View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:38 am



Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ] 
 What Marshall would add 
Author Message
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:35 pm
Posts: 3412
Location: Charleston AFB, SC
Post What Marshall would add
I know I know... Brandon Smandon...

Consider the possibilities with this offense sporting Marshall and Hartline wide with Bess, Cam and Ginn rounding out the depth chart (replace Ginn with Turner if you want). Now consider the R&R Express behind that type of passing game. Now image a red zone offense with Marshall, Turner, Haynos and either the the R's on the field...

Add Marshall and a bomb goes off on the offense. I mean nuclear type explosion of offensive hotness. Even if Marshall doesn't put up mega-numbers, his presence will take the heat off of everyone else and that means moving the ball like a mofo.

I think i'm ok with having to open up the check book for a guy like that (provided he's unrestricted). Boldin would do the same but not for a long time.

Discuss?

_________________
Image


Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:19 pm
Profile
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7532
Location: Massachusetts
Post Re: What Marshall would add
A mentally-straight Brandon Marshall is worth multiple first round picks.

The real one is closer to being worth a 1st rounder to get rid of.

Talent wise, he would be an UNBELIEVABLE pick-up. He would take this offense to a complete other level.

Earlier this year I was starting to think he had grown up. But then he refused to play even though he was healthy with the Post Season on the line, and that was that for me....No thanks.


Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:47 pm
Profile
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:43 pm
Posts: 4581
Location: Wellington, FL
Post Re: What Marshall would add
What Turner are we talking about?

I hope this isnt another rant about the guy who cant even make enough waves to get activated for more then a week...

Yeah, lets bring back Wilford while we are at it :hithead:

_________________
Caveat: These are the opinions of this user, and may differ from your opinion. Please use common sense before taking offense.
Reply may contain sarcasm


Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:01 pm
Profile
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 21598
Location: Miami, FL
Post Re: What Marshall would add
10acjed wrote:
What Turner are we talking about?

I hope this isnt another rant about the guy who cant even make enough waves to get activated for more then a week...

Yeah, lets bring back Wilford while we are at it :hithead:


Your post made no sense.

_________________
Image


Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:43 am
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:41 pm
Posts: 468
Post Re: What Marshall would add
Ski_Money wrote:
I know I know... Brandon Smandon...

Consider the possibilities with this offense sporting Marshall and Hartline wide with Bess, Cam and Ginn rounding out the depth chart (replace Ginn with Turner if you want).


I still don't understand the obsession with Hartline. Maybe its just me.


Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:30 am
Profile
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:43 pm
Posts: 4581
Location: Wellington, FL
Post Re: What Marshall would add
Ski_Money wrote:
(replace Ginn with Turner if you want). Now consider the R&R Express behind that type of passing game. Now image a red zone offense with Marshall, Turner, Haynos and either the the R's on the field...

Discuss?



Understand yet?

Was I mistaken or are we still speculating about what a threat this guy who couldnt even scratch the active roster is???

We need guys to compete, and Turner is good for that. But he obviously is not winning anyone over enough to be considered a starting WR and a threat to start thinking he is something he has not proven to be.

The Marshall part I am all for, or Bolden or Austin or any other of the top WR FA's around this off season. But my hopes are not high for anyone who didnt contribute this season.

_________________
Caveat: These are the opinions of this user, and may differ from your opinion. Please use common sense before taking offense.
Reply may contain sarcasm


Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:43 am
Profile
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 21598
Location: Miami, FL
Post Re: What Marshall would add
10acjed wrote:
Understand yet?


No, this thread is about Brandon Marshall. He mentioned Turner in passing. He isn't "ranting about Turner as you stated in your original post.

_________________
Image


Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:51 am
Profile
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:43 pm
Posts: 4581
Location: Wellington, FL
Post Re: What Marshall would add
Rich wrote:
10acjed wrote:
Understand yet?


No, this thread is about Brandon Marshall. He mentioned Turner in passing. He isn't "ranting about Turner as you stated in your original post.


ah forget it..... I guess I will just imagine having Haynos and Turner to assist Marshall.. That will be so great :youwin:

_________________
Caveat: These are the opinions of this user, and may differ from your opinion. Please use common sense before taking offense.
Reply may contain sarcasm


Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:13 am
Profile
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:53 pm
Posts: 3823
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida
Post Re: What Marshall would add
Are there any available receivers who arent such head cases??

_________________
Extend Philbin!
Enough already , this is the best regime in the NFL ...by far!!
2014 Lazor Powered... THE MAKING OF A DYNASTY!!


Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:10 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:30 am
Posts: 2435
Post Re: What Marshall would add
If our staff believes that they can handle Marshall, then getting him is a no-brainer. Everyone thought Moss would be a problem for the Patriots......in retrospect, they found a way to make it work and had great success as a result.

_________________
Image
Philbin's countenance exudes confidence!
1984 was so long ago...Will there ever be another rainbow?


Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:27 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:35 pm
Posts: 3412
Location: Charleston AFB, SC
Post Re: What Marshall would add
Turner being inserted on the premis that Ginn be gone and you could have a couple 6'3+ guys in the end zone at once. By no means do I mean he will be instantly good or even on the team.

As for Hartline, he will be on the starting roster next year. This kid is good. He was one of our top guys his rookie year and I think he will be an excellent #2 guy. Line him up opposite of someone like Marshall, and he becomes instantly better (due in part to lack of attention). If we got Marshall we could easily run a spread very well. Doubt it will happen that way, but we could.

I'm a big fan of scooping up Marshall. Head case or not, the pros vastly out-weigh the cons. The offense is really 1 #1 WR away from greatness. It would allow a defense heavy draft. If I had the choice between Marshall and Boldin, I would take Marshall in a second. Head cases are easier to deal with than injury cases.

_________________
Image


Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:21 pm
Profile
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7532
Location: Massachusetts
Post Re: What Marshall would add
FrustratedFinFan wrote:
If our staff believes that they can handle Marshall, then getting him is a no-brainer. Everyone thought Moss would be a problem for the Patriots......in retrospect, they found a way to make it work and had great success as a result.

The difference is that Marshall had 3 seperate incidents with his teammates and coaches last season alone. Moss had not gotten into any trouble in a while when NE got him.


Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:27 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:35 pm
Posts: 3412
Location: Charleston AFB, SC
Post Re: What Marshall would add
Consider the leadership there though. I doubt he would have those issues here. That whole staff in Denver got off on the wrong foot.

_________________
Image


Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:32 pm
Profile
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7532
Location: Massachusetts
Post Re: What Marshall would add
Ski_Money wrote:
Consider the leadership there though. I doubt he would have those issues here. That whole staff in Denver got off on the wrong foot.


Who cares. He acted like a 3 year old leading up to the season, got into a fight with one of his teammates on the sideline when things weren't going so well, and even though he was healthy enough to play, he decided not to with the Post Season on the line.

I don't care if Al Davis was their Head Coach....unacceptable behavior from anybody, especially a veteran like Marshall.

And no leadership? They have had one of the most stable ownership/front offices in the NFL for the last 3 decades, added guys like Brian Dawkins, Vonnie Holliday, and Kyle Orton to their roster....

Pass on Marshall. The guy has been given 20 too many chances...


Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:46 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:30 am
Posts: 2435
Post Re: What Marshall would add
Denver's staff has issues.....they alienated Cutler as well as Marshall......Cutler's poor performance in Chicago masks those issues, but the staff obviously has trouble keeping top players happy.

_________________
Image
Philbin's countenance exudes confidence!
1984 was so long ago...Will there ever be another rainbow?


Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:56 pm
Profile
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:04 pm
Posts: 6562
Post Re: What Marshall would add
He will a headcase to this team and he will be a cancer in the locker rom, no thanks. Guys, look how bad we want/need a reciever just like every other team in the NFL. Why would a team trade a true #1 receiver? Ditto for QBs...if Cutler was that good, no way does Denver trade him. Low and behold, he sucks.


Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:01 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:30 am
Posts: 2435
Post Re: What Marshall would add
Cutler does not suck. He was great at Denver, with some talent around him. Put him in Chicago, where the best receiver is your rookie WR.....and voila, he sucks.....he tried to force the ball and get it done......he just never seemed to realize that Royal and Marshall didn't come to Chicago with him. I predict a big turnaround for him when he gets his head straight and stops trying to do it all.....

I would be happy to pass on Boldin, if we are gonnna' do what it takes to get Dez Bryant. I think that is a much better move.....but I just don't think our team is committed to drafting anything in the 1st two rounds but big uglies for the line, defensive players, and QB's. No need for wide receivers here.....or maybe some running backs now that our running game revolves around a 35 year old player.......

_________________
Image
Philbin's countenance exudes confidence!
1984 was so long ago...Will there ever be another rainbow?


Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:11 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:35 pm
Posts: 3412
Location: Charleston AFB, SC
Post Re: What Marshall would add
Quote:
Who cares. He acted like a 3 year old leading up to the season, got into a fight with one of his teammates on the sideline when things weren't going so well, and even though he was healthy enough to play, he decided not to with the Post Season on the line.

I don't care if Al Davis was their Head Coach....unacceptable behavior from anybody, especially a veteran like Marshall.

And no leadership? They have had one of the most stable ownership/front offices in the NFL for the last 3 decades, added guys like Brian Dawkins, Vonnie Holliday, and Kyle Orton to their roster....

Pass on Marshall. The guy has been given 20 too many chances...

Not this year they didn't. The whole coaching staff there is a joke. The way they went in to the season destroyed all of the team unity they enjoyed for so long. Marshall's behavior was simply the most visible part of the problems they had there. Marshall was not the only one to not play a few games. The team turned on the coaches that had already turned on them. Players need leadership they can trust, and that trust them. None of the above in Denver. Bring him here under Sparano and Co. and it will be night and day.

_________________
Image


Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:38 pm
Profile
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7532
Location: Massachusetts
Post Re: What Marshall would add
Ski_Money wrote:
Quote:
Who cares. He acted like a 3 year old leading up to the season, got into a fight with one of his teammates on the sideline when things weren't going so well, and even though he was healthy enough to play, he decided not to with the Post Season on the line.

I don't care if Al Davis was their Head Coach....unacceptable behavior from anybody, especially a veteran like Marshall.

And no leadership? They have had one of the most stable ownership/front offices in the NFL for the last 3 decades, added guys like Brian Dawkins, Vonnie Holliday, and Kyle Orton to their roster....

Pass on Marshall. The guy has been given 20 too many chances...

Not this year they didn't. The whole coaching staff there is a joke. The way they went in to the season destroyed all of the team unity they enjoyed for so long. Marshall's behavior was simply the most visible part of the problems they had there. Marshall was not the only one to not play a few games. The team turned on the coaches that had already turned on them. Players need leadership they can trust, and that trust them. None of the above in Denver. Bring him here under Sparano and Co. and it will be night and day.


They started the season 6-0, so I don't agree with your first point there that they came in with no unity.

We'll agree to disagree. I just think that Marshall is a baby no matter where he is. Whether the team "turned on the coach" or not, his maturity level is that of a little kid, and for him not to play with the playoffs on the line just to make a point, or whatever the hell the reason, is absolutely ridiculous.

It's like, you're getting paid millions of dollars to go out and play. So shut up, and go out and play football...


Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:02 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:35 pm
Posts: 3412
Location: Charleston AFB, SC
Post Re: What Marshall would add
On the brite side, that might make him a little cheaper to aquire >]

_________________
Image


Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:06 pm
Profile
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:43 pm
Posts: 4581
Location: Wellington, FL
Post Re: What Marshall would add
Ski_Money wrote:
Turner being inserted on the premis that Ginn be gone and you could have a couple 6'3+ guys in the end zone at once. By no means do I mean he will be instantly good or even on the team.

As for Hartline, he will be on the starting roster next year. This kid is good. He was one of our top guys his rookie year and I think he will be an excellent #2 guy. Line him up opposite of someone like Marshall, and he becomes instantly better (due in part to lack of attention). If we got Marshall we could easily run a spread very well. Doubt it will happen that way, but we could.

I'm a big fan of scooping up Marshall. Head case or not, the pros vastly out-weigh the cons. The offense is really 1 #1 WR away from greatness. It would allow a defense heavy draft. If I had the choice between Marshall and Boldin, I would take Marshall in a second. Head cases are easier to deal with than injury cases.


I do understand your point...

But having Hartline/Bess/Camarillo along with Marshall, and hopefully a better TE, or at least a Fasano playing at the level he did in 08 would make it more enjoyable to me.

Turner's size is impressive, but so isnt Ginn's speed. But I have not seen enough from either to make me start thinking about them on the filed next year ..

I do agree on Hartline though, I think he is going to be one special player. He could really be another Welker or maybe more like Steve Smith type of player, just a physical style of play that makes up for alot... I know many say it about Bess, but I think hartline has a little something more. Bess/Camarillo are great possession receivers, and that fits well into our offense, but a guy that is just a menace to the defense is great..

:jests:

_________________
Caveat: These are the opinions of this user, and may differ from your opinion. Please use common sense before taking offense.
Reply may contain sarcasm


Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:51 pm
Profile
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:38 pm
Posts: 545
Post Re: What Marshall would add
Phins Rock wrote:
They started the season 6-0, so I don't agree with your first point there that they came in with no unity.

We'll agree to disagree. I just think that Marshall is a baby no matter where he is. Whether the team "turned on the coach" or not, his maturity level is that of a little kid, and for him not to play with the playoffs on the line just to make a point, or whatever the hell the reason, is absolutely ridiculous.

It's like, you're getting paid millions of dollars to go out and play. So shut up, and go out and play football...


I think you might have Marshall a little twisted. The only concerns anyone should have with Marshall are off the field problems, not on the field or with the orginization.

The fight with a teammate you speak of - do you know the situation? Moreno was in the wrong, Marshall was being a leader.

Not want to play when playoffs were on the line? Did you just make that up, everyone knows coach made that decision on a wednesday when Marshall was a little banged up to practice. That was coach making a point, not Marshall.


Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:20 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 5439
Post Re: What Marshall would add
MTFan wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:
They started the season 6-0, so I don't agree with your first point there that they came in with no unity.

We'll agree to disagree. I just think that Marshall is a baby no matter where he is. Whether the team "turned on the coach" or not, his maturity level is that of a little kid, and for him not to play with the playoffs on the line just to make a point, or whatever the hell the reason, is absolutely ridiculous.

It's like, you're getting paid millions of dollars to go out and play. So shut up, and go out and play football...


I think you might have Marshall a little twisted. The only concerns anyone should have with Marshall are off the field problems, not on the field or with the orginization.

The fight with a teammate you speak of - do you know the situation? Moreno was in the wrong, Marshall was being a leader.

Not want to play when playoffs were on the line? Did you just make that up, everyone knows coach made that decision on a wednesday when Marshall was a little banged up to practice. That was coach making a point, not Marshall.


Yeah, McDaniels' ego is too big for it to fit his sweatshirts...that's why his arms always come out farther than the sleeves. Marshall sat out of practice cuz of a hamstring, and McDaniels benched him. Stupid move if you ask me. He came in and trades away their quarterback. I'd be mouthing off and disrespecting that guy too if I were Marshall. Even if I were healthy I wouldn't want to play for him, let alone being banged up.
The reason the Broncos started off so hot was that freak play in Cincinnati. They got it in their head that they could win, and just like I said, their first loss would snowball into a bunch of losses. Get Marshall into an environment that is productive (I honestly don't think Miami is one of them) and he will be just fine.

_________________
Image


Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:42 pm
Profile
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:20 pm
Posts: 156
Location: Mexico City
Post Re: What Marshall would add
I just don't see our franchise trading for Marshall or any other player including Boldin... its been clear to me that this team is relying on the players they have at the moment they have them... so If this all about a true #1 WR for the team... Rest assure he's in our training squad or will be drafted in the future.... maybe he's already activated and yet to shown what he can really do... Maybe we make a FA (veteran) pick up for Henne ... who knows.... very young crew including the QB.

But trading BIG for 2 players involving injuries and troublemaking crap doesn't make sense to me.

Miami has bigger concerns on defense this year so I expect probably the same crew and Turner activated for game 1...

_________________
Image


Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:45 am
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:35 pm
Posts: 3412
Location: Charleston AFB, SC
Post Re: What Marshall would add
50% chance of not having to trade for Marshall. If there is a CBA then he is an unrestricted FA.

_________________
Image


Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:17 am
Profile
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7532
Location: Massachusetts
Post Re: What Marshall would add
MTFan wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:
They started the season 6-0, so I don't agree with your first point there that they came in with no unity.

We'll agree to disagree. I just think that Marshall is a baby no matter where he is. Whether the team "turned on the coach" or not, his maturity level is that of a little kid, and for him not to play with the playoffs on the line just to make a point, or whatever the hell the reason, is absolutely ridiculous.

It's like, you're getting paid millions of dollars to go out and play. So shut up, and go out and play football...


I think you might have Marshall a little twisted. The only concerns anyone should have with Marshall are off the field problems, not on the field or with the orginization.

The fight with a teammate you speak of - do you know the situation? Moreno was in the wrong, Marshall was being a leader.

Not want to play when playoffs were on the line? Did you just make that up, everyone knows coach made that decision on a wednesday when Marshall was a little banged up to practice. That was coach making a point, not Marshall.

There is a time and place for letting your teammate know whatever it was Marshall was letting him know. Not on national TV on the sideline so the whole world can watch you embarass one of your teammates.

And Josh McDaniels said in his press conference that he was disapointed Marshall decided not to play even though he could. I think his words were "I've seen guys play through much more than what he had".

I realize that people want to make excuses for Miami to bring him here, because he would be an unbelievable pick up. But you can't. Even just for the fact of what his reputation is. The first thing Bill Parcells told the team when he got in Miami was that he did not want any thugs or hooligans. Marshall fits that definition, so I cannot see this organization bringing him in. What message does that send to the players?


Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:53 am
Profile
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:38 pm
Posts: 545
Post Re: What Marshall would add
Phins Rock wrote:
There is a time and place for letting your teammate know whatever it was Marshall was letting him know. Not on national TV on the sideline so the whole world can watch you embarass one of your teammates.

And Josh McDaniels said in his press conference that he was disapointed Marshall decided not to play even though he could. I think his words were "I've seen guys play through much more than what he had".


Moreno is the one who blew up, Marshall just reacted to the rookie - don't fumble the ball at the goalline.

Josh McDaniels was talking about practice. Marshall was not going to practice and McDaniels lost it.


Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:06 pm
Profile
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7532
Location: Massachusetts
Post Re: What Marshall would add
MTFan wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:
There is a time and place for letting your teammate know whatever it was Marshall was letting him know. Not on national TV on the sideline so the whole world can watch you embarass one of your teammates.

And Josh McDaniels said in his press conference that he was disapointed Marshall decided not to play even though he could. I think his words were "I've seen guys play through much more than what he had".


Moreno is the one who blew up, Marshall just reacted to the rookie - don't fumble the ball at the goalline.

Josh McDaniels was talking about practice. Marshall was not going to practice and McDaniels lost it.

As well he should. You're telling me Sparano wouldn't have too, or any other coach?

We'll agree to disagree, but Marshall to me is a problem child, always has been, always will be unless something drastic happens.

And let me just say this...you think Marshall was bad in Denver....bring him to South Beach and see what happens.


Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:06 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 28 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007, 2010 phpBB Group.
Designed by Coots & IamPZ - Phinfever.com.