View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:36 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 So let me get this straight... 
Phinfever Newbie
Phinfever Newbie

Post So let me get this straight...
The Trifecta brings in Incognito (headcase, troublemaker, etc) for a visit and probably will sign him but your not taking a long look at Marshall (headcase, troublemaker, etc). Honestly, this what makes the Miami Dolphins average! Take a fricken risk and bring a NUMBER ONE WR here! I want playmakers on this team who will lift fans out of their seats play after play.

The Jets are DOING what it takes to win. They are signing players who will make their team the team to beat next year. Say what you want about Cromartie but I will guarantee him and Revis will be lights out next year. I guess we will just "pick em" apart with Hartline and Ginn. This theme down here with the Trifecta hasn't gotten old.

Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:50 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator

Post Re: So let me get this straight...
Can people shut up about the Jets?? They did the same thing 2 off seasons ago, and we won the division.

About Incognito, it is way different. The guy will probably get (if he even signs) a smaller contract with a lot of incentives. There really isn't any risk there. Plus, he's not really a trouble maker off the field from what I know.

With Marshall there is HUGE risk.

We're not average because we don't take risks...we're average because our drafts from 1998-2007 produced NOTHING, and we are trying to make up for it right now...and doing a hell of a job.

This team has won as mahy games as NY has the last 2 years, and are 3-1 against them, despite NY spending all this money in FA....they will be in the dumps in 2 years once all those contracts are at their end, and they are in serious cap trouble while we will be riding high because our team is actually built the way it is supposed to be...through the draft and selective FA's.

People need to stop the crying game. We've spent more money than most teams have this FA period, and we're "not aggressive enough". Please.

Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:55 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Phin954 wrote:
The Trifecta brings in Incognito (headcase, troublemaker, etc) for a visit and probably will sign him but your not taking a long look at Marshall (headcase, troublemaker, etc). Honestly, this what makes the Miami Dolphins average! Take a fricken risk and bring a NUMBER ONE WR here!

Let me get this straight...
You think that Richie Incognito is a tendered free agent that requires a 1st round pick to sign, and when you do sign him it will take a boat load of money to make him happy? And then on top of that you have to be concerned with Richie as to whether he'll stay out of trouble with the law?

You are comparing two things that are not even remotely close. If you're so sick of these guys doing what they think makes a successful team, then I don't want to see you even break a smile when Miami holds up a Super Bowl trophy some day based on the same philosophy they've been using.

Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:14 pm

Is Richie Incognito even worth all this talk. Yeah he might bring that abrasevness to the table but at what cost? If the Jets were corting him we would say let them have another troublemaker. I still think the free agents you dont sign sometimes is just as significant as the ones you do sign. Loading up on free agents clearly is not the recipe for success. Yeah it looks good in March but when you have to gel together on Sundays its a whole different thing.
All this Jets talk .... what board is this anyway?? And for all the Jets have done the Patriots are quietly re signing their key guys to bargain contracts while loading up on draft picks ... that is why they still own the AFC east.

Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:42 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]