View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:25 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 McShay: “A good chance” Dez Bryant falls 
Phinfever Live! Radio Host
Phinfever Live! Radio Host

Post McShay: “A good chance” Dez Bryant falls
Quote:
by Edgar Thompson

ESPN’s Todd McShay believes Dez Bryant is the most-talented wide receiver in the draft since Calvin Johnson and Andre Johnson.

But while Calvin Johnson was the No. 2 pick in 2007 and Andre Johnson No. 3 in 2003, no one knows how far Bryant will fall because of questions about his character, dependability and motivation.

McShay, speaking on a conference call today, said the questions about Bryant - a top-5 talent by any measure - could force the wide receiver-needy Dolphins to make a tough decision at No. 12.

“Dez Bryant is most likely not going to be a top-five pick and there’s a good chance he’s not going to go in the top 10, 11 spots,” McShay said.

Everyone here knows who’d be up next.

More: http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/thedaily ... -dolphins/

Phinfever Live!!!

Listen Live: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/phinfeverradio

RIP, Tom

Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:11 am
Profile YIM
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Re: McShay: “A good chance” Dez Bryant falls
it would be tough decision at #12 for Dez. As much as i would love to get that game breaking receiver, i was not aware of all the red flags Dez has brought. After reading some great threads on this site, i'm not sure that Dez would be the best pick for us, and i'm not sure the FO takes the risk. We need young guys that will come in and contribute right away, whether it's special teams or whatever. I have a feeling that we are going to take a S at #12. I think it's going to be earl thomas. If we sign OLB Jeanty then i think we might grab a WO in rd 2 or 3. I say 2 if for some reason Benn or thomas fall there.

Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:54 am
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

There are some issues with Dez, but a lot of these red flags are put out by teams that hope he will drop to them.

Teams will have to do there research on Dez and determine what is true and what is not.

I had a blog on this last Sunday called the False Information Game.

Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:00 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

phinsfansc wrote:
There are some issues with Dez, but a lot of these red flags are put out by teams that hope he will drop to them.

Teams will have to do there research on Dez and determine what is true and what is not.

I had a blog on this last Sunday called the False Information Game.

I'll take a look at your blog. Well the Phins were able to research the Vontae red flags and it worked out pretty well. So, I'm sure that they will do the same thing with Dez.

Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:03 am
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

I don't want anything to do with him at #12. That will be a TERRIBLE pick. He is not even close to the type of player Calvin Johnson or Andre Johnson is. He is like 6 inches shorter than those guys. Go defense in first round, pick up WR later. I am still so pissed we didn't even bother to address WR in free agency, stupid move by the FO. I am seriously questioning their knowledge anymore.

Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:23 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

He is not Calvin or Andre Johnson.
Bryant ran, what, a 4.55 40 while both Calvin were Andre under 4.45...Cavlin easily
Bryant is shorter, although not much to Andre, but Calvin's got 3 inches on him.

All he has are stats from a wide open offense. If stats made the player we'd see guys like Trevor Insley and Taylor Stubblefield going in the top 5.

Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:34 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Dez will prove the doubters wrong. I think Miami will at least find some solace in the fact he won't be on the board when they pick at #12 though. The only thing Dez has to worry about is going to a team with a lousy QB situation (like the Raiders). No receiver can shine if the QB can't put the ball near his hands (ask our receivers about Pat White's accuracy).

Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:48 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]