we missed on Clark I think we should make an offer to Bryant. He won't cost much and as soon as he steps on the field he is our best WR. I know he has bad history with Parcells but I heard they have worked that out. I'm not saying it's going to happen but what do you guys think of signing Bryant?

If Miami was interested in him then they would have already reached out for him. They appear to be done on the 1st wave FA front.

Last edited by Dphins4me on Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:45 pm
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

With the possible exception of O.J Atogwe at FS, that is probably true.

Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:59 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

The Dolphins have reportedly touched base with the player rep for free agent Antonio Bryant.
Miami's interest thus far is said to be "lukewarm" while Bryant has openly expressed a desire to play for the Dolphins. The Bengals remain the favorites, as they were still talking contract with Bryant as of Tuesday night.
Source: Armando Salguero on Twitter

Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:33 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Malcolm Floyd?

Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:44 am
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

The Bengals also have TO in town.

I can't help but feel that Bryant will be another Wilford. I'm not high on him, I'd rather stick with what we've got.

Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:21 am
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

Antonio Bryant has been far more productive than Ernest Wilford. It's not the talent you question with Bryant, it's his head.

He obviously had the incident with Bill Parcells while playing for the Dallas Cowboys when he threw the towel in Parcells face, but from all accounts they have patched up there relationship.

The Bengals prefer him over Terrell Owens, so it may be a moot point, so we shall see.

Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:25 am
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

phinsfansc wrote:
Antonio Bryant has been far more productive than Ernest Wilford. It's not the talent you question with Bryant, it's his head.

He obviously had the incident with Bill Parcells while playing for the Dallas Cowboys when he threw the towel in Parcells face, but from all accounts they have patched up there relationship.

The Bengals prefer him over Terrell Owens, so it may be a moot point, so we shall see.

I wasn't referring to the past, I don't think Bryant can come here and live up to expectations, and I believe he may get shown up by our group of #2's.

Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:37 am
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

joeschmoe wrote:
phinsfansc wrote:

I wasn't referring to the past, I don't think Bryant can come here and live up to expectations, and I believe he may get shown up by our group of #2's.

I agree Dez Bryant is not going to fit here in Miami. I can honestly see him turning into a less talented Terrell Owens. Our receiving corps is not all that bad considering that there are 2 undrafted guys, 2 fourth rounders and 1 seriously failing first rounder. All things considered we overachieved in the passing game. But, in all seriousness we need to get a #1 quickly. FA would be my answer. We need veteran experience and smarts.

Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:24 am
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

finfan808 wrote:
joeschmoe wrote:
phinsfansc wrote:

I agree Dez Bryant is not going to fit here in Miami.

The conversation was on Antonio Bryant.

Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:28 am
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

joeschmoe wrote:
The conversation was on Antonio Bryant.

Don't know what I was thinking. Maybe it's because I really don't like Dez Bryant. My bad :embarrassed:

Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:31 am
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Report: Dolphins Interested in Antonio Bryant
Quote:
Bryant is now an unrestricted free agent, and he has met with the Bengals. The Redskins are interested (unless they aren't), and now Bryant's agent tells Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald that the Dolphins have expressed an interest (unless they aren't).

The Dolphins. The Tuna's Dolphins, re-embracing Bryant more than five years after shipping him away.

It shows that the Dolphins realize talented receivers with a low butt-pain factor are few and far between. That said, if Parcells is willing to try a manage a guy who tended to be unmanageable in Dallas, why not go all in and pursue Brandon Marshall?

Plenty of Dolphins fans would agree with us on this. We'll now shut up and let them.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/03/10/report-dolphins-have-interest-in-antonio-bryant/

meh. :yawn:

Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:29 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Quote:
Sounds like no T.O. in Cincinnati. RT @JOCKlifeSPORTS: @Adam_Schefter Antonio Bryant agrees to four-year deal with Cincinnati Bengals

Bryant signed with the Bengals, I'm kinda happy we didn't take the risk.

Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:39 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Re: Antonio Bryant (edit: signs with Bengals)
Oh goody that leaves TO for us. lol

Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:00 pm
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

Apparently San Diego also tendered Malcolm Floyd at a 1st & 3rd round tender. This situation with the CBA has certainly saved the Chargers. They had a boat load of guys that would have been UFA, including Vincent Jackson and Shawne Merriman.

Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:11 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

phinsfansc wrote:
Apparently San Diego also tendered Malcolm Floyd at a 1st & 3rd round tender. This situation with the CBA has certainly saved the Chargers. They had a boat load of guys that would have been UFA, including Vincent Jackson and Shawne Merriman.

I'll tell you one thing....they better win the Super Bowl in 2010, because they are SCREWED for 2011 and beyond....There is no way they can pay all those FA's that they tendered, plus next years....wow.

I feel for the Chargers' FO, because they're gonna be ..... hella busy!

Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:00 pm
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]