View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:32 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Miami Dolphins sign 3 exclusive - rights free agents 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Miami Dolphins sign 3 exclusive - rights free agents
Quote:
by: Omar Kelly March 20th, 2010 | 12:18 PM The Miami Dolphins have retained all three of their exclusive-rights free agents, signing them to qualifying offers this week.
According to their agents, receiver Davone Bess, tight end Joey Haynos and kicker Dan Carpenter have all signed their one-year contracts, which will allow each to participate in the team’s offseason conditioning program that begins on Monday.
Because the Dolphins acquired both Bess and Carpenter as undrafted rookies in 2008 no other team was able to bid on their services when their initial two-year deals expired. Haynos fell into the same category when the Dolphins poached him from Green Bay’s practice squad in his rookie season, signing the 25-year-old to a two-year deal in 2008.
All three players are amongst the Dolphins’ top youngsters on the roster

http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports_fo ... l+Blogs%29

Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:13 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Re: Miami Dolphins sign 3 exclusive - rights free agents
Quote:
Even as they're trying to plug holes on the roster this year, the Miami brain trust is aware of the leaks the roster is about to spring next year.

The Dolphins are scheduled to have 15 unrestricted free agent players in 2011 and a handful more restricted players.

That would represent the biggest class of potential free agent losses the Dolphins have ever had, dating to the birth of free agency in 1992.

Next offseason, Miami's top three running backs -- Ronnie Brown, Ricky Williams and Patrick Cobbs -- are scheduled to become free agents.

The team's No. 2 and No. 3 quarterbacks -- Tyler Thigpen and Chad Pennington -- can be free agents.

The team's two nose tackles -- Jason Ferguson and Paul Soliai -- can be free agents.

Starting tight end Anthony Fasano can be a free agent.

Punter Brandon Fields and long-snapper John Denney can be free agents, and kicker Dan Carpenter can be a restricted free agent.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/03/21/1 ... -from.html

Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:50 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Out of all those mentioned I expect only Ricky to perhabs sign a new 1-year contract. I don't know enough about Cobbs but if he is deemed to have potential probably him too. I think Ronnie has to prove himself next season in order to warrant an extension.

Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:05 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

enJeppesen wrote:
Out of all those mentioned I expect only Ricky to perhabs sign a new 1-year contract. I don't know enough about Cobbs but if he is deemed to have potential probably him too. I think Ronnie has to prove himself next season in order to warrant an extension.

Are you saying that Ronnie needs to prove himself by staying healthy for a year or ....?

Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:44 am
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

AQNOR wrote:
enJeppesen wrote:

Are you saying that Ronnie needs to prove himself by staying healthy for a year or ....?

Well a bit of both, I doubt they will throw a multi-year extension to a player who has had 2 relatively big injuries in 3 years and then gets another. Or if he stays healthy but then produces sub-par is another scenario. :)

Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:13 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]