View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:33 pm

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 
 QB Chad Henne Lobbies for Veteran WR 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Post QB Chad Henne Lobbies for Veteran WR
Quote:
Henne Lobbies for Veteran WR
Sat Mar 20, 2010
www.ffmastermind.com

The National Football Post reports Miami Dolphins QB Chad Henne has offered an opinion about personnel matters. This time, he lobbied for the Dolphins to pursue a veteran wide receiver such as WR Terrell Owens or WR Brandon Marshall to go with the team's core of young receivers. "There's definitely guys out there, like you said," Henne said. "There's T.O. There's Brandon Marshall. There's guys in the draft. Where we're at, we have a bunch of young guys who are definitely learning and going to be explosive in the next coming year. But you need kind of a veteran guy that's really going to take hold of our young guys and teach them the right ways."

Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:25 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Post Re: QB Chad Henne Lobbies for Veteran WR
How long til the coaches shut him up?

Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:54 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

For real, just shut up already... jeez.

Too much Henne talk... stay at the gym and zip yo lip.

Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:34 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator

What did he say that was wrong?? He's 100% on the money, everybody knows he's on the money, and everybody knows that he knows that everybody knows he's right.

He was asked a question, and he answered it honestly. I don't see what you guys are getting worked up about.

Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:34 am
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

But you need kind of a veteran guy that's really going to take hold of our young guys and teach them the right ways."

Yeah TO and Marshall are model players to teach our young guys. Henne, shut the eff up and learn how to get rid of the ball faster and stp throwing picks every freaking game.

Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:37 am
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

Phins Rock wrote:
What did he say that was wrong?? He's 100% on the money, everybody knows he's on the money, and everybody knows that he knows that everybody knows he's right.

He was asked a question, and he answered it honestly. I don't see what you guys are getting worked up about.

Exactly. Maybe not TO exactly, but he is right.

Additionally, he is entitled to his own opinion.

Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:49 am

Makchell wrote:
Henne, shut the eff up and learn how to get rid of the ball faster and stp throwing picks every freaking game.

So because he is voicing his opinion he isn't working on those things?

The kneejerks are out in force in this thread....

Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:51 am
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Makchell wrote:
But you need kind of a veteran guy that's really going to take hold of our young guys and teach them the right ways."

Yeah TO and Marshall are model players to teach our young guys. Henne, shut the eff up and learn how to get rid of the ball faster and stp throwing picks every freaking game.

Jeesh. The guy wants to win. Cut him some slack. He is right afterall.

Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:01 am
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Rich wrote:
Additionally, he is entitled to his own opinion.

And he didn't throw his receivers under the bus either. As he stated in other parts of his interview, having a veteran leader such as Pennington made him a better quarterback. He is saying that a veteran receiver can make our young receivers even better.

Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:03 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I agree that I don't see any problem with Henne being honest as it is true that Miami could use a veteran receiver to hit the ground running. Besides, if I were QB, I would be alittle selfish knowing that a playmaker at wide receiver could really enhance the offense.

Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:05 am
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Camarillo - 5th year
Ginn - 4th year
Bess - 3rd year

They arent rookies.... They are just not the TO or Marshall type of WR.....

Its not an insult, its the facts... But still there is enough of it going on with the reporters, you dont need the guy who is supposed to be the leader making the notion that the current players are not good enough....

The fact is, we need a guy to stretch the field and draw double coverage.... It would free up our current WR's and make them look alot better from where Henne is standing...

Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:14 am

10acjed wrote:
you dont need the guy who is supposed to be the leader making the notion that the current players are not good enough....

He didn't.

Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:26 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I know he didn't want to put down his teammates, but isn't it obvious that our wide receivers are sub-par? The only one has shown a hint of being able to make big plays is Hartline....a rookie.....who had 3 TD's last year. Bess is a fine slot receiver, but his inability to make plays after the catch diminishes his value. Henne knows that if we don't upgrade at WR, then he is going to have a rough road again next season.

Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:43 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

He did a much better job with this question than the Tebow one. Again, he's being asked questions and answering them. He's not holding a press conference demanding a veteran. He even went as far to say they have young guys who will be explosive next year (which I kind of doubt). He said before they have finesse guys and he'd love a big target. No one made a stink about that.

Minus Hartline and Bess, I could care less if they overhauled the entire receiving corps.

Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:20 pm

Our current corp of receivers are pretty good. By that I mean they are individually, solid, reliable WR's who will have a game here and now.

Bess is entering that famous 3rd year for a WR, and I expect 1,000 yards from him. If Ginn can pick up from where he left off towards the end of last season, and if Hartline can skip that sophomore slump, than I think we have a solid core of receivers. And obviously you know what you're going to get from Cam...

If you can add that number 1 WR, you instantly have one of the better WR's corps in the NFL. Right now, it does not look like we will add that number 1, and I believe that we'll look to add a playmaker, maybe in the 3rd round, and look for that big time guy next year in FA or in the draft which will feature a potential 3 big-time WR's, maybe 4 depending on how Ryan Broyles does this upcoming year, (all 4 are juniors, which is why I say potential).

I think we will have to live with the WR's we have on the roster right now, plus maybe that 2nd or 3rd rounder we might be targeting.

Don't forget about Taurus Johnson on the practice squad. Came in very raw out of college, but he is extremely physically gifted and stuck on the practice squad all year long last seaon. He's a vid of him at South Florida. (There's also a part 2 to the vid)

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:25 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Rich wrote:
10acjed wrote:
you dont need the guy who is supposed to be the leader making the notion that the current players are not good enough....

He didn't.

Yeah, TO Brandon Marshall and "guys in the draft" are exactly what we need to guide our "young" WR's....

:war:

Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:14 pm
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]