View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:20 pm

Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 OT: Lions CB Aaron Berry 
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Post Re: OT: Lions CB Aaron Berry
I guess some people just have to be right. Even when they are wrong.

Is my wife here??

:fart:

Just messin...

Glad he was charged. Its people like him that give responsible gun owners a bad name.

Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:57 am
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

10acjed wrote:

Not to mention be jerks about it... whoever those people you are referring to are....

Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:19 am
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Rich wrote:
10acjed wrote:

Not to mention be jerks about it... whoever those people you are referring to are....

I try my hardest to not get involved in the exchanges.

I would just prefer that people did not have the idea that you can play games with the police when they think you have a gun...

Whats fun is watching them carry over from thread to thread, regardless of the topic

:war:

Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:12 am

10acjed wrote:
Whats fun is watching them carry over from thread to thread, regardless of the topic

Those are the saddest ones....

Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:34 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Iowafin wrote:
"many states"
Regardless, yes, if you are CAUGHT IN THE ACT OF AN OFFENSE, then they could very well have probable cause. But they can't just pull you over based on hearsay and rip through your vehicle. Period.

No, but they can pull over & detain you at the scene until they get a warrant.

Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:42 am
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Oh, and he was released by the Lions today.

Good he is a POS.

Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:16 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Makchell wrote:
Oh, and he was released by the Lions today.

Good he is a POS.

The Dolphins are interested

Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:43 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Link? I hope this is a sick joke. lol

Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:13 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Makchell wrote:

Link? I hope this is a sick joke. lol

Why not we are linked to everyone else..

The Latest is TO.

Ya it was a sick joke

Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:28 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Why not we are linked to everyone else..

The Latest is TO.

Ya it was a sick joke

Whew, you had me scared there. Funny that I thought it might be true knowing all the mistakes in the past.

Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:56 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Let me put the entire search of the car thing to rest. If the police have reports of a vehicle which had individuals who are threatening the public with firearms, the police have the right to stop the vehicle and find the weapons. It's called exergent circumstances. If the police need to keep the public safe then they can surely stop the vehicle, detain the suspects, and search that vehicle without the owner's consent if it is in the interest of public safety. So long as the suspects pose a real threat to the public those officers were well within their rights to stop them and sieze those weapons.

Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:03 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

Quote:
The gun was in fact registered to Berry and he had a license to carry but according to PA law a license to carry does not allow you to carry in a vehicle.

This is a different animal. If he owns the car, then it is legal according to the US constitution. If he rented, or the car belongs to someone else, he could be breaking the law by carrying in a vehicle.

Search and seizure..... most states have almost instantaneous approval for warrants...ie they have a judge on call and they can now print the warrant in the police vehicle. So if the officer wants the evidence collected to stick in court, he probably should get a warrant. A good lawyer will get any evidence collected at a stop thrown out.

Brandishing a firearm is different state to state. In colorado, we have open carry laws so seeing a holstered weapon isn't brandishing. If you remove it and point, it is felony harassment with intent. In some states with no open carry law, it is a fcrime to be seen with even a holstered weapon. I know in Colorado there is a distinction in the law. If I'm a concealed carry guy and get in an altercation and "show" the gun by lifting my shirt...that is felony brandishinig. If I reach up to grab a box on a shelf and someone sees my weapon in a walmart, I can be charged with disturbing the peace. I would venture to say in most states there are small distinctions in the laws as well.

Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:22 am
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

NFLJunkie wrote:
Quote:
The gun was in fact registered to Berry and he had a license to carry but according to PA law a license to carry does not allow you to carry in a vehicle.

This is a different animal. If he owns the car, then it is legal according to the US constitution. If he rented, or the car belongs to someone else, he could be breaking the law by carrying in a vehicle.

Search and seizure..... most states have almost instantaneous approval for warrants...ie they have a judge on call and they can now print the warrant in the police vehicle. So if the officer wants the evidence collected to stick in court, he probably should get a warrant. A good lawyer will get any evidence collected at a stop thrown out.

Brandishing a firearm is different state to state. In colorado, we have open carry laws so seeing a holstered weapon isn't brandishing. If you remove it and point, it is felony harassment with intent. In some states with no open carry law, it is a fcrime to be seen with even a holstered weapon. I know in Colorado there is a distinction in the law. If I'm a concealed carry guy and get in an altercation and "show" the gun by lifting my shirt...that is felony brandishinig. If I reach up to grab a box on a shelf and someone sees my weapon in a walmart, I can be charged with disturbing the peace. I would venture to say in most states there are small distinctions in the laws as well.

There is an open carry law in PA as well. The vehicle he was in was rented.

Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:26 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Who really cares!? The guy got what he deserved! If the cop did by some means mess something up by searching his car.. I don't particularly give a sh@t. You point a gun at a Dolphin fan in thug like fashion. Let alone one of our OWN. And you deserve everything you got coming to you.

Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:30 pm
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Nice job, PZ. You started a domino effect ... and a well needed one.

Quote:

Lions cut Johnny Culbreath, sign Jonathan Scott
Posted by Michael David Smith on July 24, 2012, 4:06 PM EDT

For the second day in a row, the Lions have released one of their players who was arrested this offseason.

Yesterday cornerback Aaron Berry was given the old heave-ho, and today offensive tackle Johnny Culbreath has been released. Culbreath, a 2011 seventh-round draft pick, was arrested in January for marijuana possession.

To fill Culbreath’s spot on the offensive line, the Lions have picked up offensive tackle Jonathan Scott, who was released by the Steelers five days ago.

This will be Scott’s second stint with the Lions, who took him out of Texas in the fifth round of the 2006 NFL Draft. After two years with the Lions he spent two years with the Bills and then two years with the Steelers. It’s unlikely that Scott can compete for a starting job in Detroit, but he may earn a spot on the 53-man roster as the No. 4 tackle behind last year’s starters Jeff Backus and Gosder Cherilus, and this year’s first-round draft pick Riley Reiff.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... han-scott/

Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:33 pm
Profile WWW

LOL I have to agree with Hypo... he got what he deserved and what I meant to happen by alerting the media... i dont even care if he gets jail time anymore... he all but ruined his easy peezy career.

Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:46 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

IamPZ wrote:
LOL I have to agree with Hypo... he got what he deserved and what I meant to happen by alerting the media... i dont even care if he gets jail time anymore... he all but ruined his easy peezy career.

If the police need to you testify you should do it, too many of these punks get away with it because people fail to stand up to them.

Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:31 pm
Reply to topic   [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2