View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:43 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 OT: 5 NFL Teams Face A Hard Road Back (Patriots) 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

OT: 5 NFL Teams Face A Hard Road Back (Patriots)
TSN wrote:
New England Patriots.

Their division opponents have been active in the offseason so far. The Dolphins made the big defensive upgrade by signing Dansby. The Jets have been busy adding a pair of former Chargers, Antonio Cromartie and LaDainian Tomlinson.

After some early noise that the Patriots were going to pursue Julius Peppers, the biggest news out of their camp has been Randy Moss' statement that he expects 2010 to be his last season with the team.

Miami should be improved, with Chad Henne starting from the beginning of the season and an upgraded defense that should make more big plays. The Jets, of course, return with Rex Ryan's dominant defense—and Mark Sanchez has the talent and drive to skip the sophomore slump.

It'll be hard to deny the Brady/Belichick Patriots the playoffs. But the Dolphins and Jets both have recent experience playing spoiler.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/article ... -road-back

Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:25 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Post Re: OT: 5 NFL Teams Face A Hard Road Back (Patriots)
I am so tired of hearing about the vaunted jets defense. I guess the 2009 Miami Dolphins offense must have been pretty vaunted too because it kicked the crap out of the 2009 new york jets defense.

Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:52 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

catman_56 wrote:
I am so tired of hearing about the vaunted jets defense. I guess the 2009 Miami Dolphins offense must have been pretty vaunted too because it kicked the crap out of the 2009 new york jets defense.

Twice.

Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:00 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Well.. Until Ronnie went down.. Our Rushing game was the best in the league. And our offense was scoring significantly more points. Imagine if Ronnie can stay healthy and we get a #1 WR.

Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:37 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

hypocritex wrote:
Well.. Until Ronnie went down.. Our Rushing game was the best in the league. And our offense was scoring significantly more points. Imagine if Ronnie can stay healthy and we get a #1 WR.

I don't think you can underestimate this thought. The offense will really start to mature this year. I'm excited to see the development of Hartline who really has the look of a guy who can step up and be that Ed McCaffrey type receiver. I'd also like to see the continued development of much maligned Ted Ginn. Throw a more talented OL into that equation, new blood at LB the only piece missing is a starting NT. I'm thoroughly enjoying the slow improvement of this team and this year ought to be a great year to be a Phin Fan!

Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:03 pm
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

I think our biggest addition so far is Nolan

Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:27 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Steve Zissou wrote:
I think our biggest addition so far is Nolan

Yeah , & I am wondering if that is a good thing. The best coaches dont mean A thing if they dont have the players to execute the schemes.
Still , it seems every year we go thru this stuff ... did we do enough in the off season , while other teams seemed to have done alot. Most years turns out the same way - we put a competetive team on the field & continue to be somewhere in the middle of the pack.

Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:52 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

NFLJunkie wrote:
hypocritex wrote:

I don't think you can underestimate this thought. The offense will really start to mature this year. I'm excited to see the development of Hartline who really has the look of a guy who can step up and be that Ed McCaffrey type receiver. I'd also like to see the continued development of much maligned Ted Ginn. Throw a more talented OL into that equation, new blood at LB the only piece missing is a starting NT. I'm thoroughly enjoying the slow improvement of this team and this year ought to be a great year to be a Phin Fan!

Throw in a solid Free Safety into the mix to help solidify the secondary and I think the defense can at least slow some teams down enough to allow the offense to win.

Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:28 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]