View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:33 am

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ] 
 You're on the clock... what do you do? 

With the 12th selection in the 2010 NFL draft the Miami Dolphins select :
Dan Williams - DT 19%  19%  [ 5 ]
Earl Thomas - S 19%  19%  [ 5 ]
Sergio Kindle - OLB 4%  4%  [ 1 ]
Dez Bryant - WR 19%  19%  [ 5 ]
CJ Spiller - RB 12%  12%  [ 3 ]
Rolando McClain - ILB 8%  8%  [ 2 ]
Other - who? 19%  19%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 26

You're on the clock... what do you do? 
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Post You're on the clock... what do you do?
Im trying to see what are we all looking for when we hit the clock.

Assuming all players in the list are still available.
Cheers

I vote Dan Williams.... for now... I might jump in the CJ Spiller bandwagon hehe.

Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:32 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Post Re: You're on the clock... what do you do?
After arguing that Spiller would be a dumb pick, I went back and watched some highlights and low lights of him, looked over his intangibles and then began looking the tapes I had of ECU's Chris Johnson. ECU ran a different offense...a little more pro set and definitely more run-oriented...but Spiller brings everything Johnson has and maybe even more. He's a playmaker, and someone that could come in and immediately make an impact. He could be the eventual replacement of Ricky Williams and I understand this team is deep at RB, but are any of them flashy?
It's not about drafting a position, it's about drafting a player. CJ Spiller is a spark that would ignite this offense into something unreal.

Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:42 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

He is not on the list, so I voted for other. By that I mean Brandon Graham.

To me, he is by far the best 34 OLB prospect in this draft, and has the ability to start right away, IMO.

Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:19 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

A few good choices that I would be happy to hear called out at pick number 12 but for me I like Thomas. Need and I think a playmaker. Can probably play two positions. Hope he can bulk up some.

Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:05 pm
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

Let me start by saying I would be happy with any of the group with the exception of Sergio Kindle, and I agree with Phins on Brandon Graham as I have been a fan of his since before the Senior Bowl.

Sergio concerns me because he was not very productive at Texas, and yes I do know he had a great NC game against Alabama. Also, any time a young man has (2) DUI related incidents that resulted in crashes, that concerns me and the Dolphins had already had there fair share of guys getting DUI this past season with Will Allen and Ronnie Brown. Sergio is very talented and has a lot of potential, but I would have liked so seen more from him while at Texas.

I choose Dez Bryant. While this is a deep draft class, the WR class is not very deep and this kid is a super talent, considered by many to be better than Michael Crabtree and he best WR to come out since Calvin Johnson. He has some issues that need to be investigated throughly, but he has had no issues with the law and he addresses one of the needs on this team.

Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:17 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

I voted for Dan Williams DT. Miami absolutely has to control the middle of the offensive line for the defense to work. But I could also see them taking Kindle, Thomas or Bryant in that order. What would be awesome is to move down a little bit in the first in exchange for additional picks.

Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:33 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Phins Rock wrote:
He is not on the list, so I voted for other. By that I mean Brandon Graham.

To me, he is by far the best 34 OLB prospect in this draft, and has the ability to start right away, IMO.

I agree with you on Graham but I would prefer to move down and pick up Cody and an additional draft pick.

Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:43 pm
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Thats smart. If half of those listed players are there it would be real nice to be able to trade down some

Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:53 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

I voted for Dan Williams. I'm not nuts about drafting a NT that soon, but we really are up poop creek without a paddle right now. Solai is not going to be able to handle the load (my guess), and Fergy won't be off suspension till half way through the season. I think we also need a talented FS, so I'm on board with going that direction with this pick. As for OLB, I say bring back Taylor for one more year and rotate him with the younger guys.

Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:03 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

I panicked in to Al Davis mode and picked Jacoby Ford :|

jk, I went with Kindle, I like him. Although Davis has him going to broncos at #11 on nfl.com(just read it)

Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:28 pm
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

GRAHAM is an NFL-ready, pass rushing, fairly big OLB. He seems to have the combination of size and skills that PARCELLS has always looked for.

Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:15 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Had a tough time between Spiller and Thomas but i chose Spiller. I know we need a S but i watched some of the other names out there like Allen, Jones, and Burnett and they all looked good as well. Besides I don't think Texas S's have panned out great in the NFL as of late. Unless Berry falls to us, I'm starting to like Spiller. I know we need D, but like most of the fans, I want to see a sexy pick in the first round, some offense. After watching some clips i would rather have Spiller than Bryant, because the kid is a hard worker and plays whether he is injured or not, and he is always giving 110%. Still would not mind Earl Thomas

Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:29 pm
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

The problems for Dez Bryant are not on the field. The kid played hard and produced for Oklahoma State. 147 catches for 2,425 yards and a 16.5 yard average and 29 career touchdowns is impressive for a 28 game career.

He also had 19 punt returns for a 16.8 yard average and 2 TD with a long of 78 yards.

Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:29 pm
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

i say if we dont go WR at the 12 spot then we better snatch up earl thomas . that would fill a desperate hole of need & that would secure our DB'S for a long while :yay:

Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:52 am
Phinfever FFL Commish
Phinfever FFL Commish

I went with Bryant. Henne needs a true #1 Wr and I think could fit that bill.

Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:44 am
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

This is why it is so hard to pick what we will do.. I love this draft class. There are at least 4 guys I would be very happy with at #12.

Derrick Morgan, Brandon Graham. If the character issues turn out to be bogus... then Dez Bryant. I'd also be very happy with Spiller. Imagine Spiller as the wing in the Wildcat instead of Williams.. If he gets that edge.. UH OH.

So I guess I'll rank them according to need and who I like:

Morgan
Graham
Spiller
Bryant - Would be higher if we really knew the kids character. Might even be #1.

Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:21 am
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

I'd like a nice playmaker like CJ Spiller, but I have to go with Brandon Graham on this one. The kid is pure beast and would really give us the edge rush we need to start pressuring the QB more. This in turn will help out our young secondary and make things a little easier!!

In all honesty I'd do anything I could to trade down somewhere ahead of the Pats and grab Brandon Graham down there. Could pick up another selection in maybe the 3rd or 4th round.

Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:03 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Wow 26 votes and nothing is clear.... :war:

Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:40 am
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]